It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to find a photo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hello! let me start by swearing a little- Erich Von Däniken.

Ok, so if i remember correctly, in his book, gold of the gods, one might find and interesting old photo, that shows the oldest (allegedly) known dome structure.

it looked like a stone tent, it had a round stone base, and the walls were constructed from four interesting shaped stones, held together by a round stone at the top. it had an opening, inside i think there was a statue of a human in a crawling position knees and hands in the ground.

Anyhow, i would appreciate if someone knows about what i am talking about, then i have a few questions,

Where is it located? cave,temple,jungle?
is it true, that only one picture exists? if so, how frigging odd is that? i know that däniken was a bit unreliable at best and possibly even a liar,
But i think the picture is real, it does not look like a fake..

Well, thats it, maybe someone has some information about what it is, or the book at hand?

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
For reference is this the picture?

Pulled from a PDF file on Google

www.google.com... hnZmHqZPOAhWGFpQKHRL6C9MQBQgbKAA#imgrc=ddHnZM1qa3g1pM%3A

RA
edit on 27-7-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Thank you! There it is..

What in the world is it? and only the one picture.. weird.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Gold of the gods

The explanation is here. Enjoy the read, it is only short.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Ah, so it was a skeletal figure inside the dome.. and guardian gnomes floating about the entrance, how spectacular..
and it was inside a cave (allegedly)..

What do you fine people think about this? is it fake? Why i have not seen this anywhere else?

edit on 27-7-2016 by solve because: TYPOI

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

You might find the answer as to why nobody else has any photos in the italics below:

Fig. 3. The secret entrance to the hidden tunnel system, which is guarded by hostile Indians, is situated within the triangle formed by the three towns Gualaquiza, San Antonio and Yaupi in the province of Morona-Santiago.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

“This entrance, cut in the rock and wide as a barn door, is situated in the Province of Morona-Santiago, in the triangle formed by Gualaquiza-San Antonio-Yaupi, a region inhabited by hostile Indians. Suddenly, from one step to another, broad daylight changed to pitch-blackness. Birds fluttered past our heads. We felt the draught they created and shrank back. We switched on our torches and the lamps on our helmets, and there in front of us was the gaping hole which led into the depths. We slid down a rope to the first platform 250 feet below the surface.

From there we made two further descents of 250 feet. Then our visit to the age-old underworld of a strange unknown race really began. The passages all form right angles. Sometimes they were narrow, sometimes wide. The walls are smooth and often seem to be polished. The ceilings are flat and at times look as if they were covered with a kind of glaze. Obviously these passages did not originate from natural causes… they look more like contemporary air-raid shelters!”
Source

It's in Ecuador and this is what it's in a mountainous area surrounded by jungle, and is called "Cueva de los Tayos" or "Cave of the Oilbirds":

The exact location is supposedly 77º 47′ 34″ W, 1º 56′ 00″ S

There has been several expeditions into the cave system after Von Däniken's claims. The first in 1976 led by Stan Hall and consisted of 100's of people including military personnel, film crews and even Neil Armstrong. Even more recent ones like this one.

There has also been recent claims that the supposed "Metal Library" has been found. One of many examples. I'm yet to find any real scientific confirmation.

And as far as I know no-one has found exactly what Von Däniken found (and few including myself believe him or his tall tales) so that is the only supposed photograph as far as I know...?

edit on 27/7/2016 by Gemwolf because: Wrong image posted

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
you guys know that Von Daniken later admitted to fraud in this book right ?

