It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of Trump and Narcissistic Personality Disorder

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I'm not saying Trump isn't a narcissist. Most people have to be full of ego to believe they would make a great President.

I simply do not think he is a pathological narcissist. If he was, I doubt he would have been so successful in private business. Having a high level of self esteem is not the same thing as narcissism.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Actually, A lot of very successful people are raging narcissists, and frequently get sued for being unfair in business and life.

Their lack of concern for others, and their sense of entitlement makes it easy for them to exploit and abuse others.

I have relatives that weren't born into money who are raging narcissists, I suppose if they could have secured a "small loan of one million dollars" they would feel like they were self made bazillionaires too.

Trump, I think, is only kidding around to increase the value of his brand.

If he is serious, and actually gets into office, this country is in serious trouble, because it is business criminals like him and the crooked banks that support people like him that made it less great than it was.

Clinton isn't really any better of a choice than Trump, but by Trump's entering into the race and generally bullying and embarassing the other candidates, speaking out of turn and over people and being infantile and insultive while being cheered on with the support of the ignorant masses as if it were a reality show, he has gained momentum. By his being being a raging narcissistic that is...Amusing...

What a monkey...

But he is truly useless and has no idea how to fulfill the promises he has made. The way the guy acts when confronted with questions about how he plans to fulfill his promises is pretty clear evidence that he doesn't know much of anything.

I think all he's doing is running a spoiler campaign for Clinton.

Narcissism generally is a pathology....
edit on 6-8-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

So let me guess, you won't be voting for him.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I was not aware we were discussing who we were voting for in this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I believe he is to a point. Classic case of NPD? Not a psychologist, so can't say.. but I bet a psychologist could have a field day with him. He certainly touts his "big brain" (and big other body bits) a lot, even though he was academically, very average in school. One example of his feeling of superiority is when asked about ISIS. He claimed he knew more about ISIS than the generals fighting against them. But it was obvious from another interview when grilled over leading players in the world, he was clueless - he got defensive when asked about names of people leading different groups or countries.. saying he would "hire" the people that know that information once he was POTUS.

You know Hillary doesn't like real questions asked about real world problems.

The difference between Clinton (who I also don't support), and Trump, is that she actually has a level of knowledge about a lot of the worlds issues, players, economy, and so on. Trump may have a fringe idea of economic issues, but that's about it. He is woefully ignorant on world politics and issues. It should be a red flag when your enemies try to get a candidate into office, while all your allies are making disparaging comments.. and even banning his presence in their country.

Why would our enemies want him in office? Because they know they will be able to take advantage of him.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Honestly, I think Trump is just a bad speaker who is good at using trigger words to give his speeches the illusion of doing well in the eyes of the folks who support him. I don't think hes a narcissist in the true sense of the word. I think hes just a guy who has to have the last word or jab and this is why he has issues staying on message and is always veering off into other crap like his hands, gold star family and lord knows what else.

I think he is more ADHD than anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-
Honestly, I think Trump is just a bad speaker who is good at using trigger words to give his speeches the illusion of doing well in the eyes of the folks who support him. I don't think hes a narcissist in the true sense of the word. I think hes just a guy who has to have the last word or jab and this is why he has issues staying on message and is always veering off into other crap like his hands, gold star family and lord knows what else.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Heatherli

originally posted by: -Blackout-

The bottom line, I believe, is that the guy is a dangerous buffoon who doesn't grasp the concept of nuclear weapons serving as a deterrent rather than something to be used if he gets ticked off at the latest crack about his supposedly small hands?
His over-reactions, insults, and gratuitous jabs at the Muslim-American couple whose son gave his life for America says it all. That comment he made was an opportunistic crack aimed directly at their faith. That was low! And this is presidential material?
His immaturity, self-aggrandizing behaviour aside, what has he actually said he'll do specifically?
Nothing!! It's all platitudes and that's what draws people in, because in platitudes, the hearer can fill in the blanks with whatever they want most to hear.
Hitler did that too and got very popular because of it. He got everyone fearful of the Jews and we all know what happened.
Trump is taking a few pages from Hitlers playbook. Play on fear, demonized a whole race of people, promise protection from them and the nightmare begins....the 2016 rendition of Germany in the 40's.
Please see the similarities and don't let it happen again!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
An old thread, but the Donald keeps exhibiting the signs...

Trump Won’t Back Down From His Voting Fraud Lie. Here Are the Facts.
Source: New York Times

During a private meeting with congressional leaders on Monday, President Trump asserted that between three million and five million unauthorized immigrants had voted for his Democratic opponent and robbed him of a victory in the national popular vote.

There is no evidence to support the claim, which has been discredited repeatedly by numerous fact-checkers.

Even Donald's closest supporters would like him to drop it.

You know why he can't? It's because of his mental disorder... He literally can't let it go. It's a little snicket in his brain... Narcissistic Personality Disorder.... this is why he HAD to defend his hand size. It's why he is compelled to masturbate his accomplishments to audiences at every chance... numerous times. It's why he can't stop insulting people who challenge him. It's why he can't let go of grudges... and it's why he cannot accept his failure to win the popular vote.

I really hope, for the sake of our country, Trump looks into taking some medication for this. Anti-psychotics might be able to help the more severe aspects of his disorder. There's no guarantee meds will work, but they might help him shake off some of these mental monkeys that normal people can shake off. In fact, Donald taking anti-psychotic medication might even be a national security need.
edit on 24-1-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join