It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone listen to Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I listen once in a great while. His shows are interesting and I really enjoy them. The only reason I don't listen often is the bumper music. It literally makes me feel ill. The intro is just utter nonsense, Its a bit much. It's sirens, explosion, Godzilla roars, some very annoying voice on a loud speaker. It's all layered and mixed horribly, it sounds so effing loud!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I do like that one Portishead song they play, but holy mother of god, that opening has got to go.

I listen on Stitcher Radio and it has a fast forward button that skips 30 seconds. I have to press it 4 times to skip the intro. That means the intro lasts 2 whole minutes. Two whole minutes of utter noise. Noise that makes me physically ill.

It would be fine after that, but they play it again in the middle of the show. If I fall asleep listening, that damn "song" will wake me up.

Does anyone else get a sickening feeling when that song comes on?

edit on 2-8-2016 by galaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2016 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Big deal. You want to really get creeped out, heres the Psyop sound mix they played during the siege of WACO.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I generally listen to Clyde every day at work. I actually really like all his sound/music/movie clip montages. Most of his music is pretty fitting to the topic as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Radio 2 here with Simon Mayo, before that Jeremy Vine. Have to give Steve (Serious Jockin) Wright a miss though. Never heard of Clyde Lewis or Ground Zero, must be a different continent i guess.

Hehe

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Some producers get way too carried away with the bumper music! People tune in to hear the talking and guests; they don't want up to 10 minutes of theme music and voice samples.

One (whose name I won't mention) began with the 10 minute theme tune and then went to break 20 minutes after that...for another 10 minutes. Another is so full of commercials they have 10 minutes talk followed by 6 minutes' commercials - unlistenable.

I don't listen to Ground Zero and probably won't thanks to your OP and the intrptr's video. It looks like a similar show format to PsiOp Radio. I haven't listened to Mack and SMiles for ages now. Their show was usually good and covered all the conspiracy and political bases with class.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That Waco sound is pretty crazy. An ex gf told me her ex husband, or husband at the time idk, well h is an FBI agent and was there. She told e about the phys-op music.

I don't recall mention of it on any news source and this is actually the first conformation of it.

Also told me he had a pretty nice motorcycle collection the agents would pee on.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I listen every once in a while since I'm turned off of some of the talk radio right now.

I love his intro and I actually turn it up in my office lol. People stop what they are doing and turn to my door at work.

Some of the things they talk about are so stupid though...but it's a conspiracy show...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I generally listen to Clyde every day at work. I actually really like all his sound/music/movie clip montages. Most of his music is pretty fitting to the topic as well.

I get what the artist is trying to do. I actually listen to that type of music, the album "Product Placement" comes to mind. But this noise has got to go.

It's just too much.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Big deal. You want to really get creeped out, heres the Psyop sound mix they played during the siege of WACO.

It does not creep me out, not in the slightest. It's the fact it's so loud and just noise. It's just annoys me to the point I feel ill. Like it makes me feel sick. Like I want to vomit.

Its awful.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: intrptr

That Waco sound is pretty crazy. An ex gf told me her ex husband, or husband at the time idk, well h is an FBI agent and was there. She told e about the phys-op music.

I don't recall mention of it on any news source and this is actually the first conformation of it.

Also told me he had a pretty nice motorcycle collection the agents would pee on.

The siege went on for a long time because they wouldn't come out peaceful. Part of breaking them down psychologically was to play that noise all night, flash bright lights on the compound and fly helicopters real low and loud overhead. I've seen brief footage of it on various TV shows. 21 minute mark into here...

By the by they did the same thing to Manuel Noriega to get him to come out of his hiding place and surrender during the US invasion of Panama.

And in Vietnam...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am really happy that someone started this thread because I have to correct myself. A couple of weeks ago I made a comment about how crazy I thought Sheppard Smith was from Fox News and how he had a radio show that I thought was pretty out there. I do not know why I didn't realize it sooner, but I literally thought that Sheppard Smith was the host of this show. It was just the voice, they sound so much alike. I'm really embarrassed. I feel really bad for insulting Clyde Lewis, because I still think Sheppard Smith is a weird robot who is malfunctioning.

Back to the the topic at hand. I do agree, the intro is waaaay too much. I think half the reason I never caught the host name because I always had to turn it off from the intro for a few minutes. He does have some interesting topics sometimes though. Just makes me miss Art Bell more though I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DinobotIV

Back to the the topic at hand. I do agree, the intro is waaaay too much. I think half the reason I never caught the host name because I always had to turn it off from the intro for a few minutes. He does have some interesting topics sometimes though. Just makes me miss Art Bell more though I think.

Yes! Exactly! He reminds me of Art Bell. The shows are great. It's just that God awful music that stops me from listening.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The Album "Product Placement" is probably the best example of what I think the artist may have been trying to go for.

Product Placement

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Looks like Ground Zero picked up the same supplement company as Coast to Coast. I guess I get to not listen once every few weeks.

Anyone have any other "out there" radio programs to listen to?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I swear this guy reads ATS. Not only does he pick up threads, but he even grabs a few posts as well.

new topics

top topics

join