It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1947 Rockefeller Patent Shows Origins Of Zika Virus: And What About Those Genetically

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Troubling yes it is. Too much power again, i say, in the hands of the insane.

1947 Rockefeller Patent Shows Origins Of Zika Virus: And What About Those Genetically Modified Mosquitoes?

As you’ve probably already heard, the World Health Organization (WHO) recently made an announcement declaring the Zika virus to be a global health emergency. They did so without providing much detail about the disease, however, so here is some more information and answers to questions many people are asking, such as: Where did it come from?

And do the millions of genetically modified mosquitoes that have been released in these areas have anything to do with it? First of all, this sexually-transmitted virus has been around for approximately 70 years, and is actually marketed by two companies, but before we get to that, let’s find out who owns the patent on the virus. It’s the Rockefeller Foundation.

Zika is a flavivirus, which is pronounced a bit a like flavor. Flay-v-virus. Most viruses in this family are carried by arthropods — mosquitoes and ticks. We’ve known about Zika virus since at least 1947, when researchers from the Rockefeller Foundation put a rhesus monkey in a cage in the middle of Zika Forest of Uganda. The team was conducting surveillance for yellow fever. But “Rhesus 766” would ultimately become the first known carrier of Zika virus. (It remains unconfirmed if monkeys or other animals are consistent carriers — or reservoirs — for the disease).

Where Do Genetically Modified Mosquitoes Fit Into The Picture? A recent article published by The Antimedia first brought to the world’s attention the fact that millions of of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes had been released in Brazil. This is where Oxitec first unveiled its large-scale, genetically modified mosquito farm in July 2012 with the goal of reducing the incidence of dengue fever.

Oxitec has already released a large number of GM olive flies that were used to kill off wild pests that damage crops. In the Cayman Islands, 3 million GM mosquitoes were released, and in this case over 90 percent of the original natural native mosquito population was suppressed. The same results were also seen in Brazil.

On the other side of the coin, genetically modified mosquitoes are now being proposed as a solution to stop the spread of such viruses. Live science recently published an article alluding to that, as did The Globe and Mail, while other media sources, such as RT news, are reporting that these GM mosquitoes could be linked to the virus.

It is difficult to separate fact from fiction here. The point is, however, that when it comes to GM insects, there are many things to be concerned about, one being, what happens if someone receives a bite from one of these mosquitoes? “Will their GM DNA be injected into your arm or leg? Oxitec has counteracted this objection by stating they only plan to release male mosquitoes, which don’t bite.

This again sounds good in theory… but in reality, sorting millions of insects according to sex is no small feat. And even FKMCD notes that although ‘every effort is made to release only males,’ Oxitec trials show that .03 percent of the mosquitoes released are female.” -Dr. Joseph Mercola (source) If you think about it, with millions of mosquitoes released, we are still talking about thousands of mosquitoes that can bite. Estimates of genetically modified insects that have been released into the environment are between 50-100 million. What about the environmental health impacts report?

And what about the synthetic DNA from the bites? Who is tracking all of this stuff, and how exactly do you track it? Why are we just assuming everything is okay, without any evidence to back it up?

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com... 353

Personally, i feel there is a strong connection here, and yet another attack on Societies in order to make more money, cause more chaos, and control more, lording it over 'the People' who cannot defend themselves and lack the education to question it fully.
edit on 8/4/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

God damn it not another Mercola citation.

That dude was discredited, his license to practice medicine revoked, and he's your typical conspiracy for money prick.

He's one of the many quacks promoting vaccines are the cause of autism.

Why don't people fact check anymore before posting bunk?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Here in case you don't believe me maybe you'll believe a group of real doctors who are tired of his crap:

www.quackwatch.org...

+40 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I added it because it was 'in' this article about The Rockefeller Foundation having rights to this Virus. No need to have a complete Meltdown over it.

I find it problematic they should own something this dangerous. Their track record isn't exactly squeeky clean now is it?

I'm tired of the crap spewing out of peoples mouths that take one line and harp on it endlessly.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
www.alternet.org...

Here's another that covers him and 3 other assholes that lie for money.

Here's another:

scienceblogs.com...

I hope we've learned our lesson today.

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

My goodness you're a big man aren't you, you sure showed me!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Meltdown?

This guy has been hurting real people for 20 years with his nonsense.

He's a huckster and any article based on his opinions is bunk right off the bat.

