It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Liberals Pretend That White Males Specifically Do Not Have a History of Slavery?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

but, many have also been the oppressed...
and that's the problem with this crap...
there isn't any experience that is unique to any one race or gender really.
where you had black slaves sold on auction blocks in the south, you also had white women being auctioned off as brides to be in new orleans. most of those living in the us today who can trace their ancestry back to colonial times probably have someone in their family line that came here as slave or indentured servant... which were pretty much the same thing. and for a time, england was clearing out their workhouses by sending kids to the new world. and well, look into how life was in those workhouses... it was probably worse that living in slavery!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

every time some one posts an "oh woe is me I'm a put upon white guy" thread

I thought that was pretty clear, so I think this is more of an issue of you not getting what you mean across in writing.

Well they have been the oppressor for this countries past 200plus years, so own it.

No, I have no slave owners in my immediate family history and neither am I an American so there's no recent slavery to talk of.

Besides, saying that is simply evading what I am saying which is that black Americans haven't been uniquely hit by oppression historically.

I just realised that similarly to how feminism tries to invert our natural biological gender roles this anti-racism is really too just an inversion of racism. It's not the opposite of racism or non-racism, it's an inversion turned in on itself and everything familiar. This is why liberals always defend Muslims but always try to get one over on Christians. This is their main programming, that of deconstructing all of our accrued history and national character. They want clean slates, empty vessels that can be filled with propaganda.

Behaviourism being applied on people is very real. Ask Zbigniew.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So, my ancestor was Pres. Jefferson Davis and my children's other ancestor was Pres. Abraham Lincoln. Just where should my adult children be paying reciprocity to?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

each other??? heck I don't know....the whole thing is kind of stupid.
considering the long history of mankind enslaving mankind in oh so many ways, and the really short amount of time it took us to liberate the masses in most parts of the world, it seems to me that we'd be better served by recognizing this great advancement and celebrating instead of desiring to make others indebted to us which is really just another form of slavery!

but then I am a liberal who believes that the welfare system itself is just another form of slavery, so what can I say.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

The history of the human race is full of oppression of demographics ranging from class to race to religious ideology. It is likely that no demographic has been immune from persecution over recorded history.

However, we are in the age of propaganda and state sanctioned indoctrination institutions designed to dumb down humans so selective memories are all the rage and facts are simply uncomfortable and counter to the propaganda narrative.
-- snip --

We're not really supposed to do one word responses (a rule I absolutely support even if it's often ignored) or I would just say, "Amen!"

Not long ago I found myself in a lengthy back and forth with a 20-something who refused to believe that there was a time when white immigrants in indentured servitude (a rose by any other name...) Far outnumbered the amount of black slaves in the New World. Considering the amount of my family tree that was Irish, it isn't a topic I don't know a bit about. There were many other groups of whites that also got sucked in. The reality vs the promise turned out to be very like a precursor to the pay-day loan industry for many.

One thing that concerns me is the dependence on digital media for publishing. If schools no longer teach even a modicum of History, the only recourse is to self-educate. We are rapidly approaching a time when book burnings will not only be unnecessary but will occur unknown. They'll be accomplished with simple push of a button.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So you want to tell us all about Liberals, Feminists, Americans, Blacks and Whites and American Slavery even though you're not a Liberal, Feminist, Female, Black, a Slaver or Slave, or even an American???

Maybe you should stick to talking about what you actually know rather than thinking you're going to educate anyone on stuff you clearly don't know.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Almost everybody's ancestors have been oppressed in some capacity. Bitching about something that is over is a complete waste of times, meanwhile these people totally hijack the public debate and narrative while globalists continue raping the world and controlling all of us.

Slavers know who their slaves are. White - back, liberal - conservative, just labels. Megacorp still keeps slaves, they don't call them that though, today they are called migrant workers.

Darn it!

I was just getting ready to sign off for the night when I read this. Now I'll be trying to remember who to look for (unless someone beats me to it overnight), but I remember reading that what was for all intents and purposes the first book on human resources was written by either a slave or a freed slave.

Regardless, it was a huge leap forward for the country when everyone became "free" and those who had to live by the fruits of their labor also had to pay for their own housing, food, etc...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

Ha, yah. most slaves after they were 'freed' went right back to work on the plantation.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's the most fallacious argument I've ever heard. Should we start partitioning up areas of research along racial lines too then? If the research is related to specific race or culture it should ever only be practised by the correct specific group?

People can see objectively what is happening from the outside, they can. What you're effectively saying though is that you don't get to have an opinion but I do, sidestepping the need to even have a discussion. Congrats you just invented a bogus way of winning an argument without even making an argument.

