It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing in central London, one dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And we trust the police, why?

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The current line from Scotland Yard is that this man committed his crimes as the result of his mental health.

To then ignore this and try to infer that his actual motivation was some kind of religious extremism only highlights your own prejudice against the Islamic faith. Your prejudice is so strong you deny that mental health the biggest factor contributing to this horrible attack even though that is currently the prime line of police investigation.

This kind of prejudicial thinking breeds ignorance.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
Are conditions in Somalia so bad that most of the men coming from there are mentally unstable? There are many cases in Sweden of Somalian "refugees" who have done gruesome killings. One immigrant stabs to death a 7 year old daughter of his host family. Mental health was blamed too in this case, and in another one a "15 year" old Somalian boy stabs a social worker to death in asylum center. It's all so sad, like what happened in London last night.

This ties into the cultures where people come from.

Somalia is a very rough and dangerous place. Knives as weapons are common place there. When you import young men from that environment, they're going to bring some of that to their new home.

And that's how a country slowly turns into the hell holes which its new immigrants came from.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What's ignorant is pretending a mental health issue negates the Islamic issue.

There's many mentally ill people who don't go stab up strangers. But give them an avenue to do so thru corrupted religion....

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The current line from Scotland Yard is that this man committed his crimes as the result of his mental health.

To then ignore this and try to infer that his actual motivation was some kind of religious extremism only highlights your own prejudice against the Islamic faith.

I think that the issue of mental health can not be ignored, in all its aspects, so how about we give consideration to the enabling of violence by Islamic extremism in the mentally ill portion of the followers of Islam?

Why should Islam, which for many of its followers is literally the way of life you simply must follow, and as a result Jihad and the killing of infidels, be ignored as a real concern?

I make no bones about the fact that I believe Islam to be incompatible with the way of life we in the west aspire to.

I also believe in human rights, and fair treatment for all. But ignoring something based on semantics i.e.: He was mentally ill therefore Islam has nothing to do with it is missing an important point I feel.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

What's ignorant is pretending a mental health issue negates the Islamic issue.

There's many mentally ill people who don't go stab up strangers. But give them an avenue to do so thru corrupted religion....

Let's leave the 'ignorant' to one side and wait for more information.

A lot of mentally ill people do stab strangers.

I once assisted in the arrest and sectioning of a white male Christian who'd assaulted a dozen men and women at a bar. It'd be unreasonable to tar all Christians with the same brush based on that.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Well I really need to take lessons in how to get a point across, I wrote paragraphs, you wrote a couple of sentences, and you are far more clear about it than me.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

He went out with a knife in his pocket, therefore he intended to stab someone with it.

And he most probably thought if he commits a crime in London, he'll get to stay in London or at least England.

Lets not forget that another Somalian went beserk for religious reasons at Walthamstow tube station last year!
edit on CDTThu, 04 Aug 2016 17:06:33 -05000000003105x133x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Gin
Are conditions in Somalia so bad that most of the men coming from there are mentally unstable? There are many cases in Sweden of Somalian "refugees" who have done gruesome killings. One immigrant stabs to death a 7 year old daughter of his host family. Mental health was blamed too in this case, and in another one a "15 year" old Somalian boy stabs a social worker to death in asylum center. It's all so sad, like what happened in London last night.

This ties into the cultures where people come from.

Somalia is a very rough and dangerous place. Knives as weapons are common place there. When you import young men from that environment, they're going to bring some of that to their new home.

And that's how a country slowly turns into the hell holes which its new immigrants came from.

This is about spot on, if you do not live in a area with high levels of Somalians then people will have no idea. The gang violence in London with young Somalia men is riff esp around the Shepards Bush area. And sorry but yes you do need to look at what role the Islamic faith is playing, why is it that one of the highest levels of conversions over to Islam within the UK is happening within the prison population?.

Islam is not a nice religion, as I a have stated a number of times I am currently in the Philippines the only "no go" area in the whole country is in the south a place called Mindanao, what is the religion of this region do you think, yep Islamic. It is the area where the Canadian expat was beheaded and also where the special forces where ambushed and killed. It is a total no go for any westerner as the chances of kidnap or execution are very high.

There is just no way that you cannot link the current hate in the world that is coming from certain people of the Islamic faith and what we are seeing daily now. No other religion has what many believe is confusion about its teachings, why is it one person sees it as a excuse to murder but another is saying "no its a religion of peace".. No Buddhism is a peaceful religion, Islam is not..

On a personal mote I am a atheist and I really do not care what people believe but you cannot say it is Islamophobia when you have witnessed what is going and you are simply stating a observation.

RA

edit on 4-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think it's interesting this happened on the same day....

www.independent.co.uk...

Call me 'cynical bill' n' all that.....

Just putting it out there to scare.......

MR

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join