It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while we debate who the next commander in chief is going to be.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We are still fighting in Afghanistan and we quickly forget what's going on with the troops stationed oversees..It's a short rant but this is so frustrating that we have boots on the ground in the middle east. Part of me says just let it fall apart..

With that said two US soldiers were killed from small arms fire from individuals wearing Afghanistan Security Forces uniforms..
Link

After reading the article and seeing what is going on around the world wouldn't the money be better spent just protecting the airports and the borders? As noted in this other airforcetimes article we are spending 4 billion a year on Afghanistan Security (whatever that means) and things have been getting progressively worse for our neighboring countries..

Link

It's really depressing that we are fighting a war that has been going on both clandestinely and openly since probably the 70's with the middle east..and I truly believe it's all in the name of the mighty dollar. So because of corporate greed we have two more young men dead..and the media seems silent on the issue..

So while the country tears itself apart two more families have to question during the burial of their sons..was it all worth it??
edit on 28-7-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

edit on 7/28/2016 by Klassified because: changed my mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
After reading the article and seeing what is going on around the world wouldn't the money be better spent just protecting the airports and the borders? As noted in this other airforcetimes article we are spending 4 billion a year on Afghanistan Security (whatever that means) and things have been getting progressively worse for our neighboring countries..

Must remember ... It has nothing to do with protecting anything or promoting anything ... save corporate business interests and bottom lines.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I have my own interests as well. The rare Earth's in Afghanistan could give the US a hedge against the Chinese monopoly. That means we would actually be able to compete i manufacturing against their subsidized supply, which is why everyone had to move to China to build in the first place. Anyone that wanted those metals had to build there.

Instead of wasting the last eight chasing ghosts in Syria, Yemen, Somalia, and Syria, we should have doubled down in Afghanistan and given the rest of the country the opportunity to enjoy the personal freedoms gained in the Capitol.

plus, opium you know

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Klassified

I have my own interests as well. The rare Earth's in Afghanistan could give the US a hedge against the Chinese monopoly. That means we would actually be able to compete i manufacturing against their subsidized supply, which is why everyone had to move to China to build in the first place. Anyone that wanted those metals had to build there.

Instead of wasting the last eight chasing ghosts in Syria, Yemen, Somalia, and Syria, we should have doubled down in Afghanistan and given the rest of the country the opportunity to enjoy the personal freedoms gained in the Capitol.

plus, opium you know

Because.. Opium. How else is the CIA and NSA going to get all those fancy black budget toys. You know, the budget that Congress never sees.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
we could hire a lot of border guards for 4 billion a year.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Electric shock wiring would work better.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We still have troops in Iraq too. promises promises right

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
My old unit is going on a second deployment in the relatively near future.

We're not done there by a long shot. But the commitment to actually win there has been tentative at best, not existent in our politicians.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We're not allowed to protect our borders. That's racist.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The media only does body counts when a Republican is POTUS, cameras capturing every body bag coming off of the planes, interviews with bereaved family every evening. Obama is immune, just like Hillary doesn't have to do any press conferences.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No the commitment went out the window to both Afghan and Iraq once the admin changed over. A damn shame, it was that foolish thought that we could just up and leave and ignore the leaders to their own whim that gave rise to ISIS and re empowered the Taliban. The Taliban and anyone that supports them are thinking wishfully if they believe they have any stake in Afghanistan future.

Trump knows we need to commit to the mission there, and I feel he will divert the resources necessary so that all the sacrifices are not in vein.

top topics

join