It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV License now required for Catch Up TV

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: bigtrousers

"need", i have no license, never will have and i have absoloutely no problem making my t.vs work, you dont "need" their license.

bbc has been proven to be a terrorist supporting peadophile network.

www.youtube.com...

Legal
Its illegal to watch streaming tele without a license..you haven't gotten caught, but you could get fined 1k if and when you do.
you really should check in on the laws. 2 things are certain, death and taxes.
and how are they going to prove it in a court of law? they cant because they have no authority.

its not a legal requirement to have a t.v licence, perhaps it is you that should be looking into the law.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

"need", i have no license, never will have and i have absoloutely no problem making my t.vs work, you dont "need" their license.

bbc has been proven to be a terrorist supporting peadophile network.

www.youtube.com...

Legal
Its illegal to watch streaming tele without a license..you haven't gotten caught, but you could get fined 1k if and when you do.
you really should check in on the laws. 2 things are certain, death and taxes.

bbc breaks the law every single day to a much larger extent with their biased reporting, english laws mean # all to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
you are happy being extorted paying for "protection" that you dont even need. congratulations, did you give them your backbone in order to reach this agreement?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

its not a legal requirement to have a t.v licence, perhaps it is you that should be looking into the law.

It is a legal requirement

It’s against the law to watch or record TV programmes as they're being shown on TV without a valid licence. This includes the use of devices such as a TV, computer, mobile phone, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.
Watching TV without a valid licence is a criminal offence. This can lead to prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000 (not including legal costs). The exceptions are in Guernsey where the maximum fine is £2 000 and Jersey it is £500.
It costs £145.50 for a colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.
Pay for your TV Licence
We have various ways of checking if you’re covered by a valid licence or not.

How we can detect if you’re correctly licensed
National database We have a database of approximately 31 million licensed and unlicensed addresses. This tells us if your address has a TV Licence.
Enforcement officers
All our enforcement officers have access to this database. This means they can check if you have a valid licence or not.
If you inform us that you do not watch television, enforcement officers may still visit you to confirm this.
Detector vans We also have a fleet of detector vans that can detect the use of TV receiving equipment at specifically targeted addresses within minutes.

you are breaking the law if you watch streaming television in the uk without paying for it. clearcut and simple.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
No Scots were jailed for the offence in more than five years due to legal reforms, while thousands from England and Wales are punished

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

you are happy being extorted paying for "protection" that you dont even need. congratulations, did you give them your backbone in order to reach this agreement?

You realize you are on here trying to shame people who follow the law.
That is against ATS T&C. clean your act up. not everyone is a criminal.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

It is a legal requirement

It’s against the law to watch or record TV programmes as they're being shown on TV without a valid licence. This includes the use of devices such as a TV, computer, mobile phone, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.
Watching TV without a valid licence is a criminal offence. This can lead to prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000 (not including legal costs). The exceptions are in Guernsey where the maximum fine is £2 000 and Jersey it is £500.
It costs £145.50 for a colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.
Pay for your TV Licence
We have various ways of checking if you’re covered by a valid licence or not.

How we can detect if you’re correctly licensed
National database We have a database of approximately 31 million licensed and unlicensed addresses. This tells us if your address has a TV Licence.
Enforcement officers
All our enforcement officers have access to this database. This means they can check if you have a valid licence or not.
If you inform us that you do not watch television, enforcement officers may still visit you to confirm this.
Detector vans We also have a fleet of detector vans that can detect the use of TV receiving equipment at specifically targeted addresses within minutes.

you are breaking the law if you watch streaming television in the uk without paying for it. clearcut and simple.

