It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: UnBreakable
But that person would have absolutely no chance, especially from those that already supported Trump.

Well, if he drops out, as the premise of your Original Post suggests, they would have to support the replacement or suffer a certain Clinton victory.

Believe me, if the option would be God forbid, Ted Cruz, he is actually more disliked more than Trump. That would be a certain Clinton victory.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

He could market this past year as the greatest reality show ever.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's a legit angle and a real possibility. Especially how much the Clinton camp and the DNC wants to deflect from the collusion/corruption/election-stealing meme.

However, multiple media outlets are also reporting today that their sources inside the Trump campaign say it's in disarray and people are abandoning ship. One big GOP donor has already flipped.

Furthermore, sources at the RNC are reporting big, game-changing fallout from Trump not supporting Paul Ryan, the damn GOP speaker of the house, who should be a President Trump's biggest ally for moving his agenda through Congress. That's just simply insane.

So, the stories all mesh - which points to legitimacy.
edit on 3-8-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Believe me, if the option would be God forbid, Ted Cruz, he is actually more disliked more than Trump. That would be a certain Clinton victory.

I am sure they would try to strategize and find the most appealing candidate.

While I am not a Republican I think if they had run a refrigerator box against Clinton instead of Trump the box would be up by 10% owing to her overall loathsomeness and unlikability.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Really? He's their candidate for president. If they didn't want him he wouldn't be there.

But go head on, HillaryHillaryHillary.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Might be the best thing that happens for the American people, so much information has come out hinting at collusion between the big wigs in DC, this would certainly drive the actual moderates into the arms of some third party... and probably lead to the death of 1 of the big 2, and probably cripple the other.

Neither party has a majority of the registered voters, they should be more careful with letting their dirty laundry become public.
edit on 3-8-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

Trump has refused to endorse Paul Ryan the highest ranking GOP member . That's the very definition of division.
No one needs to make up a thing. The truth is playing out on the world stage and tv sets across the globe. Jesus who needs fiction. We have reality.

Yeah he hasn't endorsed him, lol!!

Payback's a bitch.

Trump is "just not there yet" lol!

Those were Ryan's words when it came to HIM endorsing Trump.

I think it's funny and he can do what he wants, as everyone can see. Trump doesn't think Ryan is a strong leader.

Trump says McCain has done a terrible job for the vets. So no endorsement for him.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Probably been filming/documenting the whole time.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No, the GOP can not force him out, this will cause a completely breakdown of the GOP and an absolute win to Hillary, is not going to happen.

But, but, if Trump step out voluntarily (this far in the election is not going to happen, he is in and no way out), then people will be more willing to switch.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Let's face it. They handed the presidency to Hillary Clinton the moment they nominated Trump.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Wait it's possible for the GOP to make running as the GOP nominee so unbarable for Donald that he would be willing to admit he made a mistake and drop out? Am I reading this right? Oh wait. No. Nevermind, this OP is being structured to already allay that blame. The Donald doesn't quit because he realized he was in over his head, nope it's the GOP's fault for making him too miserable to run. Lol.

Well whatever happens there, I'm game. Let him drop out!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

On that I will rather wait to election day to make a opinion, things are a bit more complicated with trump that Hillary may want to admit.

edit on 3-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wait it's possible for the GOP to make running as the GOP nominee so unbarable for Donald that he would be willing to admit he made a mistake and drop out? Am I reading this right? Oh wait. No. Nevermind, this OP is being structured to already allay that blame. The Donald doesn't quit because he realized he was in over his head, nope it's the GOP's fault for making him too miserable to run. Lol.

Well whatever happens there, I'm game. Let him drop out!

Donald has never admitted to making a mistake in his entire life. He's not about to now. Drop out? No he won't. His ego won't allow that.
However it's not necessary. He can't win. He's so far out of his league against Hillary .
I say bring on the debates. Fun fun fun.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, good. Promote rumors of division in the GOP, even if there is none.

What? Have you watched ANY of the news the past week???? No division in the GOP?????

Meg Whitman: I will vote for, and donate to, Hillary Clinton
www.cnn.com...

Trump isn't backing Paul Ryan, John McCain
www.cnn.com...

Ex-top Christie aide backs Clinton over Trump
www.cnn.com...

GOP congressman crosses party, will vote for Hillary Clinton
www.msnbc.com...

Gingrich blasts Trump's 'very self-destructive' behavior
www.politico.com...

Trump acolytes campaign to defeat Ryan
www.politico.com...

link   

I know. I'm just being facetious here because of the ridiculous premise in the OP.

link   
This is confirming my theory that Trump only ran to put Clinton in.
I think he's trying to throw the election toward her, and at the same time get brand name recognition. Except now his name has been tarnished, so he's fighting back. Unfortunately fighting back makes him look crazy.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is already a term for what Trump will experience when he realizes he can't win and destroyed the GOP....

"Derp Spiral"

I have dibs on the T shirt franchise....

I too think Trump pulled off the ultimate Machiavellian gambit in US history. He played his supporters for chumps and they didn't even see it coming.
edit on 3-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What? Have you watched ANY of the news the past week???? No division in the GOP?????

Oh please, Clinton is supported by the oligarchs who also own the media.

Trump comes out all the time accusing them of lying about him. Don't hear much about that. Just this from people like you.

"Don't you watch the news????"

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Of course the Left would abhor this nuclear option by the GOP or even Trump himself - because it represents an existential threat to the Clinton Campaign itself.

If Trump falls on his own sword - exactly what are his supporters going to do? Vote for Hillary? Um, no. They will vote for anyone but her. So will a chunk of independents. So will some Bernie supporters, who hate what happened with the DNC.

This is definitely worst case scenario for Clinton because it creates an anti-Hillary voter bloc of otherwise disparate interests whereas, right now, there is more of an anti-Trump voter bloc.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Who cares about her? If Trump leaves the race and the GOP actually fields a sane candidate, then I'll vote for him. But they have to field a sane candidate first. I didn't see much hope out of the contenders running in the primaries though. Maybe Kaisch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join