It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing in central London, one dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: Kester

What about the three seen bailing from the scene?

Might be something else entirely.

Could of been drug dealers or someone else up to no good that didnt want any imperial entanglements at that time.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I completely agree. It seems that terrorism is the new buzz word for every violent attack in the UK.

People have been getting stabbed in Britain (and everywhere else for that matter) for as long as there were people with pointy objects who didn't like each other.

What qualifies as a terrorist attack these days?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
originally posted by: Azureblue

However, as I say one would have to be an idiot to fall into this line of thinking every time something happens. Do they not realise they are being manipulated?

Do they not ask "why is nothing ever just A criminal attack anymore? Why is that whenever since 911 does everything that happens have a to a suspected tero cause to it????

I don`t think these people even exist that you think exist. Really? everything is a terrorist attack?

There are those on this forum who jump up down and scream at us that " not everything is a conspiracy you know"

When the media either downplays attacks or attempts to spin a terrorist attack is not and just the usual mental problems etc, I think that is a conspiracy.

Well, lets just sit back and see if these same poeple inundate this thread and scream "not everything is a terrorist attack you know'

Why would they have to, as not everyone is stupid as you think in thinking everything's a terrorist attack.

But let us not forget what their false prophet, Muslims perfect man who they are to emulate, slaughtered up to 800 Jewish people who took him in as a refugee in ONE day, married a 6 year old at 54, stole and raided peoples lands and caravans, tortured people, raped and kept sex slaves and was made victorious through terror, he couldn`t do it peacefully because people thought him a loon to begin with and they were right, people would have to be looney to follow that and yet they do.

Now this recent multiple stabbing in the centre of London could have been done by a nut job or it could have been done by a nut job Muslim carrying out the very calls by ISIS.

But like the Orlando killings, he gave allegence to ISIS his dad had links with the Taliban and yet so much of the media were saying he just had mental problems, again.

People have to use their own brains and if it walks and talks like a duck etc is where I think your frustration is coming from.
edit on 4-8-2016 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So no name,ethnicity, and possible mental illness? Seems to be the go to description recently, so they can buy some time for spin.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

An eye witness says, "dark skinned".

Probably a rabid indigenous Brexiter who fell asleep under a sun lamp.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I think I've stayed at a hostel near Russell Square because we were watching a gig nearby in Camden. If so, it's a multicultural area with tourists passing through. I'm having a flashback to meeting one of those legendary racist London cabbies. Bald head and banging on about 'darkies' and 'send 'em back to Africa.'

A witness has said, "dark skinned man" which could apply to pretty much anyone around there. The Police are saying "mental health issues" and another witness said the arrested male was "screaming for 30-40 minutes." Anyone screaming for that long is gonna be crazy on some level.

Given the area, 'middle East looking' can apply to people who've lived there for generations. I'm half-expecting it to be part of the local crime scene down there because it's fairly normal for under-24s to carry knives if they're in the scene. We'll see soon enough and probably within the next hour or two.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Lets wait until we find out the religious affiliation of this person.
He's dark skinned and has mental health problems. That is already two pieces of information that match all recent attacks.

If he is a devout christian, I have to say that he is definitively mentally ill, as no christian organisation is asking for anything like this to be done in their name, nor are christians killing people all over the world at the moment. Therefore mental health would be the only reason.

If he is a muslim, then looking at the amount of mentally ill muslims who go out and kill must be addressed.
Are there more mentally ill muslims? Why is mental illness in muslims deadly? Why do mentally ill muslims always affiliate themselves with a known terror group who asked anyone, anywhere to cause terror?

I am mentally ill. However I am not any danger to anyone, but then again I am not a muslim. If I was, my mental illness would mysteriously get 100x worse and I would go out with a machete killing people in the name of islam.

IF! IF, mentally ill muslims become dangerous significantly more often than other mentally ill people, so much so that hundreds of people die at their hands, then we NEED to deal with this problem. Heck, islam has to deal with this problem. The NHS has to deal with this problem. The WHO [world health organisation] has to deal with this.
Because statistically, menatlly ill muslims who kill people are significantly more common than others, and show a definite trend.

Alternatively it could just be that some muslims just like isis and/or fundamental religion and are prepared to kill for their beliefs, which they hold higher than their own lives.

Address the mental illness issues [in muslims], the loneliness [in muslim lone wolves] or the common denominator [islam] but do something.
edit on 4-8-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Is it EVEN LEGAL to fight back?

Law in the UK states you can use appropriate force, the other wording within use of force is if you had a honestly held belief. That is you cannot hit someone with a brick if they are just collecting the milk. But if they are in your home at 2am uninvited you have the right to use force but our current legal system is so poor that if you was to use force and kill a intruder or even dare I say you stabbed this moron in Russell Square and killed him you would no doubt face jail time or at best a criminal record at years of inquiry. This is due to a liberal leftest approach that has taken control from the law abiding citizen and placed far to much with the hands of the criminal. That along with CPS that just loves a easy conviction you really would not know what the outcome could be if you was to intervene.

Also have you seen the new Police that are rolling out onto UK streets, what is this Call of bloody duty, the odds of these clowns being at the right place at the right time is slim to none.. Looks like Orwellian Britain has arrived

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I wonder who is funding all this? I have a good idea who should fund it..

