It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's about to move 1.5 metres to the north

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

It blesses me that this thread has become a silly rabbit fun one.

LOL.

Harness the energy.

I think it might take a pretty huge bridal.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Must make geocaching quite problematic down under.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I'm not familiar with that term or have forgotten it would likely be more accurate:

geocaching.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Must make geocaching quite problematic down under.

Is that just a fancy name for buried treasure or is it some sort of modern game?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
a reply to: BO XIAN

Australia took 22 years to move 1.5 meters. I am not going to put my money on it winning in Rio this year, that's really slow and is more of a problem for the GPS, not the continent of Australia.

So, I am not worried about the Earth, but it is troubling about the GPS.

With gps being acurate down to about a meter yeah it's a problem but only a minor one. So your phone thinks your 2 to 3 meters from its current position.

Yeah, but what if its not your phone? What if its your self-driving car and it thinks you are in the northbound lane when you are really in the south bound lane? Oops.

And I have often noticed the discrepancy when riding a train and following the journey on google maps for instance. There are places between Sydney and Newcastle that the GPS thinks you are a kilometer away from the train tracks. There is a reason that your phone asks you to turn on wifi and/or mobile data to improve accuracy - but once you move out of range of a cell tower, and it has to rely on the GPS position only, accuracy goes out the window.

edit on 6/8/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
Hey Bo: in the spirit of your thread, I'm gonna embark upon a search for something I found on the internet a while back, called the Cassini Effect. What was described was a temperature change (global warming related) so drastic that the melting of glaciers and rising of sea levels, put extra stress on tectonic plates, causing cataclysmic events which led to totally different positioning of land masses than we currently map them. Antartica, for instance, was grassy tundra, rather than ice.....

You'll have to give me some time to find this. But I'll do my best. Interesting for sure.
tetra

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Take your time.

Thanks for your kind reply

Sounds interesting, for sure.

Certainly there is, per the 2,000 year old script, going to be a WORLDWIDE MAJOR earthquake before the looming traumas are all over . . . IIRC, "not a wall" will be left standing. I don't know if that's worldwide or in the locale mentioned in the context of that verse. I forget.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The Indo Australian plate is moving under the Himalayas the continent of Australia will split at poleshift. Do your research these tectonic plate movements are caused by Planet X. We will have an alignment soon of PX, sun and earth so expect a significant event very soon. Check Terral03's updates..

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here you go, Bo...check this link out: LINK
Strange pondering, for sure. Let me know what you think. Earth shattering for sure....
tetra

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Thanks.

Will have to ponder that one. Sounds plausible.

I do not think that most folks are aware of the unprecedented changes that are looming on the not distant horizon.

The specifics are hard to guess about but that super dramatic things are coming is certainly true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join