It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did I create such a morbid story when I was a child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I liked to create many characters, there was this one character a factory manager who was human and he was sent to prison because this guy slandered him. One day these people broke into the prison, beat this poor man up, and hung him from a tree. I was about 4 or 5 when this was in my head and dreams clearly.

To make matters worse I made this character as vulnerable as possible, drawing him out as a short-statured, nerd kind of man who was nervous and anxious all the time. I'd also given him a wife, so there's the part where his wife would've been widowed as well.
edit on 27-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

Now I look back on this story, and I say to myself ''wtf. Why would you have made this?'' and I say that now. Even today I still think such a story would be a bit over the top as something to happen to a main character.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The mind explores many possibilities if you let it. To be creative at a young age is a gift.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
The mind explores many possibilities if you let it. To be creative at a young age is a gift.

I suppose that fits, I don't believe I'm very creative but other people do. A lot of the times I think my character designs / backgrounds look too weird.

I did speak and write at a very early age as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

Thank you for sharing your story MisterLeonard.

I too had a dream/fantasy when I was very young (I would say 4 or 5), in which my father and I were running through a tunnel being chased by these different colored creatures, which I could only compare to "gremlins". My dad got taken down by them and they ripped his arm off. He yelled at me to keep running.

That's all I really remember. I can't imagine where I came up with it - perhaps I had seen gremlins the movie, haha. Who knows.. it's cool you remember your story so vividly though. My memory is quite fuzzy 20+ years later...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Thank you for sharing your story MisterLeonard.

I too had a dream/fantasy when I was very young (I would say 4 or 5), in which my father and I were running through a tunnel being chased by these different colored creatures, which I could only compare to "gremlins". My dad got taken down by them and they ripped his arm off. He yelled at me to keep running.

That's all I really remember. I can't imagine where I came up with it - perhaps I had seen gremlins the movie, haha. Who knows.. it's cool you remember your story so vividly though. My memory is quite fuzzy 20+ years later...

Haha, that must have been a surreal dream especially at that age. And yes I do remember it very vividly and sometimes dream of it today, sometimes in 3rd person, sometimes in 1st person. I still remember the names of the guy and his wife, the sister, what they both looked like.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Can you post some of your stuff? Artwork? Paintings?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Can you post some of your stuff? Artwork? Paintings?

You mean stuff related to the story, or just my artwork in general? I don't have any digital art to submit but I do have a box of artwork I did back in college. I'll get my scanner out one of the days if people are interested.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Please tell me what you draw and did? Why did you start with artwork?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Please tell me what you draw and did? Why did you start with artwork?

I drew all kinds of things. Drafts (mechanical drafts of concept machines and vehicles), people, odd alien-like creatures, morphs of different animals, botanical drawings. I'm inspired by what I see. Animation got me into drawing as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

please post if you have the time, always a treat..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Don't get me started on my "Loco Culero" series of cartoons I drew as a kid.
The first Spanish I learned was mainly profanity.
I drew a Loco Culero meeting with an ummm...religious figure...on the wall of a port-a-potty on a job site.
Within an hour the crapper was on fire.
Coincidence? Or was Loco Culero just too awesome for some weirdo to handle?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1I think you tapped into something... creative story telling of the ethereal nature.
Certain true stories both causing inspiration for either a worse or better ending... in film and word spoken of telling a scary and strange story.
I'm working on similar venture in hopes to get the story straight and correct...PM me if you are curious about the story I'm willing to tell or sell.
In this particular inspiration there are more than one occurrences of scary and weird happenings concerning more than one main character, what actually happens and why...from a spiritual as well as mental view.
Sorry, I'm not much help.
Kids tap into the realities floating in and out of day dreams and night terrors... we need to listen to them... this I mention, as you were young when the story was in your mind.
Hope you do well in figuring this out.
Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1I think you tapped into something... creative story telling of the ethereal nature.
Certain true stories both causing inspiration for either a worse or better ending... in film and word spoken of telling a scary and strange story.
I'm working on similar venture in hopes to get the story straight and correct...PM me if you are curious about the story I'm willing to tell or sell.
In this particular inspiration there are more than one occurrences of scary and weird happenings concerning more than one main character, what actually happens and why...from a spiritual as well as mental view.
Sorry, I'm not much help.
Kids tap into the realities floating in and out of day dreams and night terrors... we need to listen to them... this I mention, as you were young when the story was in your mind.
Hope you do well in figuring this out.
Peace

Now that I think about it, perhaps I should actually get into writing or join a writing club or something.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1 join the festivities in August! The short story forum or e peep into the shed, or other fun threads... your a writer-scholar-fighter and a wonderful member... the whole point is that your experience brings you to a place of self love and appreciation... you must love your work...and you make the greatest impression on you...i'm already looking forward to what you choose, here..on ATS (the best place on the planet) or outside in nature and other wonderful places
Thank you for your contributions thus far... look forward to more from you and hope your Monday/Tuesday bring joy and a sense of peace..be well.😎😇😊

top topics

join