I lived through constant IRA bombings growing up and never witnessed anything like this and I was in bomb scare almost weekly back then.

RA

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
People really think Saddick Khan cut his holiday short to return to London for a "run of the mill stabbing in a rough part of town?"

People actually believe the police substantially increasing their presence and gearing up in full body armour is in response to an isolated incident of some crazy Londoner stabbing random people and then screaming for a while?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just the other day I was thinking about whether to carry a knife for my own protection. I would carry a gun if they were legal over here... I think they should be but only for responsible people who are only carrying for protection and will only use it if confronted and in a dangerous situation.

You never know when some gang or terrorist or just lunatic is going to strike!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: hiddenNZ

A witness has said, "dark skinned man" which could apply to pretty much anyone around there. The Police are saying "mental health issues" and another witness said the arrested male was "screaming for 30-40 minutes."

I concur with this statement but the fact he is not being named is screaming cover up at the moment, Also that section of London will have copious amounts of officers in patrol both armed lethal and non lethal and unarmed beat bobbies. I would be asking serious questions how he could have been screaming for that amount of time if it was post incident as response would have been within minutes. You also have the Red X5's of the armed city of London Police that pass through that location, and with full CCTV covered going back to the Main control center they would have all relevant information at the situation.

RA

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
People really think Saddick Khan cut his holiday short to return to London for a "run of the mill stabbing in a rough part of town?"

People actually believe the police substantially increasing their presence and gearing up in full body armour is in response to an isolated incident of some crazy Londoner stabbing random people and then screaming for a while?

I read the report the other day about armed police presence on the streets... that there will be more and they will be wearing all kinds of gear and using Motorbikes to get around. I thought, there must be an imminent attack around the corner that the intel know about but can't find the people yet or know who they are... I've had a feeling that something is due in London.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I dont know.

Think the aim to take the pressure off the SBS and SAS.

They have been doing that role for decades.

In effect we have had police dutys put into the hands of the military.

This instead transfers that job from the military to civilian control which in some way is a positive step.
edit on 4-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The screaming was post-taser. He sounded like a good case for sectioning.

It might explain why the name hasn't been released too. Irrc he won't be able to be charged or quizzed whilst in an incoherent state. He can be arrested, but I think the naming has to follow some level of intelligent communication.

Just ideas....

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Ellie Cattle, 21, who is staying in a hotel on Bedford Place, off Russell Square, told the Press Association she heard police shouting: “Put it down, put it down.”

"I looked out of my window because I heard sirens. I could see police - three police vans - coming down the road, and all I heard was them shouting ‘Put it down, put it down’.

They sounded urgent for him to put it down. Then I heard what sounded like a gunshot, but it must have been the Taser. After that they just stopped shouting. I didn’t hear any screams from anyone".

Ellie could hear what must have been the Taser and heard NO screaming from the perpetrator.

A woman who witnessed the aftermath of the Russell Square stabbings has told the BBC how she saw a man running away from police, carrying a knife with blood on his hands.
Jodie Parry was in her hotel room when she heard a commotion.

"As he was running down the street he was turning to see if the police were coming close. I could hear the policeman screaming ‘stop, don’t move, don’t go any further, just stay where you are’ and he turned around and continued running. He just wasn’t prepared to stop ...He was actually carrying a knife in his hand and he had blood on his hands."

Parry said the attacker was out of her sight when he was restrained by police.

"They had actually gone out of my vision at that point, but I did hear the Taser, and at that point I just heard a little scream and then it kind of went silent."
www.theguardian.com...

Jodie also heard the Taser and then went silent.

Conflicting reports of screaming lunatic angle, maybe it was either the victims or their friends or those seeing all the carnage that could account for screaming heard?

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Suspect was Norwegian national

A Somalian man with Norwegian citizenship.

Rowley says the suspect was a Norwegian national of Somali origin. There is no evidence he was radicalised.

At this point we believe this is a spontaneous attack and the victims were selected at random.

Police believe it was as a result of mental health problems, based on interviews with the suspect and his family.

And details about the victims.

Murdered woman was US citizen

The Metropolitan police assistant commissioner, Mark Rowley, is speaking outside Scotland Yard.

He says the murdered woman was from the US and the injured are British, American, Australian and Israeli.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Just the other day I was thinking about whether to carry a knife for my own protection. I would carry a gun if they were legal over here... I think they should be but only for responsible people who are only carrying for protection and will only use it if confronted and in a dangerous situation.

You never know when some gang or terrorist or just lunatic is going to strike!

knifes are also illegal.

Actually there is pretty much no weapon that you can carry in the UK for personal protection. The best thing to do is to take up martial arts, that is the closes thing you can do to carrying some kind of personal protection in the UK.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The BBC has posted this:

A 19-year-old Norwegian national of Somali origin has been arrested but police said there was no evidence of radicalisation.

The Met Police are saying mental illness.

Both of these points suggest the arrested person is communicating.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Knives are only illegal if you don't have a reason to carry one.
Protection is not a valid reason but I have been stopped with a very large machete and once they knew it had a purpose they let me jog on.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
originally posted by: Gin

Murdered woman was US citizen

The Metropolitan police assistant commissioner, Mark Rowley, is speaking outside Scotland Yard.

He says the murdered woman was from the US and the injured are British, American, Australian and Israeli.

Either way, ISIS will be over joyed with this guys selection of victims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join