I get really pissed off at people who spread antiscience and quackery as facts because it has real world consequences that hurt real people.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

My goodness you're a big man aren't you, you sure showed me!

Maybe you should do some actual research on the people you use as sources.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And in light of this,

If you think about it, with millions of mosquitoes released, we are still talking about thousands of mosquitoes that can bite. Estimates of genetically modified insects that have been released into the environment are between 50-100 million. What about the environmental health impacts report?

And what about the synthetic DNA from the bites? Who is tracking all of this stuff, and how exactly do you track it? Why are we just assuming everything is okay, without any evidence to back it up?

The potential exists for these genes, which hop from one place to another, to infect human blood by finding entry through skin lesions or inhaled dust. Such transmission could potentially wreak havoc with the human genome by creating “insertion mutations” and other unpredictable types of DNA damage.

(source)

According to Alfred Handler, a geneticist at the Agriculture Department in Hawaii, mosquitoes can develop resistance to the lethal gene and might then be released inadvertently.

(source)

Todd Shelly, an entomologist for the Agriculture Department in Hawaii, said 3.5 percent of the insects in a laboratory test survived to adulthood, despite presumably carrying the lethal gene.(source)

“The public will be shocked to learn that GM insects can be released into the environment without any proper oversight. Conflicts of interest should be removed from all decision making processes to ensure the public have a proper say about these plans.” – Dr Helen Wallace, Director of GeneWatch UK

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Maybe you should calm down.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I'm going to stand up for sound science and medicine regardless of what you think.

I won't let you or anyone else spread pseudoscience like butter on bread just because it's a conspiracy site.

ATS motto is Deny Ignorance.

In this endeavor you failed miserably and seem to be doubling down on it.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You obviously didnt read the rest.

Zika is a dangerous Virus owned by a dangerous Organization. Mosquitoes have been known to survive this, and are being genetically altered. THIS was the entire premise of my post.

I'll spell it out for you, again.

These people are NOT Mercola, and i didn't add that bit in the News Source did.

Alfred Handler, a geneticist at the Agriculture Department in Hawaii - Not Mercola.

Todd Shelly, an entomologist for the Agriculture Department in Hawaii - Not Mercola.

''The public will be shocked to learn that GM insects can be released into the environment without any proper oversight. Conflicts of interest should be removed from all decision making processes to ensure the public have a proper say about these plans.” – Dr Helen Wallace, Director of GeneWatch UK - Nothing to do with your arch enemy Mercola.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

ATS motto is Deny Ignorance.

Apparently , as I read your posts , for some it should just be "Deny what I want to" . I would not be so readily opposed to an idea the Rockefeller Foundation would be involved in some form . Read up on that time period. Some strange , evil things going on with the RF named in some.

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Maybe you should standup for good manners and politeness. There are ways of getting your opinion across without being condescending & plain rude....something I'm seeing such a lot of on ATS lately. Polite discourse seems to be a thing of the distant past

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Any article that would cite mercola as a source is BS.

edit on 4 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

So exactly what is the patent number...because all patents have numbers?

Also ATCC isn't the patent and is a company you can get the virus from for research...something you probably should have done more of before making this thread.

m.huffpost.com...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Zika is a dangerous Virus owned by a dangerous Organization.
False. That is not a patent on Zika or any other virus. Though you can, purchase a sample from ATCC for research purposes. If you are a research institution.

For those of you who don’t know, ATCC is basically a global clearinghouse for biological samples-they offer tissue culture lines, bacteria, viruses, etc. Researchers need these for a number of reasons, such as having positive controls for assays, or to be sure they’re using the same cells as another investigator whose work they want to replicate or expand upon. I’ve used them many times to get both bacteriophage as well as isolates of bacteria for my research projects. And they won’t ship to just some random person.

source

You obviously didnt read the rest.
Why read nonsense?

edit on 8/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
fine, you win i lose. delete the thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
www.alternet.org...

Here's another that covers him and 3 other assholes that lie for money.

Here's another:

scienceblogs.com...

I hope we've learned our lesson today.

I mean no disrespect , but: (I really did read the links you provided for information, I know little of the person we are speaking of)
Wow. I hope you dont actually discount someone based on the 2 links you just just led me to....
Got some better ones ? One looks like a traveling medicine show from the 1800s and the other written by pseudonym Orac ?

So far , I have learned little

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join