It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Are Free Because Republicans Voted For It Yet They Support Democrats! Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
The civil rights act is what changed how people identified with the two parties so that African Americans got behind the democrats, and many southern caucasions decided they liked the republican party better. The republican party was indeed the party of Lincoln, abolition and temperance. The republican party of Lincoln did not in fact become the modern democratic party. That is a fabrication of modern leftists and nothing but political chicanery. So, its really simpler than anyone makes it out to be if one doeant discount parts of history in order to form false political narratives.

And wasn't MLK a Republican?

Ya don't hear that mentioned a lot.

At least, I don't remember it coming up too much.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Then how do you explain the fact that they did flip flop. This in no way is an insult to your party. The 2 parties were completely different a hundred years ago. This took years to happen, it was very gradual. And it could happen again.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: sirlancelot

Because black people don't owe their vote to a party because of something that happened in the 1800's.

But apparently every white person owes them reparations for things that were done to them back then, not personally mind you, but because of what was done to others.. /sarc

This is exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Then how do you explain the fact that they did flip flop. This in no way is an insult to your party. The 2 parties were completely different a hundred years ago. This took years to happen, it was very gradual. And it could happen again.

I assume you're trying to be funny, so I'll laugh..HA..haha..HAHAHA

With me you're wasting your time following the manipulative philosophy
of Joseph Goebbels "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it,
people will eventually come to believe it"

I doubt it will dissuade your inclination for dishonesty, but the fact of
the matter is repeating the same lie over and over doesn't make it true.

Sorry, but I know the truth concerning this topic.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yes, the parties did switch, it took many years, and it happened in fits and starts - it wasn't overnight and all at the same time.

If time allows, this is a pretty interesting write-up of the history of the Republican party.

www.iiipublishing.com...

One part I found fascinating:

There were two important effects of the Civil War upon the Republican Party (aside from the lasting effects of winning the war).

First, it became the party of Big Government and high taxes. It favored a centralized national government over state and local governance. The Republican war effort required high taxes to pay for men and their supplies, and that supported the industrialization process that went along with war. It became closely tied to northern manufacturing interests, which included a greatly enlarged class of millionaires created by war profiteering. Second, it took on the virtuous role of favoring the abolition of slavery and the improvement of the lives of economically deprived citizens, both Negro and those of European descent. This role is highlighted by the Homestead Act of 1862, which provided free land to western settlers.

Wow, who would have ever thought the Republican party would be in favor of big government and high taxes, much less in favor of helping the needy with "hand outs"....

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
a reply to: veracity

With me you're wasting your time following the manipulative philosophy
of Joseph Goebbels "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it,
people will eventually come to believe it"

I doubt it will dissuade your inclination for dishonesty, but the fact of
the matter is repeating the same lie over and over doesn't make it true

Please follow your own advice 😊

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well, the people that should have apologized and the people that should have been apologized to are all long dead so none of this matters in 2016.

No, they are not, segregation was only abolished in the '60s, which means only 50 years ago black people were treated as inferior and suffered physical and psychological abuse, because it was legal or not punishable to do so.

So many of the people who should be apologized to are still alive.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: Cygnis

Because black people don't owe their vote to a party because of something that happened in the 1800's.

But apparently every white person owes them reparations for things that were done to them back then, not personally mind you, but because of what was done to others.. /sarc

The thing is the US gov never really officially closed the book and made things right. It was just like "yay, you're equal now!"

It should have been followed by a heart felt apology rather than anger and resentment.

I mean come on. If Germany can pay reparations for WW2 the US could have done something a bit more classy...

Well, the people that should have apologized and the people that should have been apologized to are all long dead so none of this matters in 2016.

First of all, history will always matter.

Also, its more of a question of ethics. Anyone can have the middle school small-minded mentality and think " well, I didn't do it, out of sight out of mind, I don't owe anyone an apology..."

But if you have ethics and compassion then you feel sorry for what happened to the slaves out of sheer empathy and understanding of human kind.

I in no way have any connections to native Americans, however, when I found out in the 1960's that our government used to take away fresh born babies from their Native Indian mothers for white families to adopt in order to force conformity, I was so upset, I cried and could not believe how shady and backwards our government was. How could my fellow human beings be so ignorant and cruel. I in no way owe an apology to no one, however, my compassion is bigger than my ignorance and I feel for the Indian families that were broken up bc of this awful policy.
edit on 30-7-2016 by veracity because: mispells

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Oh, but white people today DO owe black people today for something that happened in the 1800s?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

The way I understand it is that Democrats did an apparent flip flop during the Civil Rights era because they realized their hostile racist policies were flying less and less. Taking up LBJs quote"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them 'n-word's voting Democratic for the next two hundred years"

And voila, here we are today with that Democratic legacy of using social welfare to garner the black vote and keep Democrats in power.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

No, they are not, segregation was only abolished in the '60s, which means only 50 years ago black people were treated as inferior and suffered physical and psychological abuse, because it was legal or not punishable to do so.

So many of the people who should be apologized to are still alive.

OK, fine, they're not all dead, but the people alive today grew up in a world where that was not tolerated. It's been 50+ years SINCE the civil rights movements, that means most of the people who are making decisions today were born after all of that was happening, and they have brought those attitudes with them. You also have to consider that people who were born 50 + years ago were children growing up after that point as well, so their attitudes are actually more in line with 10-15 years AFTER the end of all those horrible things going on.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

And it does appear to be happening again

We've got a long time conservative pretending to be a liberal running as the Democratic nominee... and we've got a long time liberal pretending to be a conservative running as the Republican nominee

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The ideologies of the political parties have changed with time.
The Republicans went from the party of Lincoln to the party of George Wallace is a few generations. As you can see by the blatant racism coming from Republicans since President Obama's election, Republicans are no longer the party that freed the slaves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join