Pressure has increased on the government to drop criminal penalties for dodging paying for a TV licence, after it was revealed that no one in Scotland has been jailed for the crime for more than five years.
In England and Wales, dozens have been jailed every year for not paying the fee which funds the BBC.
David Cameron has previously pledged to decriminalise the £145.50 fee, amid concerns that enforcement of it is too heavy-handed.
John Whittingdale, the Culture Secretary, has described the licence fee as "worse than a poll tax" and ultimately "unsustainable".
• TV licence inspectors three times more likely to be attacked by a householder than an animal
• BBC will bear £650m cost of free TV licences for over-75s
A freedom of information request submitted by the Daily Mail revealed that no one in Scotland has been jailed for not having a TV licence for more than five years.
This is due to a legal reform in Scotland which means people are no longer jailed if they fail to pay a fine of under £500.
Only 32 people went through the courts on an offence of not paying for their TV licence.
In 2012 in England and Wales, more than 180,000 people – almost 3,500 a week – appeared before the Magistrates Courts, accused of watching television without a valid licence in, with 155,000 being convicted and fined.
This counted for one in ten UK court cases.
• The legal way to avoid paying the TV licence fee
• Could the BBC survive without the licence fee?
Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen, who is a campaigner for reform, told the Daily Mail: "In England and Wales there are 180,000 prosecutions a year for failing to pay the licence fee, and dozens of people are jailed each year.
"In Scotland, there were 32 prosecutions in the courts and no one went to jail. Yet we have not seen evasion go through the roof, as the BBC claims it would. It is a myth that it would happen if we had decriminalisation."
The cabinet is split on the idea of decriminalisation, with Justice Secretary Michael Gove and Commons leader Chris Grayling pushing for the move which they argue would save valuable time in already overburdened courts.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
so keep your backwards nonsense laws to yourself, you will do anything to keep scotland part of the uk with our oilfields.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Pressure has increased on the government to drop criminal penalties for dodging paying for a TV licence,

And I think it should be. its a dumb tax..but it is what it is until the legal procedures are put in place to remove it.
voting is how things are changed...but until it is, you gotta do what you gotta do. if you disagree with the tax, well, be prepared to potentially suffer the penelty if caught.

same with any law breaking..if you get caught, there will be penelties if prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

lol bbc is a criminal entity, you are promoting giving funding to a biased media source with ties to peadophilia and terrorism, how morally superior you are!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

so keep your backwards nonsense laws to yourself, you will do anything to keep scotland part of the uk with our oilfields.

Not talking to me. I'm an american. I think its backwards and stupid also..but laws are laws. contact a politician
I think pot laws in the US are stupid..doesn't mean in protest I am gonna grow a ton of pot. I think prostitution laws are dumb..doesn't mean I am gonna become a pimp..I will vote for logic and reason, but follow the stupid laws until such a time as they change.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

lol bbc is a criminal entity, you are promoting giving funding to a biased media source with ties to peadophilia and terrorism, how morally superior you are!

everyone is a critic of governmetn. name a single governent or government instituion on earth where you cant simply apply that exact sentence to and it make sense with connecting dots.

that defense wont hold up in court.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Pressure has increased on the government to drop criminal penalties for dodging paying for a TV licence,

And I think it should be. its a dumb tax..but it is what it is until the legal procedures are put in place to remove it.
voting is how things are changed...but until it is, you gotta do what you gotta do. if you disagree with the tax, well, be prepared to potentially suffer the penelty if caught.

same with any law breaking..if you get caught, there will be penelties if prosecuted.

what are they going to do? ask nicrely to come in to check if i have a t.v nd be told to # off? its not criminal, its civil.

obviously further north we have less tolerance for bull#, how can they catch you watching t.v? you know those vans they put out to scare you have no technology onboard capable of intercepting your t.v signal or even knowing where it goes.

seriously astounding how many people will pay for # they dont need.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

everyone is a critic of governmetn. name a single governent or government instituion on earth where you cant simply apply that exact sentence to and it make sense with connecting dots.

that defense wont hold up in court.

goes to court LOL how can they build case against me? please enlighten me how can they prove i watch live t.v?

entertain me.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

goes to court LOL how can they build case against me? please enlighten me how can they prove i watch live t.v?

entertain me.

although its probably more fear tactics than actual working. I dont know of anything that can detect if you are watching twitch.
another reason why this tax needs to be removed and a more logal small flat tax across the board for broadcast services for all uk citizens taken straight out of paychecks..something reasonable..the second people stop believing in the detector vans and neighbors turning you in, etc..the less revenue will be coming in.

the detector vans are watching you. >.>

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Out of all the garbage and throwaway crap I spend my money on every year...the licence fee isn't one of them. In fact, I consider it one of the best things to spend money on.

