It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'souls' alien parasites that record our memories, personalities, and thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

I suspect the concept of a soul has become embedded in us since we were first able to use words. It's been around in our cultural consciousness for so long that we take it for granted. The origins,I suspect, are in our dreams and in the way early humans couldn't differentiate dreams from reality. Since then, endless layers of meaning and context have been applied by personal beliefs, organised religions and fiction. We can't underestimate the early influence of shamanism, psychedelics and trance states either.

My mindless ramblings aside, we haven't got proof that they exist yet so it's premature to start allocating scales of merit. I mean, how does one *know* that 'souls are capable of destroying the host?' Who found out that souls have a 'territory?'

The Hameroff & Penrose link is interesting stuff - thanks. However, if you read it carefully, it isn't making the case for a 'soul' rather than offering a mechanism to explain how consciousness resides in the brain.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Sounds vaguely like Scientology and thetans.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Oh, good article, by the way. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I suspect the concept of a soul has become embedded in us since we were first able to use words. It's been around in our cultural consciousness for so long that we take it for granted. The origins,I suspect, are in our dreams and in the way early humans couldn't differentiate dreams from reality. Since then, endless layers of meaning and context have been applied by personal beliefs, organised religions and fiction. We can't underestimate the early influence of shamanism, psychedelics and trance states either.

My mindless ramblings aside, we haven't got proof that they exist yet so it's premature to start allocating scales of merit. I mean, how does one *know* that 'souls are capable of destroying the host?' Who found out that souls have a 'territory?'

The Hameroff & Penrose link is interesting stuff - thanks. However, if you read it carefully, it isn't making the case for a 'soul' rather than offering a mechanism to explain how consciousness resides in the brain.

The whole soul destroying a consciousness does not work when I think of the view I have of the concept of soul.

For me a soul is a information matrix of past knowledge that can influence the conscious mind behavior but the conscious mind (current you) have to listen to allow the influence to change behavior.

I have a very easy time with logic and math and I do think I have previously worked hard to be able to have these gifts. Other souls have other skills they excel at

Hameroff & Penrose theory add the possibility of quantum entanglement as a information exchange in the unconscious in individual cells, making it possible to explain how information can be stored at another location non body in real time.
edit on 1-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1MisterLeonard1
It needs its host to function that is a trait of a parasite.. also I read a study that when the host body dies, the souls travel into space but can come back to Earth and infect an embyro where the infected child will grow up having memories of the dead person: www.huffingtonpost.com...

souls are also capable of destroying the host (SHC) and when outside of the body they are capable of harming or in some rare cases, killing humans who come into their territory.

Well when you put it like that the Soul does indeed sound like a Parasite. But then again until officially confirmed Life could be a Parasite on a Massive scale infecting Planet Earth. After all Life only exists on Planet Earth. We have yet to find intelligent or Animal life elsewhere in the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join