It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control advocate: 'Just as easy' for Reagan's shooter to buy guns today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
On this episode of gun control advocates most atrocious LIES. People this is the most flagrant lie I have heard to date. Because for those of us that HAVE read the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act. People with histories of MENTAL issues are verboten from buying firearms, and by LAW ATF Form 4473 has to be filled out. Futhermore John Hinckley is a name WELL know to most people.

NO ONE would ever sell him a weapon.

When John Hinckley is released from a mental hospital later this year, it will be “just as easy” for the man who shot President Reagan to get his hands on a gun as it was before his 35 year incarceration, critics say.

Gun control advocate: 'Just as easy' for Reagan's shooter to buy guns today

The Gun Control Act of 1968.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 was enhanced in 1993 with the passage of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. The Brady Act created a background check system which required licensed sellers to inspect the criminal history background of prospective gun purchasers, and the Brady Act created a list of categories of individuals to whom the sale of firearms is prohibited. As quoted from 18 U.S.C. 922 (d):

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; (2) is a fugitive from justice; (3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)); (4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution; (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26))); (6) who [2] has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship; (8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that— (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and (B) (i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or (9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

Gun Control Act of 1968

The Brady Handgun Prevention Act.

Virtually verbatim.

Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;

Brady Handgun Prevention Act.

The FBI would NEVER authorize a firearm purchase for John Hinckley.

There are LIES.

There are DAMN LIES.

There is the TRUTH.

Gun control advocates going off half cocked.

I retort.

YOU Decide.
edit on 27-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
attention seeking whores is all see in the world today.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Isn't that place where criminals buy their drugs or guns called a blackmarket? I don't think they check those kind of credentials when selling a firearm... But maybe if there were no guns and the blackmarket was really expensive... then maybe he might have trouble getting a gun

love,

harry

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti
where do you think the "blackmarket" scores firearms from? how would banning firearms for me, make it harder for nimrod nancy to get one?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The last time I checked we had a lot of drugs considered illegal and somehow they can still be purchased on the black market.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
where do you think the "blackmarket" scores firearms from? how would banning firearms for me, make it harder for nimrod nancy to get one?

Supply and demand are basic economic principles.

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The last time I checked we had a lot of drugs considered illegal and somehow they can still be purchased on the black market.

Yeah, they're kinda expensive and there's no quality control...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

WHO lowers their guard first to do so?
WHO has the power and army with our skills to take them from us forcibly?
The police won't do after they get their butts ambushed.
agents can't shoot and move for a kill like we do.
I think you better stay hiding in mom's basement, and let us take care of the bad men YOUR ilk is bringing in for us to shoot.
I certainly have BEEN quite bored the last 8 years with this S##T, and it's about time to cut loose anyway , are YOUR people ready for MY people?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I certainly have BEEN quite bored the last 8 years with this S##T, and it's about time to cut loose anyway , are YOUR people ready for MY people?

So run along and go play solider somewhere. I know shooting at cardboard targets gets a bit boring after awhile. Not to mention expensive.

Maybe we should just tax the ammo! Like we do with cigarettes! This is brilliant!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Maybe we should just tax the ammo! Like we do with cigarettes! This is brilliant!

Oddly poll taxes were declared unconstitutional.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Interesting thought--except you forget about things like "community guns," where illegally obtained handguns are hidden in known places in an area, and when a criminal element "in the know" about said guns needs one, they just go get it, use it, and hide it again.

You act like illegal guns are free these days. Sure, you can get "hot" guns for relatively cheap, generally offered up by those who may have stolen it or just committed a crime with it, and they're just interested in ridding themselves of the evidence. You can probably get those a dime a dozen.

But, if you want a clean, legally obtained weapon that you know will not implicate you in any crimes (if you're caught with it), then you are going to pay way more than gun-store value for the same firearm that I can get at a discounted price (being a veteran...at least from some stores).

So, your claim is one that has quite a few variables needed to fall in line for it to be true, and from what I can gather through general research, the cheap guns are the least desirable and the least available. Plus, the brand and condition and myriad other factors come into play on the price, too.

And also, your claim about drugs being expensive falls under the same conditions as I noted in the previous paragraph--too many variables, like which drug, which potency of which drug, who's selling it, etc., all come into play. There are plenty of extremely poor people addicted to drugs, just like there are poor people addicted to crime. Cost is often irrelevant, as many things can be bartered for--guns and drugs notwithstanding.

ETA: Community Guns: Please note in the video that here in Cincinnati, it notes that LEOs find one or two EACH WEEK! Now, how many do they not find? (Fox19 and WCPO are local news stations in Cincinnati)

edit on 27-7-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thank you for informing me. I did not consider "community guns" which is actually a thing

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sadly, most people have never heard of the phenomenon--it's a pretty dangerous one, if you ask me, especially if kids find the damn things. There was just a shooting here in Cincinnati within the last week or so where a 5-year-old shot himself, and the parents claim that they have no idea where he got the gun, as they don't have one in the home. It'd be really damn sad if this kid was a victim of finding one of these community guns.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: ware2010

Supply and demand are basic economic principles.

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yeah, they're kinda expensive and there's no quality control...

well what in the h*** did that answer?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Guns aren't going anywhere.
You can rant and whine all you like, but....there's nothing you can do about it.
Get over it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

OH but I am ,I GET to argue with EPSILON SEMI-MORONS!
I never thought they's go FULL 1984 BUT there YOU are talking and EVERYTHING like programmed ZOMBIE it's been AMAZING to watch you fall to them...you must be having alot of fun watching the meltdown too.
I get it ,BRAVE FACE and all.
We are going to GUT the system and do what ALL you clowns who protested over the various decades have, screwed up doing.
We are taking the system apart ..starting with EVERYONE who touched this administration and hopefully reinstate the army back to a nominal function
THEN we have a country to fix failing that if say Trump is obstructed by the status QUO or he indeed IS lying to us well,I guess they are spoiling for a fight we want to have.
ALL this OF COURSE is alien to you and I can't tell if you can GRASP what is actually said,without semanitcally convincing YOURSELF not to confront the real world.
Either way your trolling is a fail ...enjoy ,I DO.

edit on 27-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join