It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of possible futures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
For about a year, this phenomena went away (and I couldn't have been happier), but about 4 months ago it started up again. For some backstory, I think I've always had some psychic attunement. I would frequently see things in my dreams that later came true in life. I've even detailed a few of these events here before. These events always circulate around me, I can't see major events in the future. Instead what I see is my future experiences at some undetermined time in the future.

For example, one involved me moving into a specific apartment in a town 300 miles away, a year before it actually happened (the memory itself involved looking out the apartment window at the view).

These futures aren't immutable though, as I've experienced more of them I've been able to figure out how to avoid them. What I am seeing is my life in the future if I don't make the right change.

The timeline on these futures is always different too. One time I got into my car and saw myself pulling out of the very parking lot I was in, and getting smashed by a truck I didn't see on the road. A minute later I was in that same situation, looked and saw no truck, looked again due to the event and saw the truck. Had I pulled out it would have been bad. With the exception of one that has yet to come true, they have never taken more than 6 months.

The point here is, one of these just happened for me. I knew there was a very high likelihood I would be burgled soon, so I was able to move some of my valuables elsewhere to protect them, and when I came back my apartment was looted. In this situation I was able to save some stuff because of these visions. In others they have been completely trivial.

Back to the OP though, when I see these things it's not like I'm clairvoyant and get glimpses of the future, it's more like I'm remembering a future that has already happened. Not to get too philosophical, but this has some deep implications for the universe. If the future is set, then fate exists, but if we can alter that fate, then we are setting a new universe.

I have no control over what or when I see things that haven't yet taken place but when it happens I take note. Does this happen to anyone else?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
FIVESIGHT!!!!!

Spider Robertson described that very situation in one of his sci-fi short story collections called Callhan's Cross Time Saloon.

Take it for the cursed Blessing it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Why can we never "see" the lotto numbers

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
How do you know some people do or dont...

Think how many times it has been won by someone who picked their numbers instead of a quick pick.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

I'm very self centered and don't pay any attention to the lotto numbers. The events I see are for a second at the most and the lottery is the furthest thing from my mind. If I were controlling those future actions, then sure... but I'm not. I'm seeing parts of my life in the future, and I'm just not a person who cares about the lottery.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If im honest all I see that you are doing is putting togather the info you already have and making use of it. Its very common people do it all the time but dont notice it. Sometimes people put infomation togather after the fact but also dont notice it. Im not saying that you do , but I have seen it happen, even when I told the person they would not belive it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I know people who have the same ability, I would advise you to continue paying attention to the visions, as you already are. They seem to be keeping you out of trouble

The way I understand it, there is no such thing as destiny or one predetermined outcome. There are likely scenarios, yes. I could literally choose to act whichever way I choose to at this point...break up with my girlfriend, quit my job, kill myself! But that's not likely. We each have two or three likely/possible paths ahead of us at any point, and we choose our paths constantly, as you did.
I believe this is why psychics can never be right 100% of the time...it's because you can choose different. Whether or not you do is up to you.

Another interesting point. I am not sure if you have read any of the Dolores Cannon books? The subject matter may be a bit further than you are willing to stretch your beliefs, I'd recommend them anyways
In one of her books she provides the transcript of a channeled conversation she had with Nostradamus. Long story short, he described physical reality as a sort of series of strings, each string being a different path/outcome. On one string we may have achieved intergalactic travel and on another we may have already annihilated ourselves. What's interesting is that he says that all strings start from one point, move out in various directions, but converge every now and then....before moving out again. Essentially what this means is that there are certain inevitable events in our reality, something that all strings will experience. I suppose this could be an asteroid impact that wipes out all life, or the dying of the sun, who knows.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Within the last few weeks I've had a few particular dreams that deal with this. I vaguely remember these dreams, just the main point actually lol.

