It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Audio TV "Ad" At Hospital Intensive Care in Penn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just got back from lunch with my beloved engineering friend from the church.

Am trying to find out if anyone else has experienced, reliably heard of such a thing anywhere in the US or elsewhere.

My engineering friend's mother is near death and in the INTENSIVE CARE area of the hospital in Penn. Major organ systems were shutting down at age 81. Yet, then there was an inexplicable slight reprieve--something the Docs are mystified by.

Anyway, his sister was sitting nearby watching over their mother with the TV behind her.

THREE DIFFERENT TIMES the sister clearly heard:

"GOD DOES NOT HAVE A PLAN FOR YOU. NO!"

She would turn and look at the TV immediately on hearing the start of the sentence the 2nd & 3rd time and saw nothing unusual on the screen.

She did NOT think it was subliminal as she heard it LOUD AND CLEAR as though it were a 'normal' 'ad' on the TV at a good volume.

It kind of freaked her out.

My engineer friend is into conspiracies at least as much as I am and is wondering . . . what is going on . . . along conspiracy lines.

Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

No, I have never heard of such a thing. Creepy! Did the poor Mother hear this too?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My understanding is that she did. But it's not clear how much it registered or what it meant to her. She's RC as well but not all that devoted, IIRC.

Thanks for your kind reply.

My friend, his sister and I thought it quite creepy, too. Particularly in that setting.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Don't take this is gospel, but I am thinking there is some commercial that has been airing recently that this line is in because I am thinking I might have heard it too and I turned around to look to see what it was and then I saw it was some commercial and the line was being said in reference to some frivolous thing.

That doesn't mean I liked it, but it was more understandable given where we are in the culture.

But I could be thinking of something else. It's just that what you are saying sounds vaguely familiar.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This kind of got me thinking, sounds freaky but it's probably true...

Here's an a nice article that might ease your worries...

The trouble is that in too much evangelical rhetoric, these verses have had a weight put on them that they can't possibly bear. So we're forced into all sorts of mental gymnastics to try to justify the idea that God has a plan for each individual, even when this idea so clearly fails the test of experience. I'm sorry, but I don't believe God's plans for anyone include bereavement, divorce, redundancy or large-scale tragedy.

God does not have a plan for our lives, and we should stop pretending that he has... ChristianToday.com
edit on 29-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

My feeling is that it wasn't the TV.

Strange voices with no apparent source is not uncommon in hospitals.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Sorry, but I fiercely disagree.

David said that The Lord knew him before the foundation of the world . . . and all his days were known/numbered . . . something to that effect.

I don't believe in absolute predestination. Neither do I think we have 100% free will.

But God has a plan . . . and my life goes best when I cooperate with it. I HAVE learned THAT in 70 years.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

imho, that's more than a little plausible.

However, the woman heard the sound coming out of the same region of the TV as the rest of the TV sounds came out of.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Just sayin'...

From someone who practically lived in hospitals for 2 years...I heard and seen some strange sheet.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Just sayin'...

From someone who practically lived in hospitals for 2 years...I heard and seen some strange sheet.

Ooooh, start a thread on that! A lot of us would love to hear about those experiences!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I just find it hard to believe that any ad would include that phrase.

Subliminal means you don't consciously hear it...

So it was either some crap TV you were meant to hear, or not from the TV.

edit on 29-7-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Could be some TV series like Dominion
running on a television, or perhaps a person sitting with a Ipad near the TV

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Evidently it was not a regular program kind of thing.

I'll double check.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Could be some TV series like Dominion
running on a television, or perhaps a person sitting with a Ipad near the TV

I was going to say it could have also been for Preacher on AMC.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PaidShill

AMC? stands for what?

I think American Motors is out of business. LOL.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'd say there is some very real spiritual warfare going on in that place! Her partial recovery, and then this?

Lots of prayer, Id say, is the best plan. Sent some from here.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

No. No evidence of such.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I would suggest that at this time you get some priest of whichever faith you may believe in to give a blessing.

It sounds like you all heard it rather clearly and if you are inclined to believe in life after death, does that not signal something to you ?

Once again I don't know anything about your faith but if I were you I'd get on that right away for her own good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join