You sort of invalidated the whole concept of human research and investigation, all of it. Psychology too. Ha... Let me get this straight for you, these specific groups aren't immune to making mistakes, they make errors of judgement, they are human and flawed. And there's a lot of people that are willing to fool themselves in various manners, you act like there is no such thing as seeing things in a skewed manner? And self-delusion is a thing I promise you that. I can further promise you that no human sees reality in a perfectly objective way.

Telling someone they don't get to have an opinion is not a real argument folks.. remember that I don't want to be hearing this bull# excuse any longer now. It's not an argument I want to hear, it has been debunked.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There's an added bonus for liberal white males, since they are acting as "allies" they get a free pass on the harassment of whites. They may be patronised and treated condescendingly by their minority peers to keep them in line.. they may not be allowed to have opinions but they get to avoid being harassed and called all kinds of sh*t. It's easy giving in to a bully so he will stop hitting you. And at the same time they get to feel like they are fighting for justice, a good feeling, better for someone's phony social image that's where self-righteousness and self-deceit comes in.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Exactly. This is 2016-time to live in the present. I'm responsible for me and you for you-not our ancestors.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm not saying you don't get to have an opinion. But you're making a lot of claims as if they're fact not opinion. You're also just making sweeping generalizations which aren't true. You're outright blaming Liberals, Feminists, Clinton Supporters and a few other large demographics without any distinction or attention to the fact that you can't just lump all of them together and insist they all think alike.

All you're doing is pointing to huge abstract labels you don't like and blaming everything on them. You sound like a person coming unhinged who's about ready to load up a rifle in to the old pickup and climb a clock tower somewhere.

I'm sorry but the world isn't that simple nor are people. So what I'm saying is that perhaps, if you were actually part of one of those groups you seem to dislike so much and purposefully misrepresent, you'd know this.

You're not American but want to tell Americans what it means to be American. Feminists what it's like to be them. Etc. Etc. Well, that's pretty rich since you're not any of those groups yourself. Does that mean you can't know about them, no. Sure you can. But obviously when you speak of them in such simplistic and absolute ways and always in the negative regardless of the reference, I'd say it's safe to conclude that you're just talking out your ass and venting your anger about things you know very little about. Because that is exactly what that sounds like when someone is doing that.

So again, you can have your opinion about whatever you want and I'm not stopping you. But I get to have mine too about the massive BS you're spewing out with the attitude that it's somehow valid information.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

I'll be honest : I don't think you're intelligent enough to understand why most of what you wrote is complete bull#.

My sentiments exactly.

He doesn't even know what a liberal is.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most everyone who came to the New World of N. America in the earliest days came under bonded contracts of indentured servitude, black and white alike.

True.

They served out their terms of service as basically slaves during those years and then were free.

Lies.

Whites had limited terms of indenture and the option of buying themselves out. Slaves had no such option. Not in practice anyway.

Your attempt to equate contractual obligation with chattel slavery in order to justify the unjustifiable is outrageous. But it won't wash, you know, except with others of your feather. To the rest of us it merely provides yet another example of how bigotry and a thwarted sense of privilege rot the mind.

Get well soon.

edit on 3/8/16 by Astyanax because: of privilege.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Another one who doesn't know what a liberal is.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

The problem with your post is whites aren't exactly saying they are specifically oppressed.

& the problem with your post is that mine neither stated nor alluded to that fact.

Blather blather MARXISM blather.

white heterosexual male as the purveyor of all forms of oppression

Well they have been the oppressor for this countries past 200plus years, so own it.

K~

You sure about that?

The first slave owner in America was BLACK and he owned WHITE SLAVES.

Anthony Johnson
The first legal slave owner in America was black and he owned white slaves. Anthony Johnson (BC 1600 – 1670) was an Angolan who achieved freedom in the early 17th century Colony of Virginia. Johnson was captured in his native Angola by an enemy tribe and sold to Arab (Muslim) slave traders.

Anthony Johnson

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

He was not a slave but a temporarily indentured servant and so were his workers.

Another victim of the mind-rot I see.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Using your little memes just shows how intellectually dishonest you are. Everyone knows you can just change the target and it still works just as well because all it depends upon is the bias of the person using it.

Not to mention you didn't even come up with the joke or the picture that went with it either. You just took it from somewhere else and post it. Making you dishonest, lazy and without any creative thought.

How sad it must be to be stuck in your head all the time. You should try harder, I mean that. You really should.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

This.. i thought everyone else knew this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join