It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperthymesia-Putting an end to the Mandella Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hyperthymesia is the condition of possessing an extremely detailed autobiographical memory, and should resoundly end any notion of the Mandella effect being anything more than a meme created and parroted by those that just can't admit that their memory is fallible.

Here's a recent article on it..

LINK

Wiki page...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I'm hoping to get in contact with Becky from the article so I can pose some of the Mandela effect questions to her, if she is interested, but in the meantime, discuss and dismiss!

edit on 31/7/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have a friend who makes false memories all the time.. He is well known for it amongst our group.
He will say things like 'do you remember when we did this?' or 'remember when we...'
The things he claims just didn't happen but he honestly believes they did.. It's got to a stage now where we just all agree with him because he is so adamant they happened.
edit on 31/7/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
Characteristics:
"Individuals with hyperthymesia can recall almost every day of their lives in near perfect detail, as well as public events that hold some personal significance to them. Those affected describe their memories as uncontrollable associations; when they encounter a date, they "see" a vivid depiction of that day in their heads. Recollection occurs without hesitation or conscious effort."

People who talk about ME don't have this condition. I would say this condition is pretty rare, whilst ME reported recently reaches gargantuous proportions.

People with hyperthymesia often remember things as they actually were and just have fantastic memory, nothing to do with ME.

Btw, it's a Mandela effect, not 'Mandella'.
edit on 31-7-2016 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Are you sure it's Mandela not Mandella. I clearly Remember his name is spelt Mandella.

Just pulling ya left tit joking
edit on 31-7-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

They most certainly don't have this condition.

Those that do have it, I doubt experience a Mandela effect. Ever, that's the point.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I dig where you're coming from with this, but it still boils down to how much credit we give one person's memories. If she replies to you and says, "Yes dear Chad, I remember Billy Graham's death in the 1980s and poor old Mandela popping his prison clogs in the early 90s." Would that then mean we accept the idea of Mandela Effect?

Also the Mandela guys have it sewn up with the logical feedback loop of different 'timelines.' There's no way to reason with someone who claims privileged knowledge of a different history.

It's a cool angle you've taken and an interesting one too. You know it'll take a cameo role from God to change minds on this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You're probably right, she's not enlightened enough to notice the timeline shift.

But she can remember what book and page a random sentence from Harry Potter is from...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yes, interesting observation. It's most unlikely that a hyperthymestic will be an acolyte of the Mandela effect, and these rare individuals are best placed to debunk it.

It's like a disease spreading all over the internet. There should be a forum somewhere just for Mandela effect enthusiasts to have round-the-clock circle jerks.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You would just have to make sure where they got the information is reliable.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's a cool angle you've taken and an interesting one too. You know it'll take a cameo role from God to change minds on this one.

I'm afraid even god would end up shaking his head and walking away.

@Chadwickus: Hyperthymesia sounds like eidetic memory on steroids.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

They most certainly don't have this condition. Those that do have it, I doubt experience a Mandela effect. Ever, that's the point.

So you don't even know wether or not they experience the ME, and even if any particular person with that condition doesn't, it still does not mean that the ME as experienced by many is not real, by any means.

So how does any of this put an end to the ME?

Very weak attempt that doesn't even make sense.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

I guess you're a supporter of the Mandela effect, it is therefore understandable that you don't get it.

The argument against the Mandela effect is bad memory, this woman, and a handful like her, have impeccable memories. So there's no mistaking what she recalls, no denying it like you're trying to do.

I never said I did know, re-read what I said.

edit on 31/7/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The argument against the Mandela effect is bad memory, this woman, and a handful like her, have impeccable memories. So there's no mistaking what she recalls, no denying it like you're trying to do.

First off, who can check if everything she remembers is correct. Second, where does it say that she doesn't remember some things differently than they are supposed to be? And even if this woman with a supposed impeccable memory doesn't experience the ME then it would simply mean she is from this timeline from the ME point of view.

I never said I did know, re-read what I said.

You were clearly suggesting that this condition, this woman or this article could put an end to the ME theory, which is complete BS.

There is nothing here that could form an argument against the ME. You are just trying too hard to debunk this.

In fact, nothing can really debunk the ME theory just like it can't really be proven. Why don't you get over it Chad, you can't control and debunk everything, especially not with dumb non existent arguments.
edit on 31-7-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Basically you have created a situation where you make it unfalsifiable by saying any and all evidence is simply from the wrong universe.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I didn't create anything. This is what the ME is supposed to entail. If you are going to debunk it then you are going to have to take all the traits into account.

But I like how you obviously feel it's not fair, like I cheated you out of your debunk.

Get over it guys. You can't control everything.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's not my debunk, your post's attitude says pretty much everything needed to say.

So what are all these traits, and what would be an example of evidence that would encompass everything needed to debunk it?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

We just discussed the specific trait, namely that the experiencers are from another timeline/universe. Maybe you should read up on the theory before commenting on it or trying to debunk it.

If you are going to take on the theory don't ignore the parts of the theory that make it hard for you to debunk the theory.

and what would be an example of evidence that would encompass everything needed to debunk it?

Not sure if anything I say registers, cause I just mentioned this too.

You can't prove or disprove it. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I know what it is.

And you just admitted there is no way to disprove it, making me correct, it's unfalsifiable for you. It will be true despite any amount of evidence.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Like I said, you can't prove or disprove it. I am not trying to prove anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

Btw, it's a Mandela effect, not 'Mandella'.

Maybe that's part of the Mandela Effect too!My Brain!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join