It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Heard this morning. This just isn't sitting right with me. I wonder if it's getting to the point where the GOP will just force him out. It says he would to leave voluntarily, but he might do just that if they make too unbearable for him to stay. If they can declare a new candidate, can he run as a third party? Or is it too late? What would happen to those voters and delegates who already voted for him as a GOP nominee?

ABC News has learned that senior party officials are so frustrated -- and confused by Donald Trump's erratic behavior -- that they are exploring how to replace him on the ballot if he were to drop out.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
As for the GOP, I wonder if this is how dictators feel when they know they are about to be deposed and are running to the nearest airplane?
As for the DNC., what does it matter anyway?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
What would happen to those voters and delegates who already voted for him as a GOP nominee?

They are a private organization. They can just hold a rules committee meeting, change the rules and hold a new nomination for whomever they want.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yah, good. Promote rumors of division in the GOP, even if there is none.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What would happen to those voters and delegates who already voted for him as a GOP nominee?

They are a private organization. They can just hold a rules committee meeting, change the rules and hold a new nomination for whomever they want.

So if they go that route, they'll finish destroying the GOP as we know it. It's already unrecognizable.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Honestly, I don't care who the GOP candidate is. That isn't the point.

As it stands now, I'm voting for Donald and I think he'd make a very good chief executive for the nation. Chief executive is what he does, and he'd bring along excellent people (at least as compared to the people Obama brought - and Hillary would bring).

Whatever happens, I will crawl across broken glass to vote against Hillary. Period.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So if they go that route, they'll finish destroying the GOP as we know it. It's already unrecognizable.

Going by the premise of your Original Post they would have to do something if he drops out. They cannot exactly run an empty ticket and expect people to vote it, can they?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow

Honestly, I don't care who the GOP candidate is. That isn't the point.

As it stands now, I'm voting for Donald and I think he'd make a very good chief executive for the nation. Chief executive is what he does, and he'd bring along excellent people (at least as compared to the people Obama brought - and Hillary would bring).

Whatever happens, I will crawl across broken glass to vote against Hillary. Period.

That's my point. At this point, if forced out, would Trump even be on any state ballots as a candidate in another party?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That's my point. At this point, if forced out, would Trump even be on any state ballots as a candidate in another party?

No, the filing periods are over, he would have to be a write in.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out

They wish......
Whassername Schultz and Prickus one and the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Going by the premise of your Original Post they would have to do something if he drops out. They cannot exactly run an empty ticket and expect people to vote it, can they?

No, of course not. But that person would have absolutely no chance, especially from those that already supported Trump. At least Trump has a shot, although bleak, of beating Hillary.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think it's going to happen.

I think the Deep State will use black mail if Trump doesn't collapse in on himself, which is very, very likely, given his Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

They will peddle the idea of a health crisis to sell it. Only something sympathetic will get his supporters to let go of a Trump Presidency, because it's all one big cult of personality.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yep, I assume once trump starts polling double digits behind Hillary, his campaign will further implode and all manner of people will start flocking to another person.

We've had one GOP congressman who states he's voting for Hillary so far. More are certainly to follow if Trump doesn't drastically change course.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No, the filing periods are over, he would have to be a write in.

I could be mistaken but I believe a handful of states require paperwork to run as a write-in candidate. And I believe the deadlines are closing in fast to do that.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

But that person would have absolutely no chance, especially from those that already supported Trump.

Well, if he drops out, as the premise of your Original Post suggests, they would have to support the replacement or suffer a certain Clinton victory.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I could be mistaken but I believe a handful of states require paperwork to run as a write-in candidate. And I believe the deadlines are closing in fast to do that.

That is accurate for many states.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just to add, people should not be shocked at all, even Trump himself has publicly said the he always wanted to run for - but not necessarily actually BE - the President. And, from a pure greed perspective, look at the potential wealth he would have access to if he essentially cuts a deal to drop out. The backroom deals, the fluff business contracts. And we all know that's what it's really about for Trump. Wealth and power. He's not so much in to the constraints of office.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
They are friggin dreaming.

Besides, ABC News?

Don't believe it for a second.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The ABC story is an excellent Clinton Campaign tactic.

Start rumors from inside "sources" and you get a wild frenzy.

I bet the DNC is more worried about Hillary not making it to election day.

This is a good example of big MSM campaigning for a candidate.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Trump has refused to endorse Paul Ryan the highest ranking GOP member . That's the very definition of division.
No one needs to make up a thing. The truth is playing out on the world stage and tv sets across the globe. Jesus who needs fiction. We have reality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join