It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Today the next installment of the new J.K Rowling epic adventure of Harry Potter is released..

I hope the inspiration for writing continues and her gift of telling a story captivates generations to come..

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

I am gonna get myself a copy, and read about the cursed child..

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I was interested in this until I found out its just the script from the bloated (5 hour long) play.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well to be truthful it wasnt even written by her, they just used her name and universe..

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Fantastic Beasts is written by her, isn't it?

That looks ok, something new, but in the same universe.

A story about an overworked and probably fat Harry Potter doesn't fill me with much interest!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Fantastic beasts is in my bookshelf..

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I will look for it, ty

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
without spoiling anything, the cursed child is largely concerned with the next generation of Harry Potter. With that in mind I feel that this continuation should have opened the door for a novel direction in the series. but it didnt. it felt more like a recycling than it did like a new story. A Reddit user put it bluntly but not inaccurately when they said that JK Rowling got so tired of being asked for a sequel that she gave us a new story so bad we would never ask for another. Sorry Miss rowling.

But if anyone is legitimately interested in a quality continuation to the original Harry Potter series I strongly recommend the fan fiction by G Norman Lippert, also a next generation series. It is not by the original author but it is most certainly a worthy follow-up to the tale we all know and love. It is currently a four-part, soon to be five part series that will be culminating this fall. Hogwarts is waiting, guys and gals. or should I say, wizards and witches?

www.jamespotterseries.com...
edit on 31-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I took my oldest child to midnight releases "back in the day". Since then, his sister (who was born just a few days after the release in 2007) has gotten into the series. Whether or not the new book is good, it gave her a chance to be part of a Potter book release.

So, this can suck the foulest rotten eggs and I'll still be glad we went to the party to retrieve it

Just that fact alone is good enough. My oldest went, too, but he just grabbed a collection of Asimov.

Happy Reading potterheads.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Think ima wait for the movie...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I know we've been building up for the release party stuff at work. Lots of it coming across my desk.

As to whether or not I'll wind up with the book myself? It just sort of reads like Go Set a Watchman scenario to me, especially where Rowling seems to have found her groove in her mystery books.

I have the original series, and I'm reading through the first two with my son. He's a little young to go beyond those two at the moment, but eventually we'll break out the rest for him.

Busy summer for us! We've read HP + Sorceror's Stone, James and the Giant Peach, Frindle, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims, and we're working our way through Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, HP + Chamber of Secrets, and Rush Revere all over again. And that's not counting numerous side trips into his Dr. Seuss and 'Elephant & Piggie,' and 'Ricky Ricotta' books among other picture books he has.

I can't wait until they teach him to read!

new topics

top topics

join