It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Muslims Attend Catholic Mass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
In a gesture of solidarity, a group of Muslims including Clerics attended mass near the church in Rouen where the French Priest lost his life. The French Muslim Council called for solidarity to express their disgust at the killing last week. Similar interfaith gatherings were also happening in other parts of France including Notre Dame Cathedral where the Rector of the Mosque of Paris repeatedly called for all to live in peace. This show of compassion and peace is probably much needed in France right now but is it enough? Will these small gatherings help stem the anger?

Muslims Attend Mass

Similar interfaith gatherings were also reported in Italy. Mohammed Ben Mohammed of the Union of Islamic Communities in Italy said at his sermon on Friday

to report anyone who may be intent to damage society. I am sure that there are those among the faithful who are ready to speak up

Like France Italy has also stepped up its supervision of Mosques and is implementing a program to ensure that Imams preach in Italian and are aware of Italian law.

Whilst it may comfort some to see these gestures, we all know it is down to the Imams and what they preach....will they still be preaching peace & tolerance for other religions behind closed doors? Would be interesting to find out

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

The few, the proud, the moderate Muslim.

I am SO glad to be seeing more of this.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Me too....I'm always touched when the Muslims show solidarity with their Christian brothers & sisters whether people think they should or shouldn't is another matter. It will help I'm certain of it but these acts need to remain high profile if we are to survive this onslaught

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This is not the face of a minority. The faces of the minority are hidden by balaclavas, or have Kalashnikovs wedged against their cheeks.

This is normal. This is how human beings react when their communities (which are neither Christian, Atheist, or Muslim, but made up of people from all walks of life, all faiths and no faith) are attacked, when savagery is done amongst their number.

That message is stronger than all propaganda to the contrary. It has to be, or all that is worth anything will be lost.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I see this as a good gesture, but leading to what? Will priests, pastors and imams get together and preach no targeting of priests, pastors and imams. This would be much like agreements to not target political leaders or officers. Yeah, protect that bunch but not the "little" people. Of course it might be a full blown effort, where imams start telling their radicals to back off. I don't know though, organized religion has rarely solved much, except to make really nasty torture tools and of course the correct cooking time per pound of an alleged witch.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
These are the good Muslims and it is indeed comforting to see them showing what side they are on.

If enough moderates in Islam follow suit, then the problem of radicalism and terror will start to go away from within the faith instead of needing outside intervention.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is not the face of a minority. The faces of the minority are hidden by balaclavas, or have Kalashnikovs wedged against their cheeks.

This is normal. This is how human beings react when their communities (which are neither Christian, Atheist, or Muslim, but made up of people from all walks of life, all faiths and no faith) are attacked, when savagery is done amongst their number.

That message is stronger than all propaganda to the contrary. It has to be, or all that is worth anything will be lost.

This right here, we all need to meet each other as human beings, and participate in life together. Not only the religions, the races, the genders, etc., etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This show of compassion and peace is probably much needed in France right now but is it enough?

I say no it is not...it is unfortunate that a few good Muslims are not going to be able to temper the flames that have ignited not only in France but elsewhere. Blame the media for not covering the protesters of Muslims for speaking out against the violence and blame the muslims for allowing this to continue..

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Anyone want to put a bet on with me that those Muslims who attended this Mass are already a top target for the Crazies.?
Either these guys know the risk they are taking and they have balls of steel or they are very... very naive as to the dangerous position they are now in.

One guy get his throat slit up here just for selling Christmas cards and wishing people a happy Easter.

These guys need 24 hour armed protection, heavily armed protection, just in case the crazies decide to go for it.

Like a Moth to a Flame.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The problem is there is no way of knowing which of these muslims are just playing the taqiya game to decieve the dhimmies.

I hope they were thoroughly patted down, sniffed by bomb dogs and wanded with metal detectors.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a great great thing if all religions had something written into a clause that at least once a month you must go see how other religions go about there business...You dont have to pray to anyones particular god. They all kinda operate the same anyway. Pray, bend down, stand up, Sing a bit, pray, bend down stand up, The End.

I'm pretty sure it wwouldn't hurt.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
The problem with that is many mosques and even whole Islamic cities, in the case of Mecca, forbid entry by non-muslims.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
One of the problems with race relations generally is that most of us have no clue who is Sunni who is Shi'ite or even who is Hindu. I can only presume that the Muslims sympathising in France are Shi'ite. Will Sunnis join in the condemnation? I would have thought it fairly unlikely as they would be considered apostate. It takes a brave Muslim to make themselves a target and I feel some Imams & Clerics may find themselves in exactly that position.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Did they check the place afterwards for explosives?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is a great start and effort and has been needed for at least since 9/11. Let's all believe that this is NOT taqiyyia.

One of the articles I read stated that many of the Muslims who attended the service in Rouen, were Ahmadiyya Muslims, a minority sect which differs from mainstream Islam in that it doesn’t regard Muhammad as the final prophet. So the Ahmadiyya sect would interpret the Quran differently.

In any event, a very good show of peace.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The problem with that is many mosques and even whole Islamic cities, in the case of Mecca, forbid entry by non-muslims.

I bit like if you are a member of the Orange order here then. A Orangeman cant enter a Catholic Church, A Catholic is barred from being Prime Minister and can never be King or Queen here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That's great, I'm glad they attended Mass where there were no fanatics.

I am sorry but this is pointless.

Muslims are the only ones who can stop this fanatical rise in their ranks.
Muslim men are the ones running away from their own countries because fanatics are rising.

Get out of the church, go home and fight the cancer you cowards!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The mob usually shows up to funerals of people they put a hit on too.and if you find this offensive consider the concept,end of western civilisation
edit on 31-7-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Catholics are not barred from being PM of UK there is no such law....it is only the Monarch that has to be Anglican

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
That's great, I'm glad they attended Mass where there were no fanatics.

I am sorry but this is pointless.

Muslims are the only ones who can stop this fanatical rise in their ranks.
Muslim men are the ones running away from their own countries because fanatics are rising.

Get out of the church, go home and fight the cancer you cowards!

It's not pointless. In fact, it is an important aspect of the information war against extremism. The more the media reports on these types of events, and the more these communities band together, the better it will be for everyone.

By the way, Muslims are the primary targets of terrorists in the Middle East, and they also make up the majority of forces combating terrorist organisations such as ISIS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join