It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sportbike v Tesla Model S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow I didn't expect this, that is some bit of kit that electric car.

Nice to see the two fellas having a good time also.
86 grand though :O

www.tesla.com...

Heck reading more about it they let you charge up for free in their Tesla's Supercharger network.
Just need to learn how to drive
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

The motorcyclist has no clue how to ride a bike.

A 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R has a 0 to 60 time of 2.9 seconds, the Tesla S with ludicrous mode is 2.8 seconds.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
oops
edit on 2-8-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

link   
Tesla V. Hellcat

129k for this model
edit on 2-8-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah, those Teslas are monsters! Nice video.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

A 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R has a 0 to 60 time of 2.9 seconds, the Tesla S with ludicrous mode is 2.8 seconds.

Just what I was going to say... He should learn how to drive the bike properly, maybe start in 8K Revs AT LEAST.
This rider is truly an embarrassment for people who know how to drive bikes.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

yes. lol, he kept saying no chance, when he might have had one when he let the guy do the beep counts.
he could have reved way up and launch on 3

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Awesome. Lol in Colorado they still give you a 15k tax award for buying a Tesla i believe. Someday..

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Pretty neat. I just read about this car a few days ago and it's acceleration is pretty amazing. Thanks for the video.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

Insane mode!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Street racing on a public road in traffic. Amazingly intelligent behavior from these geniuses.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You've obviously never have been to New Mexico...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Difference is the Tesla has 4 wheel drive (assuming is a 90d), traction control, no gear changes and whole load of processing power to help it get it's best times pretty much every time. Even a experienced rider will struggle to get the a high powered bike near it's theoretical best times.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Many times and will be there in a couple of weeks again, so you "obviously" have come to an erroneous conclusion through faulty logic. Yes, yes, I know: "Open roads with no traffic so it's okay." Except that this vid shows the f'ng traffic. Boys with toys just lucky they didn't kill someone.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For short bursts, no car or bike is going to touch a Tesla.

Electric motors have 100% of the torque available at pretty much 1 RPM. With that said, the Tesla can't touch top speed runs. Supposedly, the new 2017 911 Turbos might hit 0 to 60 in 2.5 secs.

That bike guy can't ride though....Should have easily been able to keep up.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Many times and will be there in a couple of weeks again, so you "obviously" have come to an erroneous conclusion through faulty logic. Yes, yes, I know: "Open roads with no traffic so it's okay." Except that this vid shows the f'ng traffic. Boys with toys just lucky they didn't kill someone.

Someone's a bit salty this evening. Did someone take a leak in your cereal this morning.

Smh.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Ummm...Makes me wonder how my ZX12R would have matched...definitely better than that 6...dude was afraid to bring the revs up between shifts...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Someone's a bit salty this evening. Did someone take a leak in your cereal this morning.

So suggesting road racing is a stupid idea translates to me being "salty." I'm afraid I don't understand. That kind of behavior can get your license suspended at best. It can and has gotten people killed who happened to get in the way of people like this. It's illegal for a reason. It can kill people. What ought to be criticized is these guys street racing, not me calling out this behavior for the stupid and irresponsible thing it is. It is not "cool" to do this.

XL5

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Although electric motors have max torque at low RPM, they still do better with a couple speeds. In the case of electric motors, it is not about power curve, it is about multiplying the torque you already have or getting more top speed.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

So suggesting road racing is a stupid idea translates to me being "salty." I'm afraid I don't understand. That kind of behavior can get your license suspended at best. It can and has gotten people killed who happened to get in the way of people like this. It's illegal for a reason. It can kill people. What ought to be criticized is these guys street racing, not me calling out this behavior for the stupid and irresponsible thing it is. It is not "cool" to do this.

People have been road racing since the beginning of the invention of the automobile and even before with horse and carriage. There was nothing on this video suggesting that they put anyone's lives in danger. I'm not going to criticize anyone for using their machine for what it was built to do, to go fast.

If you would like cars to stay at the speed limit of 65 please write your congressman and get laughed in your face.

Sorry you were raised as a complete buzzkill. Until then don't come to any of our parties with your offensive opinions.

<<   2 >>

join