It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Labour MP Says All Men Need Gender Equality Lessons.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Funnily enough I'm the wage earning and my other half stays home with the kids, I cant remember the last time I cooked or did washing. No agenda its just the way it worked out. But those sexist ideas backlash also on men that don't fit the "standard" role.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Maybe a pre-test is appropriate with questions that determine whether or not you need to take the course. True or false.
Women are equal to men.
It is acceptable to touch a strange woman on the buttocks.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Does she have a tattoo directly above her buttocks?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

(removed sarcasm)

Whether or not she has a tattoo is something you would need to investigate and it's none of your business.

You must take the course.

edit on 8/1/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Whether or not she has a tattoo is something you would need to investigate and it's none of your business.

I would be happy to investigate.

You must take the course.

I will add it to the list of remedial courses I require for typical societal interactions.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I personally think this is well intentionned but aimed at not necessairly the correct grouping. By this i mean it should be more inclusive (aimed at both genders) and less focused on one particular area. Instead, if they want to go down this route, they should just start giving everyone lessons in manners and decorum and how to be a decent person.

Everyone is quick to know their rights these days, whether it is immigrants or white British. This intrigues me because with rights come responsibilities........and yet many of those quick to parrot about their "rights" don't take any notice of their responsibilities. They go hand in hand, they are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

When I read things like this as a female I can only shake my head and think that the British are in deep trouble.

As a society their own government has eroded their base with immigration.

Now they think brainwashing is going to change that, they don't take in consideration that is religion related first, I wonder what they are going to do with that one.

If is something political rats are good at is creating more chaos and mayhem in the name of helping society.

edit on 1-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It seems like Brits inventedt manners and politeness, so maybe they should write an instruction Manuel for the entire planet. We'd probably all be better off for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
one, evolution is sexist...men and women do not do everything equally, to pretend is not helpful

two, evolution again is sexist, males pick mates to breed. if you are a fatty, you are not as fit mate as some girl with a killer body. Pretending it's not that way is not helpful, might make the ugos feel better on the surface but it doesn't change the numbers of guys that are hitting on them in the pubs. On the flip side, females pick mates to breed too.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

As others have pointed out women do most of the child raising. All round education is needed. If anything particularly the young mums need to be taught how not to raise knuckle-dragging sexists.

I was raised in a straight-laced academic household. My mother says women have always been able to do whatever they want. They just have to go ahead and do it while ignoring the naysayers. Pretty much the same as it is for males.

Interesting you should say you never really saw the disparity till you joined the army. I find over the decades the most sexist men often turn out to be closet gays who lack the courage to come out. They love male society.

In answer to your question I would say education of young women would achieve more. Explaining to them that the most demonstrative 'macho' males are often secretly gay would prevent a lot of unhappy marriages.
edit on 1 8 2016 by Kester because: word swap

edit on 1 8 2016 by Kester because: add sentence

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

During rescue, essential medical attention or swatting a dangerous biting insect, perhaps.

I once saved a friend's sister from faceplanting onto concrete by swiftly reaching out and catching her by the chest. I was accused of having done it deliberately. To be honest I didn't even notice till the accusations started

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Maybe a pre-test is appropriate with questions that determine whether or not you need to take the course. True or false.
Women are equal to men.

First, how strange is she? Are we talking ketchup in the cornflakes strange or "I'll stab you if you ever leave me." after the first date strange?

Second, I would think the situation has a lot to do with it. If you're a paramedic trying to get her on the stretcher, you might need to touch her buttocks. If you're a male cheerleader and you don't want her to fall off the pyramid, you might need to touch her buttocks. If you're a proctologist, you might need to touch her buttocks.

Lastly, if I do need to take the course, I will probably need extra help. Will there be private tutors available? Will their hourly rates be cheaper than what I'm paying now? Will I be able to get tuition assistance to help cover the costs?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: crazyewok

Saying *all* is ridiculous. If she believes *all* males require training in how to be decent to women, it's probably her who's the sexist.

Women give birth to you, wipe your bottoms off and change your nappy's, teach you to mind your manners and help out in the home and the good ones try to teach you the difference between hero's and zero's!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Poor us men, we dont need to be educated on how to treat women, there doing so good in this world, no more rape, violence be it physical or verbal against women, how dare they.

Plz dont educate me durp durp, im too smart for that.

edit on 1-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
arrested

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: crazyewok

She's being sensible in her way. Ignoring the political sides for a moment....she's acknowledging that some incoming Muslims will be sexist and possibly sex offenders. Sure, she's phrased it in a way intended to be as inoffensive as possible, but that's what she's getting at.

With that in mind, she's saying schools should have more focus on sexual equality so that unfair treatment of women/girls is discouraged. After all, the youngest of immigrants/refugees will learn more about our way of life in school than anywhere else.

I also discern a subtext of no end-game for refugee or immigration numbers.

She's being reasonable in the scheme of things although many would like to hear people like her talking tough on justice too. For example, convicted sex offenders should be DNAd, fingerprinted and sent back to wherever they came from. Even if it's the middle of Aleppo.

Anyone arrested in the UK is Fingerprinted and DNA'd as a matter of course.

How to treat women? ask my wife ..... i have given up! just bought, insured and taxed her new car so she can drive it today and apparently i'm still a prick.

I'm off to get pissed
edit on 2016-08-01T10:29:11-05:002016Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:29:11 -0500bMonday2908America/Chicago1610 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Did you remember to tell her you'll clean it inside and out twice a week?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There is only one person here who appears to need gender equality training. And is a bigotted, ignorant, sexist and - apparently very stupid - labour MP. This is what happens when you elect your peers to represent you in parliament not on ability, intelligence and integrity but on what colour rosette they are wearing. Regardless of whether they happen to be a dead donkey.

The US would be well to bear this in mind .....

....... oh wait, its too late. You poor souls. And may the gods help us all!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There's this thing I learned as a kid that is really the only thing that needs to be taught:

"Treat others as you want to be treated."

Bam. Class dismissed.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

ONLY a SITH deals in absolutes or in this case ,a FEMINIST.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
2 issues here.

1, Immigrants from backwards, misogynistic societies in the middle east really do have a problem with how they see women and interact with them. The Labour party being what it is, can't ever bring themselves to state this truth so they tar every male with the same brush.

2, Teaching kids how to get along and have respect for each other is a fundamental part of their education anyway, I don't think it's wrong to add a little bit to the curriculum that is already in place, though general respect for other humans would be a better lesson.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join