It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pooper - It's kinda Like Uber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Baffler has to be my favorite magazine. Today they wrote up an article about the Sharing Economy introducing a new application to disrupt city living.

I can totally get behind this. Sometimes my labradoodle has some really messy squirts and I really don't want to be bothered cleaning it up.

What I discovered was an unsavory delight: the announcement of an app, still in beta, geared towards those too lazy to pick up after their defecating dogs. Its logo is the silhouette of an ice-blue turd emoji underlined by a smile. The concept goes something like this: A dog #s. The dog walker opens the app and takes a picture of the #, which triggers the app to geo-locate said # and dispatch an independent contractor—known as a scooper—to clean it up. Pooper charges its customers and pays its scoopers on a per-# basis. It’s presumably up for debate whether the company will follow Uber’s extortionate model of high-demand “surge pricing” and charge more for #s dispatched by Great Danes than for the more demure specimens supplied by Chihuahuas or, uh, Shih Tzus.

Check it out at Pooper

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why the need for an app, when my neibhors dog #s on my lawn i just scoop it up and throw in is backyard, its a pretty fun game, well i find it fun.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This has got to be a joke.

right?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When I read the title it triggered a memory of my old terrier max. One of my favorite nicknames for him was pooper!
Then I read the OP.
And laughed...

I wonder how much they would charge me for delanea agapita's clean up..
I live at the end of a dead end dirt road on top of a mountain 15 miles from the nearest "town"..

Funny thread!

~ meathead

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

In the UK we treat dog turds like soldiers on the battlefield - never leave a good one behind.

Even though it's a joke and 'Pooper' doesn't exist, I reckon there's a small market there. Someone could hang out at very busy parks and charge a little money for taking care of business. All they'd need is an eye-catching costume and a few bottles of Purell.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This is crazy... who is honestly that lazy. If you can't pick up after your own dog, don't be a pet owner

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I guess the picture is needed to prevent servicing the wrong pile which could lead to disputes and law suits.

"I'm not paying for that crap. My crap is still there."
edit on 7/29/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
haha this is pretty funny! love it. and yes it´s a joke lol

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Even though it's a joke and 'Pooper' doesn't exist, I reckon there's a small market there. Someone could hang out at very busy parks and charge a little money for taking care of business.

There is a service here in New Jersey that has been doing this for years. You just call them and they come out once a week to clean up your yard.

edit on 29-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Even though this may be a joke, i will not be surprised when an actual poop cleaning company realises this can be lucrative. The app itself would not be difficult to design. There are several businesses in my area that clean poop from yards, apartment settings, and businesses.

Although i think this is rediculous and folks should clean their own dog's poop up, i would not stop some ambitious entrepeneur from taking money from rich lazy idiots.

Now when they start calling someone to wipe their own ass, well..... One man's dirty job is another man's paycheck.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I remember reading once about some entrepreneurial kids who would charge people to clean their poopy yards, then compost the poop and sell it for garden manure.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
I remember reading once about some entrepreneurial kids who would charge people to clean their poopy yards, then compost the poop and sell it for garden manure.

I did not hear about that but using dog feces as fertilizer is not ideal. It can lead to all types of issues, chief amongst them is retinal disease. It also lacks potash and has far too much nitrogen. Using the manure of predators is not the best way to cultivate your garden.

edit on 29-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Oh my gosh ... I loved that video. It made me crack up laughing hah

I can imagine that, until this takes off (if it does take off?), people will use the app, and leave the poop ... and bystanders won't know that someone is coming to scoop up the poop. That could cause a stir of complaints.

And then, you could have malicious individuals letting their dogs poop, and 'pretending' to use the app, and leaving .... with no scooper coming.

Could 'pooper' be 'spoofed'?

Great app though hahah

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't have a dog- but I live in close proximity to a bunch of terrible humans who think having dogs is a game.

Wound up posting a few of these:

No crap, literally. Had a few printed on aluminum signs a few years back, and put up some cheap cameras.
Living within city limits, there's actually a $250 fine for leaving dog crap on my lawn- but good luck seeing that enforced. The police would rather throw grenades at babies, or shoot someone for standing up for their freedoms.

new topics

top topics

join