In The Gold of the Gods, Däniken wrote of being guided through artificial tunnels in a cave under Ecuador, Cueva de los Tayos, containing gold, strange statues and a library with metal tablets, which he considered to be evidence of ancient space visitors. The man who he said showed him these tunnels, Juan Moricz, told Der Spiegel that Däniken's descriptions came from a long conversation and that the photos in the book had been "fiddled".[22] Däniken told Playboy that although he had seen the library and other places he had described, he had fabricated some of the events to add interest to his book.[12][23][24] Later in 1978 he said that he had never been in the cave pictured in his book but in a "side entrance", and that he had fabricated the whole descent into the cave.[24] A geologist examined the area and found no cave systems.[22] Däniken also wrote about a collection of gold objects held by local priest Father Crespi, who had special permission from the Vatican to do archaeological research.[22] But an archeologist reported to Der Spiegel that, while there were some gold pieces, many were just local imitations for tourists, and that Crespi has difficulty distinguishing brass from gold.[

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Well, looking at the pictures from Dänikens expedition and the more recent ones, it looks like the same cave system.

And looking at the strange stone hut, it is hard to tell, but for me, it looks like it is standing inside a cave, and it truly looks like its made from stone..

I bet the object has been taken away somewhere or destroyed on site, like so many others.
Or maybe, just maybe, there are hidden paths still to be found..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I know he is a liar, but if you want to "create evidence" the stone hut sure seems like a lot of work to do, and to prove what?

But still possible i must admit.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Gemwolf

Well, looking at the pictures from Dänikens expedition and the more recent ones, it looks like the same cave system.

And looking at the strange stone hut, it is hard to tell, but for me, it looks like it is standing inside a cave, and it truly looks like its made from stone..

I bet the object has been taken away somewhere or destroyed on site, like so many others.
Or maybe, just maybe, there are hidden paths still to be found..

The photo (and all the others) may very well be a model the size of a dinner plate. It's impossible to tell.

ETA:
As a matter of fact:

Däniken put forward photographs of ancient stones in Peru, with carvings of men using telescopes, detailed world maps, and advanced medical operations, all beyond the knowledge of ancient Peruvians. But the PBS television series Nova determined that the stones were modern, and located the potter who made them. This potter makes stones daily and sells them to tourists. Däniken had visited the potter and examined the stones himself, but he didn't mention this in his book. He says that he didn't believe the potter when he said that he had made the stones. Däniken says that he asked Doctor Cabrera, a local surgeon who owns the museum, and Cabrera had told him that the potter's claims were a lie and that the stones were ancient. But the potter had proof that Cabrera had thanked him for providing the stones for the museum. Däniken claimed that the stones at the museum were very different from those made by the potter, but the Nova reporters oversaw the manufacturing of one stone and confirmed that it was very similar to those in the museum. Wiki

edit on 27/7/2016 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

Ah, so it was a skeletal figure inside the dome.. and guardian gnomes floating about the entrance, how spectacular..
and it was inside a cave (allegedly)..

What do you fine people think about this? is it fake? Why i have not seen this anywhere else?

IIRC, VonDaniken eventually admitted that he had never even been to the site where he claims in that book to have witnessed all these fabulous artifacts.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Look at page 15 of this. There is the picture and some explanatory text.

lilibook.ir...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: prustage

Look at page 15 of this. There is the picture and some explanatory text.

lilibook.ir...

Wouldn't it have been less effort to read the actual thread and see that the link, photograph and information has already been posted, than to go googling after just reading the opening post?

just curious.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Marduk

I know he is a liar, but if you want to "create evidence" the stone hut sure seems like a lot of work to do, and to prove what?

But still possible i must admit.

Frankly, it doesn't look like a hut. It looks far too small to be anything a human could fit into.

And the rest of the pictures? There's a lot of bad fakes there.

Now -- why would I think this? Well, I love to visit museums and I love to read about other cultures. After awhile your eye "learns" what something from that culture looks like and what isn't valid. If you see a figure with symbols that the culture never used, you know it's fake.

...and so on.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Frankly, it doesn't look like a hut. It looks far too small to be anything a human could fit into.

Agreed. It looks more like an old oven of some kind. For bread. The little chimney cap on top would be there to keep out the rain but also keep the air flowing up.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Maybe a ceremonial hut?, where you are not actually supposed to go in,
but i have to say, it most likely is a scale model made from clay.. reality checks are so boring..

gemwolf is right. maybe,,, thanks for helping everyone! have a great summer!

top topics

join