It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Israel Prospers, Obama Set to Give Billions More in Aid While Netanyahu Demands Even More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The United States already hands over billions annually to Israel but Netanyahu wants more!

The Intercept

The Washington Post reports that “a senior Israeli official will arrive in Washington next week for a final round of negotiations involving the largest military aid package the United States has ever given any country and that will last more than a decade after President Obama leaves office.” The U.S. already transfers $3.1 billion in taxpayer money every year to Israel – more than any other country by far – but the new agreement Obama is set to sign “significantly raises” that amount, and guarantees it for 10 years.

I've never really understood why the United States dumps so much money into Israel. All it has done is made the situation worse for Palestinians. What is the US getting for their money spent? Imagine that money going to our veterans or our poor and hungry? Help me understand this relationship.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

What is the US getting for their money spent?

The taxpayer spends and Israel and the arms dealers rub their hands in glee while the the rivers of blood continue to seep out from the West Bank and Gaza

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Is it really any surprise?

Makes my blood boil.. but people aren't doing anything about it. In fact, everyone is still voting for the system in place, without protest. And the folks who ARE protesting are typically protesting for organizations that are funded/run by private interest groups and aren't actually helping the cause they think they're supporting (BLM for example).

Sick state of affairs. I've all but given up.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

And yet we have so many homeless people, mental health issues and we are giving over 35 billion a year in aid to other countries...1 Billion to Jordan, 1.5 Billion to Egypt,Nigeria 703 million, Syria 155 million??????, Afghanistan 1.1 Billion (we should be giving more since we ruined their country), Mexico 207 Million...crazy...
edit on 1-8-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The United States' infrastructure is crumbling en masse across the land. That money being redirected towards building our homeLAND back up should be the reasonable course of action.

This is treason, IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

maybe select elected presidents and high officials ?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I appreciate you didn't write the headline, but I understood it was a Republican congress that actually pushed for the money to be given? As you've mentioned it in relation to Obama, do you really think Trump would get away with changing anything to do with the Israeli government, or even want to?

edit on 1-8-2016 by uncommitted because: grammar

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's the same vicious circle and always has been and you cannot put this on Obama only

1 - We give Israel money
2 - Israel buys weapons from US defense companies
3 - US defense companies reward congress members with donations, campaign funds, stock-options, board positions
4 - congress members approve funds for Israel
goto: 1

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You mean the 51st State? You mean "The Chosen Ones"??? Although they are occupying lands that God took away and ONLY God can give it back- Perhaps this is where the term "Cherry-Picking" came about???

It wasn't until just recently that Israel is home to more Jews than NYC, so more bodies living there and contributing "should" show a reduction of Mr. NuttinbutaYahoo's open hands (plural) policy..

www.nkusa.org...

www.nkusa.org...

www.truetorahjews.org...

Shalom

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: non-positive linkage

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Surely Israel is the only real democracy in the region with enduring stability. You take Israel out of that region and what do you have? Plus Israel does masses of training with the US military, also they share loads of intelligence. They are on the same side basically.

The one thing you can also say (even though I'm a Brit) is there are certain influential groups within the USA that are interlinked with Israel. It is just honest to say it but the Jewish population within the USA is very influential in the economic and political sphere and there will be certain helping requests between the two nations politicians and as they piss in the same pot cash will flow.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Israel's genocidal military is reliant on US aid to continue functioning. How else do you think they pay for their research projects and all that advanced equipment?

It's not just $3 billion. There's loads of stuff that's never even released to the public.
edit on -050011am8kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This cant be true. In all right leaning news , Obama has shunned Israel . And then you come along with this thread.So , all that folks were led to believe about the Obama-Israel relations were false
Imagine that....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
You take Israel out of that region and what do you have? Plus Israel does masses of training with the US military, also they share loads of intelligence. They are on the same side basically.

EXACTLY

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

As Israel Prospers

Obviously never visited Israel or had a conversation with an Israeli...

1. Military Outpost - The US relies on Israel as its base for all military actions in South-West Asia and the Middle East.
2. Intelligence Gathering Cooperation - CIA and Mosad are besties.
3. Economic Relations - Besides the 13-14 Billion $ exported by the US to Israel annually, the US gets the right to dictate to whom Israel should or should not sell it's advanced weaponry. For example, China is a big no no.

I agree that the US should stop the military aid as this is the only thing that will force Israel to seriously consider peace with the Palestinians, but don't be naive, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch from the US.
edit on 2-8-2016 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I detest the unquestionable alliance with Israel, and I detest the amount of money that our broke-ass country spends on foreign aid.

If our country really wanted to make a difference, they would put said aid into a trust fund that forced the governments to give the money directly to the citizens of said countries on a monthly basis--but that wouldn't build up militaries and government control over their citizens, would it?

edit on 2-8-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

All your congressmen bar for Representative Walter Jones have signed an Aipac agreement thus pledging allegiance to the foreign power Israel,Gaza is against the Geneva convention so by your own laws your entire congress are war criminals,so how legitimate is any piece of legislation they pass?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Israel owns the US government’s soul.

Even the supposed change agent Trump has come out licking Israel’s butt

This will go on forever even though the people don’t like it
Israel owns US politicians dammed souls

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Well, it seems that an AIPAC Loyalty Agreement is given to all new Reps and Senators when they are elected (or run for re-election).

My congressman happens to be Congressman Massie, and when it counts, he doesn't vote for it, either:

The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is bruised from the fight over Iran sanctions. But that didn’t stop the group from helping to push through legislation designating Israel as a “major strategic partner”–a first for any U.S. ally. The measure has been a major lobby priority since last year.

Today, the House of Representatives passed the U.S.-Israel Strategic Partnership Act by a 410-1 vote. The lone dissenting voice was Representative Thomas Massie (R-KY), a libertarian aligned with Senator Rand Paul. The Senate has not voted on their version of the bill yet, though it has strong support there, with 55 co-sponsors from both parties.

Now, I'm not trying to raise my congressman up on a pedestal or anything, but it's nice to know that my desires are actually represented most of the time by Massie...it gives me a warm and fuzzy.

Regardless, I get your point, but in the same breath, if you can't trust legislation because you think these people are untrustworthy (and they are), what makes some agreement that they sign any more binding than anything else?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

At least you get the point and you investigated without anyone holding your hand that makes you better than most here.

new topics

top topics

join