It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! From UKExpress, Explosion in Olympic Stadium In Rio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just saw this, NOT many details, but what is known currently is that during opening ceremony rehearsals, a newly hired security firm, found and robotically detonated a tool box.

There have been reported break ins at The Autralian team compound (laptops and clothing stolen) which is small scale to this.

No injuries reported. Mercifully!

But just damn. Eat the losses NBC and Olympic Committee types and bail while you can.

The link-> www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok...I'm confused (again very early) but the bomb detonated only w/a "touch" by the robot (and they are calling it a controlled detonation). Wouldn't "control" mean get forensics off the bomb? This is a really scary explanation. Just a touch, and BOOM!!!

And they just hired security? Should t that have been in place over a year ago?

This whole thing is a dangerous mess.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Jeez, even the hidden-hand feels the need for rehearsals?

I jest.

In all seriousness, I don't think that this is something to take lightly. People, I believe, have taken focus away from the idea of an "Olympic" false flag event. 2012 & Rik Clay stirred that pot pretty vigorously. Might be the perfect time to pull it off?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So, which Israeli security company is in charge of this?

Expect a false flag here as an act to create disharmony between Christians and Islamics.

Wash rinse repeat.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ok so if I have read this correctly, someone observed a suspicious looking toolbox then as a precaution they called a bomb squad to come detonate it?

I'm having a hard time distinguishing whether or not this was a simulation or if it is a foiled terror attempt.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I feel like the subject of this thread should be changed because their is a big difference between , "explosion in Olympic stadium" and "controlled detonation in the Olympic stadium".

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well CNN Breaking has nothing (once again the British press rocks). Weekend network cable coverage is awful.

I'm not thread, abandoning, but I have to get up for work in less than 6 hrs, so I'll check updates after I get some sleep.

As to the headline I used, I repeated The Express title.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

Expect a false flag here as an act to create disharmony between Christians and Islamics.

Wash rinse repeat.

Just so I don't have to say it.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This whole olympics is a disaster waiting to happen. Floating feces making swimmers sick, a severed foot washing up on shore at the volleyball venue, now this. Just scrap this year, and the whole olympic committee, and start over.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

originally posted by: notmyrealname

Wash rinse repeat.

Just so I don't have to say it.

Say what? That ISDS is managing security for the Games, with a $2.2 billion budget, and in coordination with 30 Israeli companies...?

just so you didn't have to say it....

edit on 31-7-2016 by notmyrealname because: just so you didn't have to say it....

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

The way I read the article.
As soon as the robot touched the box, it blew up,
meaning it was a bomb that detonated.

The toolbox is believed to have exploded when the robot touched it. No injuries have been reported.

(taken from the news article in main post)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Talk about creepy synchronicity. I was hopping around movie clips on YT and watched one from Munich (the movie, for clarity here)

I hope nothing beyond this happens, but...you just never know, and Brazil is far from adequately prepared for the Olympics as it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: ColdWisdom

The way I read the article.
As soon as the robot touched the box, it blew up,
meaning it was a bomb that detonated.

The toolbox is believed to have exploded when the robot touched it. No injuries have been reported.

(taken from the news article in main post)

that is what the reporters said also

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm sure Rio hired only the best private security ... GS4. We all know they only hire the best, most stable employees.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Remember too, that Brazilian citizens, at least some of them are angry about having the Olympics there anyway. They are upset about all the money being spent when so many other things are needed.

I saw one vid of a practice of carrying the torch, and some of the citizens were running up with fire extinguishers putting the torch out. As a protest.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Thanks pal. You're a peach.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Don't forget the sailing ramp that collapsed Saturday.
the guardian

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Another news source says the "suspicious package" was detonated by the robot,
and that the robot did the explosion, not the package.

Sounds like they blew up someone's toolbox the way another news source had put it.
Tried linking to it but it has a messed up url to long for ATS.

edit on 31-7-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Another news source says the "suspicious package" was detonated by the robot,
and that the robot did the explosion, not the package.

That is exactly what I suspected. The way it was worded made it difficult to interpret.

So they saw a suspicious box, and they blew it up. But it wasn't a bomb because the bomb came from the robot.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'd say this is more sabotage and terro.

As I understand things the Rio Govt are out of favour with TPTB in Washington. If the Brazilian govt are out of favor with those who would like to see the Olympics a failure for Brazil would certainly dress such an act up as a terro act.

The desired outcome being a halt to all construction work on all Olympic sites that is already at the critical stage of being ready in time for the opening seromnknee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join