It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Liberals Pretend That White Males Specifically Do Not Have a History of Slavery?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Nicely stated

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
People tend to forget that MOST white people who came to America did so as INDETURED SERVANTS....WHICH MEANS....THEY WERE SLAVES

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Well they have been the oppressor for this countries past 200plus years, so own it.

Just as soon as black people own their involvement in US gang activity, asians own their part in the the spread of triad gangs throughout the world, and arabs own their contribution to the spread of terrorism throughout the world.

Why should white people own something their ancestors did? Why don't non-whites have this same standard placed on them?

edit on 3/8/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Is no one is versed in their history? I don't blame you the white male is slowly down playing his role of the systemic oppression of not one but a multitued of ethnic race, not to mention the all but complete annihilation of another.

Im not one to dwell on the past. So lets just focus on the most recent.

Slavery was abolished in 1865 awesome...
It took a whole 100 years for jim crow oppression to come undone.

Yes, 1965 jim crow was abolished. The year my mother was born.

The meat of this Generation's parents have just come unpressed. Yet america would have you believe everyone is on an equal field.

Laughable, if it weren't so pituful this cultivation of evil people.

Stop crying about slavery.. we were only mean to your grandparents and parents. We only discriminate sometimes now, we have to have uniforms to kill now.

Look at us we are so PC.

OP... please harakiri that way you may perish with dignity.

White male and oppression don't go in the same sentence let alone the same paragraph, thesis or thought process for that matter.

OP fox news would love you, thats the nicest thing I can say to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: aethertek
Well they have been the oppressor for this countries past 200plus years, so own it.

Just as soon as black people own their involvement in US gang activity, asians own their part in the the spread of triad gangs throughout the world, and arabs own their contribution to the spread of terrorism throughout the world.

Why should white people own something their ancestors did? Why don't non-whites have this same standard placed on them?

I guess it is hard to call yourself a gang when you run a country... I guess then you just call it a government.

I guess when you stop killing people and just starve them in ghettos then start locking them up for life its just the nautral order of the black beasts. Those black people, such savages.

FOOH.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

No, in the earliest days in the north American continent, all were indentured.

In 1619 the first black Africans came to Virginia. With no slave laws in place, they were initially treated as indentured servants, and given the same opportunities for freedom dues as whites. However, slave laws were soon passed – in Massachusetts in 1641 and Virginia in 1661 –and any small freedoms that might have existed for blacks were taken away.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

How come so mad Giggles?

People don't behave like you want them to?

Nobody knows what's really important anymore...

We're tired of your childish tantrums, your emotional outbursts and your continued buffoonery.

:-)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul
I just hit reply...not personal.

Since I am an old white dude who is only a second gen American, my thoughts are not necessarily those of the PROGRESSIVES OR REGRESSIVES.
Slavery has been the bondage of our defeated foes, the acquisition of the formerly free through their own people and plain kidnapping. Maintaining their open incarceration was performed by their masters with the permission of governments, neighbors and the rules of commerce.
It was the right of kings and their principles to have serfs bound to the land and their offspring forced to stay on that land. "Primo nocturne", licensed the lord of the Manor to have sex with your bride. The Russians were slaves until the Czar decided they weren't in the 1860's. He counseled Lincoln about this.
The only thing you seem to avoid saying, IT WAS NOT THE CHOICE OF THE POPULACE. They may have been reared to accept it as the 'order of things' but they failed to act in their own interest.
The Egyptians were notorious, the Jews, the Romans, Greeks, the Mongols, the Watusis all joined in 'the people as property' movement.

The question is why everybody climbed on the bandwagon. Because it was the BEST means to use the tech that drove prosperity for the Elite.
Since the Elite discovered that an internally motivated work force beat an externally driven one, HEY, LOOKIT, freedom is good. This becomes more obvious as things became complicated due to invention.
So now they educate you. Not too much because you could get rowdy but enough to keep THEIR machinery running. If you are really good at something and demonstrate the moxie they most appreciate, psychopathy, you can maybe join the club. Think CEOs, pliable politicians, Investors, Generals, Scientists, Doctors, CPAs and heads of Agencies.

In reading much of this I feel that many are missing the point of slavery and freedom. They are devices not of your own device. When you attack each other, it is the rising sea against your sandcastles. Stop defending your constructs and see who gave them to you and how THEY, THE ELITE, have benefited. And who paid for those benefits.
Dang, stop being stupid about how you are manipulated.
Know your enemy...it's not the other simpletons.

