It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls From Rx Express: I Find this Creepy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I kept getting callls from 201-730-9067. I would answer and say I wasn't home and take a message. It is similar to a number that was calling me about solar panels. Which I was interested in at one time, but I'm not since I am moving into a smaller place.

I looked the number up on google yesterday, some people complained it was telemarketing from RX Express offering them 'topical pain creams' that are covered by insurance. Today, when they called, I decided to ask what it is they want from me. Who knows, maybe I could try a cream for my knees? Maybe they are like the scooter chair people or contact lens people who really do this stuff and handle the insurance end? I thought maybe.

They were not offering me any pain creams. They knew, somehow what insurance I had (no, not Obamacare) and my doctor's name. They asked if there was a family history of diabetes, heart disease, obesity, etc., I said no. The guy says, great. "But you would be surprised how many poeple have those genetic markers." They wanted to Fed Ex me a genetic testing kit free of charge, no credit card information. It would also be processed for free with free return shipping and that they would handle insurance billing.

My tinfoil hat started sparking. I do not want my insurance company to know what may possibly ever happen to me. I am not sure I want to know either. I told them to remove me from the list and that I certainly did not want it.

Has an yone else gotten this call? How would it make you feel?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Has an yone else gotten this call?

Nope. I get calls for boner medicine and to purchase an extended warranty on a car I have not owned since 2009.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hi Relda again...I think youre missing an important point. The fact that you pick up at all? That keeps those calls coming. Either dont answer, dont pickup...or just pick up-say nothing and hang up. Hopefully they will eventually stop.

Its the picking up the call that keeps them calling. Now they know youre there, so they wont quit. I get a zillion of those each day....even my city-issued cell phone gets calls everyday at 11:00 a.m. asking if I want to lower my credit card interest rate....Its a CITY ISSUED cell phone!.

Dont answer, or just hang right up! I know its a pain by you gotta do it....Best....

MS

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: reldra
Has an yone else gotten this call?

Nope. I get calls for boner medicine

Glad I'm not the only one!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The military went from spending $23 million on compounded drugs in 2010 to $1.7 billion by the first nine months of the 2015 fiscal year.

Tricare stopped paying for the controversial pain creams – a big business for pharmacies like RXpress – in May 2015 so that federal authorities could investigate fraud suspicions. The government also suspended Tricare payments to some pharmacies, saying they filled prescriptions for doctors who may not have even seen patients.

But RXpress and other pharmacies quickly spun off a new line of business involving lab tests — and Tricare is picking up the tab. Tricare is now spending millions of dollars for DNA tests that use a cheek swab to measure one’s cancer risk and reactions to certain drugs.

Although lucrative for pharmacies, genetic tests have shown mixed results. And federal officials suspect fraud is also creeping into that industry.

Source

This is a whole different thing altogether.
edit on 28-7-2016 by thesungod because: is

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Sounds like they got the data from either the insurance company or the doc you use. Either way, that's a privacy violation, and, yeah, creepy as all get out! Never got one like that, but then, I ignore unknown numbers, too, so unless they left a recorded message, I'd never know.

new topics

top topics

join