It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing in central London, one dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
originally posted by: Gin

Murdered woman was US citizen

The Metropolitan police assistant commissioner, Mark Rowley, is speaking outside Scotland Yard.

He says the murdered woman was from the US and the injured are British, American, Australian and Israeli.

Either way, ISIS will be over joyed with this guys selection of victims.

Islamic State call dibs on absolutely anything to stay relevant.

Some asshole broke my brake light last week and IS probably tweeted how they did it lol.

"We broke the infidel's brake lights in the kafir Tesco car park. Praise Allah!!"

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Keep in mind Russell Square is right by Tavistock Institute, which had a ring side seat for the final bus bombing in London on 7/7.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I know, they`re so backward they`ll own up for other peoples farts.

I get that, but they also have a lot of peoples support for what they are doing around the globe.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

It's really hard to put a figure of how much global support they have. Regardless of opinions on Islam, isn't it true that the vast majority of humans are disgusted and horrified by murder and torture?

That's what reassures me that IS have a minuscule level of global support from ordinary folk.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Looks like no has The Sun link yet.

Some graphic photos in there and some stuff from the arrest.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
originally posted by: Kandinsky

It's really hard to put a figure of how much global support they have. Regardless of opinions on Islam, isn't it true that the vast majority of humans are disgusted and horrified by murder and torture?

I would think decent people would be horrified, yes.

But when those who have studied Islamic extremism they have roughly calculated that up to 300,000,000 have or follow the extreme beliefs.

Here is one of only Islamic countries and even though the % is low in most it adds to quite a lot. Now this is also only showing the support for "ISIS" not the extremes of Islam taught from Mohamad and by his example to be followed by Muslims, nor is it including all Muslims from all around the globe...
metrocosm.com...

From those % in my mind it would be safe to say 5-10 in every 100 Muslims support ISIS, I don`t think it would differ in our own western countries which would amount to a lot, out of 1.6 billion.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Just the other day I was thinking about whether to carry a knife for my own protection. I would carry a gun if they were legal over here... I think they should be but only for responsible people who are only carrying for protection and will only use it if confronted and in a dangerous situation.

You never know when some gang or terrorist or just lunatic is going to strike!

knifes are also illegal.

Actually there is pretty much no weapon that you can carry in the UK for personal protection. The best thing to do is to take up martial arts, that is the closes thing you can do to carrying some kind of personal protection in the UK.

Yes.. I know 'knives' are illegal but I'd rather have a knife to protect myself from a knife attack just as I'd rather have a gun to protect myself from gun attack!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

That's what reassures me that IS have a minuscule level of global support from ordinary folk.

I actually think they have far more support esp from "moderate Muslims" than is being let on. Similar to how many people in the UK will say behind doors they hate immigration but would not dare say it in public. I just do not see enough people from the Muslim faith calling them out on this and since it affects them all in the long run you would think it would be closed down ASAP. Where I live in East London it is a area that has been made more or less Islamic, Walthamstow Market could be Islamabad I kid you not and in the last decade I have noticed a marked increase in radical thinking among the local Muslim population.

RA

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It's an interesting link. I'll have a good look at it later on.

I notice the Pew report citing 'almost universal hatred for ISIS' and the other one calculating "between 63 million and 287 million ISIS supporters in just 11 countries.” Either end of that estimate is concerning.

I blame the parents

There's a likely correlation with levels of literacy and education in those countries. At first glance, there are a handful I already know to be borderline illiterate.

It'd be worth looking at the questions too. If they were asked a yes/no we wouldn't know the levels of commitment to the idea. It's easy to say 'yes' as a gesture against the US when the conviction is actually non-existent. Do you see where I'm coming from there? There's a difference between wanting to hack up children and taking the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' stance.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well, either way the concept is sound.

There are the ones who are willing to act out on their radical beliefs, the ones who silently support that first group and will quietly aid and abet, an apathetic group, and a group that will actively work against at least the first group if not the second too.

The real trick is figuring out how to combat those first two groups working in tandem to create the problem we have and how large they really are and who they are.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, it's worthwhile measuring the threat level. We've seen members on ATS wishing for death squads, wholesale bombings, nukes and domestic intern camps. Those views exist beyond this site too; I'm sure we can agree on that.

Personally, I don't begin to categorise such member views as posing a threat to anyone in the Middle East or to any Muslim neighbours. It's mostly rhetoric; sincere rhetoric perhaps, but certainly no cause for alarm bells.

That's a sort of measure I apply to the stats of supporters of Islamic State. Does that make sense? It's not so much that I disbelieve the figures, it's that I'd expect most of those 'supporters' to be about as dangerous as our own emphatically anti-Islam members are.

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Are conditions in Somalia so bad that most of the men coming from there are mentally unstable? There are many cases in Sweden of Somalian "refugees" who have done gruesome killings. One immigrant stabs to death a 7 year old daughter of his host family. Mental health was blamed too in this case, and in another one a "15 year" old Somalian boy stabs a social worker to death in asylum center. It's all so sad, like what happened in London last night.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: Kester

What about the three seen bailing from the scene?

Might be something else entirely.

Could of been drug dealers or someone else up to no good that didnt want any imperial entanglements at that time.

Or... Maybe...

They saw a maniac stabbing people and decided to hot tail it away.

Not everyone is balls of steel.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Isn't it just so indicative of the Islamophobia that is rampant on ATS that a thread about a man driven by mental health issues stabbing a group of people in London turns into a discussion about the role of Islam in terrorism?

So far ISIS and religion have nothing to do about this, should the discussion not be about the state of community mental health support? or the suitability of those with violent tendency's underpinned by a mental health issue being integrated into our communities?

This really piss's me off, its why i post less and less on ATS; how simplified the discussion has become, how while the level of intellect displayed in threads plummets the level of hate driven ignorance sky rockets. This is a perfect example, this thread should be about a individual with mental health issues going on a rampage yet the focus so far seems to be about religion.

I am not having a go at any individuals, just making a observation.
edit on 4-8-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well said, that (the above image) is what ATS has become.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A Somali Muslim immigrant stabbed an American woman to death in London, yesterday.
Authorities are calling it a "mental health" issue, as they always do in such cases... "mental health", "workplace violence", yadda yadda yadda.

Let's just cut through all the double-speak: ISLAM is a "mental health issue" which leads to violent assaults on the street, and in the workplace.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Funny you should mention it,beware of the invasion of big pharma from the US and CONTRACT augmentation by foreign companies replacing police.
I am the suspicious type.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Isn't it just so indicative of the Islamist terror denial that is rampant on ATS that a thread about a terrorist driven by Islam stabbing a group of people in London turns into a discussion about "islamophobia""?

edit on 4-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

But its been confirmed already that the police are currently treating the main reason behind the attacks as being this man poor mental health.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Confirmed?"

You mean like how the Nice terrorist was "confirmed" to be "mentally ill" and "confimed" to not be a "real muslim" and a "lone wolf" so the atrack was "not considered a muslim terror attack by officials" until weeks later it was quietly confirmed that he conspired with fellow muslim terrorists and had purposefully led a double life to avoid detection.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join