(Not that it matters because they have killed us all. By the end of this century, my G-kids will be looking our over the worldwide SStorm and wondering how we let those @@@@@@@@s destroy a planet for essentially ego driven hedonism.)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

I agree with you, however the elite is another problem in and within itself. One that relies on the fundamental values america has put in place.

The elite have been in monopoly with eachother since the industrial age, if it doesn't benefit them no one benefits.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Stop being so lame.. if you want to be successful as a woman you should reject feminist drivel and embrace true femininity.

These are your friends:

Good job siding with the degenerate scum. Invert everything. I think it would be almost fitting to label you guys as the forces of destruction. Stripping away everything on our cultural and historical canvas to make way for your Orwellian crap. I think some of you guys are starting to wake up to the demonic nature of the left and are going, well.. # it, at least we're going to win now we're gonna gloat as our liberal New World Order crushes everything you know and love. Alas, the road to hell is broad..

A shame that such people can never be saved by the Gnostic teachings of Jesus. They want to be babies, then they'll have to be matrix slaves. Endlessly recycled and controlled. And when you die they'll have soulcatchers waiting up in the sky.. good luck with that cage of yours, you think I'm gonna care when I'm up in the mountains in China doing Taoist alchemy? All liberal babies will die in the coming cataclysms.. being hunted and eaten by chimera monsters.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think some of you guys are starting to wake up to the demonic nature of the left

A shame that such people can never be saved by the Gnostic teachings of Jesus.

Yea there's the crazy.
Oooh liberals are "demonic", stupid BS, this is why there's no having a rational discussion with these people.

A "good" Christian, hmph, no wonder you try to whitewash slavery, your "good" book teaches its practice along with many other vile ideas.

K~

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't need to be an American to attack liberal values when my country is way more leftist than America is, be more hopelessly self-centered as a people.

You moderates do not shape the public narrative, these most extreme liberals shape the public narrative.

a reply to: Astyanax

Is that all you amount to? A cheap worthless drive by.

You're always incapable of logical arguments so I take it this is your modus operandi now. Quick attack, but don't actually mention anything and don't take any stands yourself. Just point out how he is wrong.

Your methods are as pathetic as last time we spoke. Playing worthless games of semantics again I see, someone unfamiliar with the concept of colloquial speech.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Not a Christian either but keep up the deflection.

This isn't about Christians, Christians aren't subverting our whole way of life.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Pfft, Christian or not, you with the liberals are demons silliness & Jesus saves nonsense makes everything else coming out of your keyboard not worth the pixels it's printed on.

You see good lurkers this is why there's no compromising with these people.
They hold crazy ideas like liberals & progressives are "demons".
How can you rationally engage individuals about real world problems when their world view is so skewed by such irrationality?

& people wonder why the world is so screwed up when it's filled with people who can believe such nonsense.
K~

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It is a scapegoat for a failing culture. I have been talking about this until I am blue in the face. Until people start taking personal responsibility for their lives, nothing will get better.

It is easier to blame a boogeyman than it is to take responsibility for yourselves. The political and media establishment love pushing this nonsense, as it keeps a complacent and victimized populous voting for them. They know that if they perpetuate and encourage this narrative along with the narrative of racism in general, that people will be divided and stay on the liberal political plantation. The racial divide is important to the ruling class. They need us hating each other. They need us dependent on the state.

The more they keep us pointing fingers at each other, the less we will point fingers at the real enemies, them.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You're outright blaming Liberals, Feminists, Clinton Supporters and a few other large demographics without any distinction or attention to the fact that you can't just lump all of them together and insist they all think alike.

Really? Why can't he lump them all together? That is exactly what they do to themselves. Look at what happens when a black person supports someone outside of the left. Look at what happens when someone from the LGBT community supports Trump. The left has allowed themselves to be lumped into a single narrative.

And I don't want to hear that nonsense. Look at how the left tries to lump all straight white males into one category of racist oppressors.

So utterly intellectually dishonest.

#NOTALL

Amiright?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, in the earliest days in the north American continent, all were indentured.

Nonsense. Where did those black Africans come from? Did they come over of their own free will? Do you have specimens of their contracts of indenture to prove that the terms were the same as for white servants? Do you think they were the same in practice?

The Atlantic slave trade began in the fifteenth century.

I suggest that you find a more reliable testimony for your absurd claims than an introductory blurb for a TV programme.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Is that all you amount to? A cheap worthless drive by.

It’s all your contributions to ATS are worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join