It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I love Lisey's Story

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I learned something new, I'll have to check this story out. I was reading the Dark Tower series back when it was first written in the '80s and I stopped when the next installment was delayed. I never got a chance to get back into it with life getting in the way as it does... I really loved that Dark Tower stuff, what was that guy's name, Roland the gunslinger I think? I don't know maybe not, not important. The only thing that sticks in my mind is the lobstrosities that he encountered. Sorry to get off track but that took me back.

edit on 7/27/2016 by wtbengineer because: add

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
Yes, it's Roland. He's not in Lisey's story but, like a lot of his work, it ties into the world or worlds in the stories.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I would love to remove the mirrors, but being in a rental home and the mirrors being a physical part of every wardrobe in every bedroom, the best I can do is find a way to cover them. Which I will be doing soon, will buy some extra sheets when I can and somehow get them over the mirrors.

I don't find the fear of mirrors to be surprising. Though I don't have it myself, mirrors do have a creepy side to them. As for covering your mirrors, I don't think it's a good idea - you'd essentially be training your child to have the same phobia. In my opinion, you should do your best to not spook your kid.

I have a friend who is terrified of storms. Her son, now in his early teens, cowers like a scared puppy at the first gentle rumble of thunder. I think it's best to let them develop their own irrational fears naturally.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to hide under the sheets, as there's a tiny spider near the ceiling in the opposite corner of the room.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

That is a very good point, and thank you.

I've made it this long with the things uncovered and my eyes squeezed shut, a bit longer couldn't hurt. (Famous last words? No! Don't say such things!)

Keep an eye on that spider! One blink and it'll disappear and you will be searching for it all night.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I'm interested in learning about such things, but not doing them myself. Just reading about them, hearing others' experiences, etc.

Well i looked into a mirror last night with a dim moon light coming in through the window and saw what looked like multiple souls trying to escape through my forehead.

Even saw a faceless hooded entity like a wraith with its rotting cloth outlining my face.

Interesting dream this morning leading many black suited people along a path next to a coal burning pipe that burned all the black from the stones transforming the stones into transparent raw octahedral diamonds.

i guess it was like a purification of multiple sinful dark souls into transparent truthful spirits.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

That account both interests me and terrifies me... thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

That account both interests me and terrifies me... thank you for sharing.

Like i posted on your first page, "Sometimes mirrors allow people to see their higher / lower selves as either angels of light or daemons of darkness."

Daemons can also repent and lead fellow sinners back to the purity of Jesus Christ after burning all of the sin out of a sinners soul via purification.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Sometimes mirrors allow people to their higher / lower selves as either angels of light or daemons of darkness.

I can recall looking in the mirror late at night and experiencing a detached feeling of dread. Something about the entity staring back at me seemed a little off or not quite right.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I can recall looking in the mirror late at night and experiencing a detached feeling of dread. Something about the entity staring back at me seemed a little off or not quite right.

Fear is quite often what holds mankind back. What is there to fear when that feeling is already part of your conscious. You were probably viewing into the abyss and seeing your lower self.

There might be a problem if you take the part of the Bible seriously where Jesus says in Matthew 5:29-30, 'cut out the bad part of your body that causes you to sin'.

In my case that would mean decapitation as i saw a faceless ragged hood looking back at me. Probably Azrael (Death) looking for reapers.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on Tue May 10 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join