It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. slavery reparations sought in first Black Lives Matter agenda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is the same problem that endlessly throwing money at the schools will have: Money is not a solution and will not fix the problem.

Assuming we did agree to a lump sum reparations payment, how many how get paid would have the tools to make good use of it to better their circumstances beyond a short while and actually end what they perceive to be a poor situation caused by "The Man?"

And for those who did something foolish with it, what would the response be when they wound up back in their present circumstances? Would they then take some responsibility for their mess or simply blame the system for robbing them of their reparations?
edit on 2-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sigh, I guess I'm going to have to be the one to stand up and say it:

"Attention: white people. Don't allow yourselves to be the victims of emotional manipulation. You are not guilty for the actions of your ancestors — those actions are theirs, alone, to own, not yours. Guilt-by-association is a logical fallacy. When the same standard is placed upon any other group it is labelled as racism, bigotry or pushing a stereotype."

"Reparations are nothing but the unambitious taking part in economic opportunism through the use of emotional manipulation." — Dark Ghost.

Guilt-by-association, when upheld, sets a dangerous precedent. For example, can the people of Detroit demand reparations from gang members that have done irreversible damage/harm to the city?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The only reparations they should be offered is a free boat ticket back to the country of their ancestry.
After seeing the conditions in their homeland they may see the grass is a little greener here.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Talk about taking the piss !

you just can't make this # up !

Little by little America is getting screwed !

And I don't think it's the Muslims who's screwing you !

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So who pays for these "reparations" ?

All of the evil white devils who did the enslaving. Oh, but wait...they're long dead. So, we're going to go after the evil white devils who's only sin is being born related to the white devils that bought the slaves.

Voila! Justice!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If you're going to report on this topic, you have to go to the source.
policy.m4bl.org...

Under the reparations section, they're demanding several items.
" Reparations for the systemic denial of access to high quality educational opportunities in the form of full and free access for all Black people (including undocumented and currently and formerly incarcerated people) to lifetime education including: free access and open admissions to public community colleges and universities, technical education (technology, trade and agricultural), educational support programs, retroactive forgiveness of student loans, and support for lifetime learning programs. Reparations for the continued divestment from, discrimination toward and exploitation of our communities in the form of a guaranteed minimum livable income for all Black people, with clearly articulated corporate regulations. Reparations for the wealth extracted from our communities through environmental racism, slavery, food apartheid, housing discrimination and racialized capitalism in the form of corporate and government reparations focused on healing ongoing physical and mental trauma, and ensuring our access and control of food sources, housing and land. Reparations for the cultural and educational exploitation, erasure, and extraction of our communities in the form of mandated public school curriculums that critically examine the political, economic, and social impacts of colonialism and slavery, and funding to support, build, preserve, and restore cultural assets and sacred sites to ensure the recognition and honoring of our collective struggles and triumphs. Legislation at the federal and state level that requires the United States to acknowledge the lasting impacts of slavery, establish and execute a plan to address those impacts. This includes the immediate passage of H.R.40, the “Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act” or subsequent versions which call for reparations remedies."

What I find interesting about this is, if you think it through, that among their demands is free college education for lifetime for all black people and free minimum income for all black people. So for example, if you follow the links you find, under guaranteed minimum income:
"A Universal Basic Income (UBI) provides an unconditional and guaranteed livable income that would meet basic human needs while providing a floor of economic security. UBI would eliminate absolute poverty, ensuring economic security for all by mandating an income floor covering basic needs. Unlike most social welfare and social insurance programs, it is not means tested nor does it have any work requirements."

Now, that's all well and good and quite interesting, but here's the deal.
Free Education for Black people: So...........Asian and Hispanic students entering or trying to enter college will have to pay full tuition, but Black people...........get their education for free? I have to wonder how the Asian and Hispanic students are going to feel about that.

The a Universal Basic Income for all Black people? How will that be funded? Well of course, the Government is going to pay for that. They claim it would come from savings on incarceration costs and such, but still.......we're talking about a HUGE monetary outlay that would probably cripple and hobble the economy for decades!

But wait! Obviously taxes will have to be raised to pay for this. Why should Asian and Hispanics and the Governments all new favored immigrant class, MUSLIMS, have to pay for this? Should the sainted Syrian refugees have to pay for this?

Fascinating, because I suspect this could well go viral! This could be the cause celebre for the fall and for the SJW types and the University students! And of course, when the talking heads on the MSM pick this up, it'll be pointed out that only EVIL RACISTS would be against this!

Bwahahahaha, America................you are SO screwed!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So I get endless college for all blacks forever. Why do anything else when you can get free access to it and basic support for your living while you're at it?

It says nothing about having to pass ...

So I not only have figure out how to pay for my kid to get college or he saddles himself with debt, but I am now taxed to pay for lifetime black college students.

Wonderful!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

I saw that web site and laughed my butt off. Its proof positive that there are white people in the US so butt stupid they'll victimize them own selves to assuage their white guilt.
And of course........if you're white and don't go along, youre a racist!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So in other words they don't want to work and want to use their ancestors as an excuse to mooch off the tax payer.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep............you're white, you're screwed, stupid!

But wait, it gets worse! I didn't see anything in that proposal exempting Hispanics, Asians or Middle Easterners from having to pay for this.

So, you live and work in the US? You're screwed!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

That's one way of putting it. Although I'd suspect they'd see that as a racist answer.

It doesn't say they don't want to work; they're looking for compensation for generations of them being deprived of the fruits of their labors. Read the website to get their point.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Hispanics have a temporary out. They just have to come here illegally.

But anyone not black who lives and works will more or less support professional college student blacks in perpetuity.

Either they think folks are stupid, or they did not think this through. Given what I've seen of what passes for thought in some of BLM, I'm going with the latter.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

That's one way of putting it. Although I'd suspect they'd see that as a racist answer.

It doesn't say they don't want to work; they're looking for compensation for generations of them being deprived of the fruits of their labors. Read the website to get their point.

What about the generations who have deprived this country/themselves of the fruits of their labors by sitting there on their stoops and complaining rather than doing? In that, they're no different from the white equivalent we call trailer trash.
edit on 2-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I got the point they are trying to portray, but in reality they don't want to work and are using their ancestors as an excuse to mooch off the taxpayer.
Not sure how saying that is racist but yea they will try. Plenty of people of all colors find excuses to mooch off the tax payer.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nonetheless, watch and see how this develops!

I got a feeling this things got legs!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the hoards at traffic intersections demanding YOU sign a petition supporting this thing and if you refuse..............? This could get very interesting!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The only reparations they should be offered is a free boat ticket back to the country of their ancestry.
After seeing the conditions in their homeland they may see the grass is a little greener here.

Wasn't that what liberia was supposed to be?

I'm sure that place is nice.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Does anyone else have "the Jeffersons" theme song stuck in their head?
Moving on up, to the east side!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ha, ha.......that's a good one.

Really, this whole life is becoming one long re-run. (I see stupid, its everywhere!)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Said before, I will say it again....

As a descendant of white irish immigrants, I am all for slave reparations...

When do I get my check and benefits?

What about the blacks who owned black and white slaves,,, do they have to pay reparations as well?
edit on R512016-08-02T08:51:52-05:00k518Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This needs to go to the source. Africans sold their own Kids/families/and enemies into slavery. WHy no outrage at Africa? Because its not able to give them money. This is just a power grab disguised as justice(for them only not anyone else).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join