It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may have violated Logan Act

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Democratic Senator Clair McCaskill thinks Donald Trump should be investigated for asking Russia to find and release Clinton's deleted emails.

Mediaite

“Well, it’s very clear to me that Donald Trump is unfit and, frankly, I think he’s dangerous,” she told Andrea Mitchell. “I believe that there’s a chance he violated the law with what he said, inviting a cyber attack of Russia, a dictator who has violated all of our principles of liberty and freedom in Russia.”

“The notion he would invite a foreign nation to conduct an attack against our country, it’s just beyond the pale. And I believe it violates the Logan Act and he should be investigated for that. I don’t think it was a joke at all,” she concluded.

The Logan Act 18 US Code 953 Private Correspondence with Foreign Governments

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

It's odd that Trump is held to different standards. Why do conservatives not hold him accountable for his poor choices?

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
LOL

Trouble is he never made any "invites".

This is all coming from the Clinton Campaign.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti
wow all the sh** Hillary did, and they think trump should be investigated for sarcasm... how pathetic

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Dems better watch out.

George McGovern, Jim Wright and Jesse Jackson start the list nicely.
They have all violated it.... actually violated it.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If they do prosecute, the whole world will mock them.
Talk of making mountains out of molehills...
The belly-laugh will stretch across continents, and cause an earthquake in Yellowstone.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Lol.

Hillary has done business and accepted donations/bribes from countless foreign countries and dictators, some in exchange for influence in those countries, including Russia!, and you're sitting here asking why Trump is held to different standards over a sarcastic comment?

Is this the best you can drum up?

Do you even follow politics? Have you even heard of Hillary?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Nice try, but the hacking has already occurred, how can you invite an attack from the past?

Trump is now a time traveler and Hitler?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
wow all the sh** Hillary did, and they think trump should be investigated for sarcasm... how pathetic

Amazing isn't it?

Trump by day 3 has dominated the DNC, sent the media into a frenzy with buzzwords like "emails". Hillary's moment in the spotlight hijacked by Trump with one simple statement. That is also amazing, how easy he controls the narrative and how willing the media is to grant him the air time, it's almost like they would eat their own babies if it got them ratings.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Just another case of panic spin by NWO/TPTB spokepersons who know 100% their days are numbered.

I have known Putin and Trump are communicating regularly and absolutely NO concerns.

Are you a NWO backer?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So,

The deleted 'private' emails, which according to the DNC are now related to National Security, would be a crime for Hillary to have deleted in the first place. These 'private' emails, which have been deleted, are now somehow floating around on the internets somewhere?

Would that mean Hillary is hiding these 'private' emails, which are now related to National Security, which would be a crime for Hillary to have hidden/deleted in the first place?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Republicans like to violate the Logan Act that's all. Reagan, Bush, Oliver North, Trump, the 47 Senators with the Iran letter. The list just goes on and on.

Nothing ever comes of it though, it's just a law in spirit rather than something we actually enforce.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't know if Trump violated the Logan Act, but I do know if a dem had done what Trump just did, ATS would be overrun with howls and calls of treason and foaming at the mouth.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
dems find loopholes to allow $hillary to run, yet want to find faux loopholes for the Trump saying what a lot of people hope for?

lest we forget how the server bs got swept up quickly after that meeting between bill and lynch.

politics is becoming like online forums, where no one can be wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If I were the Russians and actually had those emails I would post them to a website. Let the entire world see what she was trying to hide. If they were all what Hillary said they were then she has no real problems now does she?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

YEP he's SURE done that...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another thread starting with "Trump may have....." Pretty soon, he'll catch up with the number "Hillary may have...." threads.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

From that description, it seems like Hillary must have violated that law many, many times!

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly

Sounds like a private server in a basement that has classified materials on it.

Thank YOU op.

CLinton VIOLATED the Logan Act.

LOCK HER UP!

LOCK HER UP!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Democratic Senator Clair McCaskill thinks Donald Trump should be investigated for asking Russia to find and release Clinton's deleted emails.

Your OP is completely false and inaccurate.

Trump said if you have them release them because the person that SHOULD have released them won't do it herself.

Is a Yeti a form of troll? Just curious about your screen name.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Look, he baited the DNC. They took the bait and admitted there is national security info in those 30K plus emails. Said it was a "national security issue" in an official statement. He got them. It was a nice play by Trump no matter what angle you view it from. Hillary said there was NO classified info in those emails. NONE. Just yoga stuff and emails from Bill.

He never directly asked Russia for emails so unless they have that (which they don't) they have nothing but egg in their face. They are trying to fight back but there is nothing to fight back with. Taxes? Really...NOBODY CARES, they have been on him for over a year about it. He won the nomination. It is also not required to by law to release tax info. Make it a law then you got something but that will never happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join