I listen to Radio 1, 1Xtra, Radio 4 and R5Live every day of every week. I'd pay the fee just so I don't have to be pestered with frickin commercials every 10 minutes! I watch the BBC news each morning unless there's a decent comedy on C4.

The BBC website hosts science and comedy podcasts that I've listened to for years. 'History of the World in 100 Objects' and the David Attenborough TV shows add to the sum of human knowledge. The Attenborough shows have become a reference point that everyone in the English-speaking world can appreciate. All without frickin adverts!!

And...you KNOW the BBC is doing something right when Labour and Conservative political parties are always threatening to privatise it. I know it's popular to shout about BBC bias, but anyone who listens to R4 in the morning will hear politicians getting their asses handed to them nearly every day. Apart from Paxman and C4 news, there is no other channel or media corp that attacks the politicians with such intelligence.

I don't do a lot of hyperbole, but sincerely believe losing the BBC would be like crippling British culture.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: bigyin

Out of all the garbage and throwaway crap I spend my money on every year...the licence fee isn't one of them. In fact, I consider it one of the best things to spend money on.

I listen to Radio 1, 1Xtra, Radio 4 and R5Live every day of every week. I'd pay the fee just so I don't have to be pestered with frickin commercials every 10 minutes! I watch the BBC news each morning unless there's a decent comedy on C4.

The BBC website hosts science and comedy podcasts that I've listened to for years. 'History of the World in 100 Objects' and the David Attenborough TV shows add to the sum of human knowledge. The Attenborough shows have become a reference point that everyone in the English-speaking world can appreciate. All without frickin adverts!!

And...you KNOW the BBC is doing something right when Labour and Conservative political parties are always threatening to privatise it. I know it's popular to shout about BBC bias, but anyone who listens to R4 in the morning will hear politicians getting their asses handed to them nearly every day. Apart from Paxman and C4 news, there is no other channel or media corp that attacks the politicians with such intelligence.

I don't do a lot of hyperbole, but sincerely believe losing the BBC would be like crippling British culture.

bbc has been covering up for peados and terrorists for decades, the bbc wouldnt survive without the license fee, since all they produce is garbage for the mainstream narrative " saddam is bad invade iraq" that was a good idea wasnt it? eh?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
bbc with its latest bull# reports of "refugees are good" with the mounting evidence that they are not good raping and killing all over europe, you probably hold your arms open to them now that the bbc has laid your mind at ease.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
£12 a month is a good deal to me for all the good costume dramas and documentaries the BBC creates. David Attenborough, professor Brian Cox, doctor who, ripper street, top gear(RIP) sherlock etc, cbeebies and bbc radio stations

( No adverts on BBC channels)

I can't stand it when I try to watch an american documentary and there are adverts every five minutes.

Other channels do make good shows too but mostly filled with xfactor/bigbrother/datingislandessex rubbish

I pay for netflix too but apart from that I don't have any other bills involving tv apart from internet so it seems alot cheaper than those listing their cable bills.

£3 a week...come on.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
£12 a month is a good deal to me for all the good costume dramas and documentaries the BBC creates. David Attenborough, professor Brian Cox, doctor who, ripper street, top gear(RIP) sherlock etc, cbeebies and bbc radio stations

( No adverts on BBC channels)

I can't stand it when I try to watch an american documentary and there are adverts every five minutes.

Other channels do make good shows too but mostly filled with xfactor/bigbrother/datingislandessex rubbish

I pay for netflix too but apart from that I don't have any other bills involving tv apart from internet so it seems alot cheaper than those listing their cable bills.

£3 a week...come on.

just like the mob saying "£100 now is cheaper than 10,000 to fix your shop and the broken legs"

bbc is #e, enjoy paying for the lawyers of savilles lot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join