First dream, i dont recall the date, I saw my mom's husband and he looked like he had lost weight. I go to her house that same day, I look on her fridge and see a diet plan. Come to find out it was his. I guess he had told a coworker recently he wanted to lose 30 lbs before hunting season. Numbers aside, the weight he told me in the dream compared to what his real weight is was roughly 30 lbs. That's the end of that dream.

Second dream dealt with a coworker. Shes been out of work the past few weeks. Last week I thought she was coming back this week. I work a graveyard and took a nap before work last sunday, but before I layed down I had texted her asking her if she was coming in. I woke up to a text saying another week she'd be back. During the dream I just had this gut feeling that it was going to be another week, like someone had told me, but no one actually did.

I know these are super minor, but it's still quite odd.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I have dreams like this often. I described one or 2 on ATS. No happenings of great importance, but I dream them and they happen. Usually about 3 days later. Runs in the family. My grandmother would say something like 'dream it on a wednesday, it will happen on Saturday'.

It is possible I am 'remembering the future' rather than forseeing the future. I think physicists would agree.

edit on 29-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I have never dreamt lotto numbers. But I did dream of going to a particular store and winning $750 on a scratch off.

That store is not very close to me, but was on my way home from work. I went there 3 days after the dream and bought the scratch off ticket that most matched from my dream. I won $750.

I returned the next day and won something like $350.

All of my friends and family are familiar with this. I bought a large Intex pool right after with my winnings. The store put my name on a clover shaped cut out on the wall.

I imagine some people do dream actual numbers.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I had two instances related to Deja's vu. One happened a few years before I actually went to boot camp. I dreamed of looking out a window and seeing a group of trainees marching. And at that time didn't know what to make of the dream because I had not yet made plans to join the military. Until years after the fact. And when I didn make the decision I didn't remember the dream until I was in boot camp at that very moment looking out the window and watching a group of trainees march on by and I thought to myself I really did dream this before. It's bizarre how Deja's vu and some dreams come to be.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

You probably can with enough inner development and understanding of the mechanic behind, if you know how to work with prana(lifeforce), then materialization of any smaller object is possible(Like Jesus turning water into whine, ''miracles'' do have a logic explanation and is not fiction unlike what the scientist from the materialism school of thought today believe). However, it's enterily pointless from a spiritual point of view to satisfy material needs or impress worldly folks who are spiritually asleep or unaware of their inner being. It's against self-interest to seek pleasures in the temporal food water made physical body if you know where to find truth/bliss and end the cycle of the karmic prison we refer to as reality.

So, the few individuals alive today with the required skill level to pull it off are the ones you're never gonna see take advantage from something trivial like winning the lotto, unless specifically needed to help someone in a critical hard life situation(Again seen from spirit development perspective, not to save someone's temporal physical existence or empower their wordly desires).

This small text helps illustrate the point, from autobiography of an yogi.

"Master, you are wonderful!" A student, taking his leave, gazed ardently at the patriarchal sage. "You have renounced riches and comforts to seek God and teach us wisdom!" It was well-known that Bhaduri Mahasaya had forsaken great family wealth in his early childhood, when single-mindedly he entered the yogic path. "You are reversing the case!" The saint's face held a mild rebuke.

"I have left a few paltry rupees, a few petty pleasures, for a cosmic empire of endless bliss. How then have I denied myself anything? I know the joy of sharing the treasure. Is that a sacrifice? The shortsighted worldly folk are verily the real renunciates! They relinquish an unparalleled divine possession for a poor handful of earthly toys!"

edit on 29-7-2016 by Omnik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The feeling that time, although unidirectional for us, has, in a sense, already happened is brilliantly encapsulated in this track. It's one of my favourites and always gives me goosebumps.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I have, once, but I wasn't playing. Only saw the significnce afterwards.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is possible I am 'remembering the future' rather than forseeing the future. I think physicists would agree.

