It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel rules out migrant policy reversal after attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Recent attacks in Germany involving asylum-seekers would not change its willingness to take in refugees, Chancellor Angela Merkel has said. She said the attackers "wanted to undermine our sense of community, our openness and our willingness to help people in need. We firmly reject this".

BBC news

They say insanity is doing the same failed thing over and over. Well mad Merkal pretty much fits that definition!

She lost the plot and gone crazy it seems!

Everyday I'm more and more glad the UK voted to cut ties to these lunatics so we can distance ourselves from there insanity.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

they didn't call her "Mad Merkel" for her temper
Her handlers are in charge anyway, the globalist's agenda is moving along nicely.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like terrorist attacks will only increase in Europe.

I'm all for letting legitimate refugees from the minority groups (primarily the Shia) terrorised by anti-government forces in Syria in. The flood of Sunni economic migrants exploiting it from places like Pakistan and other random countries needs to be stopped.

There needs to be a vetting process in place. There are no checks on these people. The terrorists are slipping in with the rest of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What a racist, islamaphobic, bigoted, xenophobic hateful post that was!

Safe space required

A reply to: Ats member, ohanka.
edit on 28-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The other problem aside form the vetting is they are getting little support to settle or integrate.

They are just left to roam Europe. The situation little much improved from where they came from expect they don't have the war part, but they still have the poverty and desperation.

Poverty and alienation in a society will lead itself to resentment and latter on violence and crime.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well. And giving in to terrorist demands would be a sane decision? How is discarding our human rights and more of the same old devide & conquer going to help anyway?

This constant state of fear you're peddling fits said definition of madness as well, 150000 syrian refugees in Germany as of yet. We're probably all dead and talking in hell right now...

I never thought I 'd defend 'Merkels' policy and I don't need to, as she didn't invent basic human rights in the first place. But she surely looks like a great scapegoat, I don't blaim you for that. And I'm up to critizise the neoliberal agenda that created this migrant crisis in the first place, as it's rather a red tape crisis when you look into it.

I'll take my Brexit for now, thanks for all the fish & chips!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Worth reading this, www.dailymail.co.uk... celebrated-German-psychiatrist.html

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I agree. There needs to be a system created to screen, facilitate transport for, and settle the legitimate refugees.

If we're going to settle refugees, we need to do it properly.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, Chancellor Merkel is still holding on to her Christian credo.
I didn't expect any surprises there.

At least her "sine ira et studio"-approach I can get behind.

The 9-point-plan won't work if the first point (fight against the causes of flight) fails, because she continues to reprimand each and every of her Ministers that speaks up against said causes (ie. Sigmar Gabriel criticizing Saudi Arabia, Steinmeier citicizing the USA, Özdemir criticizing Erdogan...)

We should have turned a broad strip of land in southern Bavaria into Lebanon at the very beginning.
We should have stood firm against the "War of terror".
She should have gotten everyone on bord on day one.
edit on 28-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

That's all quite true.
I don't know or understand what Merkel is thinking and I find it really hard to believe she hasn't lost a lot of popular support.

But here's the worst part for "Europeans".........the horrible aftershocks to their economies. But for Germany, the EU economies are in the toilet, stuck in near zero growth. Bank stocks are in the commode and interest rates are in negative territory. What's worse is that investors are moving capital out of the EU zone at a rapid pace and parking their funds in US treasuries. Also bad is the fact that there's been a huge drop in tourism, and this during the peak season and tourism is a huge part of the EU zone economy and a huge source of foreign funds.

Merkel's actions can only mean 2 things. 1) there will be increasing ISIS attacks throughout the EU and 2) the economic malaise will only worsen.

Bad deal all round.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yup glad the UK saw the signs and jumped the sinking ship.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

We should have stood firm against the "War of terror". She should have gotten everyone on bord on day one.
a reply to: ColCurious

That was Schröder, she played along all the time. And he's doing quite well, thanks to those fertile gas-relations with Vlad the Impaler, as she will probably sit on her veranda in Texas one day...

Crooked house of cards, that's what it is. The german economy is striving thanks to this Total War plus 'refugee-wave', but we could exploit both business models way more than we do. Frankly, I'd guess that's exactly what all this slander is about, and I woulnd't be surprised if this society would descent further into barbarism either. But it aint too late yet, innit?

Have a nice ride anyway and don't give up!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Quite right what is happening in especially Germany is that people are not holidaying there and with the fear increasing and disruption this will ultimately have a negative affect on productivity and investment. If Germany's economy stumbles then the EU is in severe trouble.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Whether people like it or not you have identified a major problem with the refugees that are sunni muslems in that they have the Saudi backing of wahabism which is so radical and extreme its not something Saudi should export - except that like its oil its been doing terrific business in mosques with wahabi imams in situ also and these which are the ones where the arms are found in, are being set up all over the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

basic human rights

Can you qoute the part that says that any particular country is supposed to take in 100's of thousands of refugees?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Crooked house of cards, that's what it is. The german economy is striving thanks to this Total War plus 'refugee-wave'

And how is that exactly?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And giving in to terrorist demands would be a sane decision?

What terrorist demands would she be giving into?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If you remember they were welcomed in Germany very warmly until the rapes etc started so had great help and a friendly atmosphere to help integration initially, but people have grown cautious, especially of groups of cocky young men now they are exposing part of their nature.

I honestly don't know what could have been done to help integration in Germany. If you look at the muslims who have come to the UK, many prefer to live virtually in only muslim areas with absolutely no integration especially from the muslim side and even services like fire fighters have reported being threatened in muslim areas if they answer a call there.

Germany took too many too fast without any form of vetting and that is something I wonder about a lot. Merkel had time to set up a vetting service but chose not too, she knew these numbers were on their way - so why didn't she make more provision to see who was coming?

I do feel there has been some form of sly experiment on multiculturalism that took no account of people's culture and those living in a religious governed way. In the West our laws outstrip religions but for a large part of the immigrant groups their own religious laws over rule wherever they live. That Merkel must, as a leader politicians have known this and should have been on the ball about it - what did she think would happen with these hoards of young men travelling across Europe alongside a small proportion of families. In fact just the number of families who travelled with these hoards should have warned her security forces and herself what was afoot.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBoogieMan

Thanks for asking.

Article 14. (1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution. (2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Germany's arms exports rise to 7.5 billion euros

The Money Trails

Revoking migrant laws (basic human rights) for more delusional savety, how is that none of your concern?
edit on 28-7-2016 by PublicOpinion because: added UN-charta

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
That was Schröder, she played along all the time.

Yup.
Schröder listened to Richard Alff, while Chancellor Merkel prefers other sources.
edit on 28-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join