It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did jesus say this

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro
No pastor I know of is called father. that is limited to Roman Catholicism.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Mary had four other sons and at least two daughters.

Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

So she did have intimate relations with one man Joseph just not God via the Holy Ghost.

Sin nature comes through the man. Jesus had not sin nature as a man because his Father was God.
edit on 29-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: windword

Paul is speaking figuratively,

You know the thoughts of the dead? Are you a necromancer because demons sometimes appear as who you want (I hear).

making an illustration. The Roman Catholic Church introduced referring to a priest/pope as father.

Nope, that was Paul who said "I am your father" and even Catholic priests only mean it figuratively so same same.

Example, we call the people who first led and wrote about the church "early church fathers", but nobody I'm aware of would say "father Polycarp" or "father Irenaeus". It's a figure of speech in that regard.

You do, I don't. I call them lying deviants.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn I'm not agreeing/disagreeing or arguing your post, as the personal private details of family relations, in my mind are just that, personal.
I just don't need to discuss this.
some souls need peace from journalist endeavors so they might find peace.
have a good day.🎏

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
in the bible jesus said to call no one on earth father for you have but one father and he is in heaven.

he also said to pray to your father in secret and your father hears you in secret.

but he also said no one comes to the father except through me.

The 'father' is what is present and knowing - what is knowing there is text appearing, sound, colour, sensation?

When seeing an awesome sunset look to what is seeing it.

The 'father' can only be come by, by looking through 'me' - not by looking 'out there'.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

I don't have to know the thoughts of the dead, of course he was speaking figuratively because he wasn't literally anyone's father.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

WHAT!!! are you talking about?

I mentioned Mary had relations with Joseph because thinking she didn't she didn't was wrong.

then I made a remark about sin nature.

I made no remarks about journalistic needs or private details about relations.

Talk about misinterpretation at its best.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Mary had relationships with lots of men. Romans got to hit it for free. Jews had to pay.

Thats why jesus sent god die to five his sins

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn one of many talents! Lost my train of thought, WHAT? Are you writing about? Whatever... have a great day, thank you for the reply.
On topic, Why did Jesus say what? My tablet is to blame, can't book mark or return to op without having to edit.
TLM...
Yes, now that I reread the OP, I see where there was thread drift...
So I posted in another post on first page I believe... my thoughts on the Op
And my sentiments remain the same. Parents are not God... God is God.
edit on 29-7-2016 by peppycat because: Father of the son and the holy spirit

With all due respect to the Earthen human mother, Mary mother of God.

edit on 29-7-2016 by peppycat because: Mary mother of Christ, Jesus

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
all just lies and un-provable.

I will take the preserved word of God over yours, Gnosisisfaith

Lu 1:26 ¶ And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Pretty clear she had not relations with any man before the holy Ghost. And later Joseph took her and had four sons and at least two daughters from her before he died.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
all just lies and un-provable.

As is her very existence.

I will take the preserved word of 6od over yours, Gnosisisfaith

I would think you a fool if you didn't think the Bible was actually the preserved word of God. I like preserved in brine feta cheese so I know how reliably things can be presereved. Too bad the original copies weren't though, huh?

Knowledge of God (Gnosis) is greater than faith not equal.

LucfLer:26 ¶ And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin esmoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Pretty clear she had not relations with any man before the holy Ghost. And later Joseph took her and had four sons and at least two daughters from her before he died.

That is some fine typing of a books contents. Fantastic job.
edit on 30-7-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You my firend are nothing more than one what does not have God in his knowledge

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Like I said same same.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join