They're both right, future of past, the objective value of time is 0. We are used to comprehend reality by our subjective experience, which is alright, though it is not real. For the unus mundus there is not such thing as future or past, there is only the everpresent. Our intellectual observation of things brought us the idea that events are either past, present, or future. Yet we are just prisoners of our itellect. Every event is only present to itself and we can only leran this in circumstances where w can play willingly with time itself. Like on REM. Otherwise we stay trapped in our chains of time, which is fine I guess... unless we take it too much serious, and start abusing others, because our personal fears from "the future".

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
great thread! I have had several dreams of the "future" (I have epilepsy, so I forget a LOT of those dreams...) but the most recent one....I had a dream of living in the desert....I assumed Tucson because of the Saguaro cactus I saw in my dream...(I miserably lived in Phoenix in the mid to late 80's and hated every second of it....my ex husband may have something to do with that....)...so I was pretty shocked about the dream......imagine my shock when my husband gets a call from a company in Tempe, AZ....he interviewed there on Monday. (He is also up for a job only 2 hours away on his hometown of Milwaukee, too....MY choice...since I don't care for heat.......) But he heard back from the company last night and things are looking like we're moving to AZ......

My "Auras" before I have a grand mal seizure....involve a strange sense of Deja Vu.......I stopped believing in an after life after having those seizures because of the complete black...the I am here one second....aware and awake.....and the next second....like I never "left" I in a hospital or with my husband crying over me (I stop breathing when I have them)...with NO recollection at all of what happened.......and then, for two weeks after the seizure, I will have strange meaningless memories bubble up from my brain...things so mundane...that happened DECADES ago.....

my 2 cents and story..

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

When I was back in school I had a friend who had these type of premonitions. They were often a warning of a dangerous event (of varying degrees) to come. I remember one that involved a fall. She dreamed she was climbing a ladder in the supply room when she hears one student say a particular phrase, followed by the teachers response as she opened the door to the supply room, knocking my friend off the ladder. In the dream she fell on her head and was injured badly.

Not long after this, she is in the supply room getting something off the top shelf. She hears the same student say the phrase, then the teachers same reply, and braces herself as the door swings open. She fell but only landed on her hip. These happened enough that she knew to believe the warnings and pay attention. I remember an ominous dream about a float trip that would be a tragedy if she went. I don't remember the outcome other than the fact that she trusted these dream warnings enough to refuse to go. I imagine her not going changed the course of events for the others as well.

It's hard not to get too philosophical with this. Is your near future self that this happened to, sending back a warning subconsciously to your current dreaming self, to change the course of events? Is the future and the past all happening at this very moment as Einstein believed? Is synchronicity somehow related to this - little signs and nudges from your future self telling you you're on the right path?

If this were true, it stands to reason that our current selves are doing this now to our past selves too. I don't feel like I am doing that. But do we have to be aware of our own warnings to ourselves? Could these warnings be launched by our own sense of regret - "I wish I had stayed home," or "I wish I had braced myself before that door opened." Does that wish cross over subconsciously through this four dimensional space-time structure of "now" and arrive as a warning in a dream? Would that mean some are better at it than others? Do they wish more intensely, or have a deeper sense of regret than average? Or are they more susceptible than average on the receiving end?

So many questions and no answers.

But in the end, this is what is commonly called precognition, or a precognitive dream. Clairvoyance would be more like knowing that your Aunt a thousand miles away just died, at the moment of the event.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have tuned into 2050 and saw this: a lonely guy walking his dog and it's rainy. I then proceeded to "feel my waÿ around". There a way less people, technology is small and practicle. I simply can't notice if there are cities. The predominant thing that I feel is peace and quite. And people living together in small villages where they work together as some sort of community.

Now when I tune into 2100 I see a city at night, with round lights attached to tall buildings. The atmosphere is kinda tense. And I sense the presence of way more people than in 2050.

I have gone a lot of times back to 2050 and 2100, always to find the same stuff.
edit on 31-7-2016 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join