It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woke Up To A Shadow In My Room!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I sit here, currently at 4:02am, after once again being awoken by a shadow in my room, hovering over our bed! This is the second time such a thing has happened and, quite frankly, I don't know what to make of it.

As you all know, since seeing a UFO many years ago my life has taken a turn for the weird. Every time I establish a somewhat normal worldview again something comes along (usually at about 3am) and reminds me of exactly why that will never happen, like tonight.
I'll spare any hyperbole about what I believe it to be and just, instead, stick to exactly what happened.
I awoke at exactly 3:28am this morning covered in sweat and breathing really heavily, I don't know why but I was instantly lucid when I opened my eyes (which is weird) and there it was, above our bed, a huge hooded shadowy figure with no discern-able features. Just floating there - it looked as though the hooded 'head if I can call it that' was pointing directly at my GF.
I don't attest to know what this was, or why it was there but it did frighten me - I'm not used to something this un-explainable being this close and personal. Also why focus on my GF who has never had a supernatural experience? Why not focus on me?
The second I opened my eyes this thing just slowly starting gliding towards the wall near our heads and went straight through it. This was odd in itself as a shadow shouldn't go through anything.

The strangest part about this whole experience is that I felt EXACTLY the same thing I did when I saw the UFO all those years ago, which is why I brought that up. The same crushing feeling in my chest, the feeling that something is being pressed down upon in my body. I felt as though something had hold of me, and I wasn't going to escape.

Has anyone ever had this experience and if so what was it? How did you stop it? I prayed and the feeling left me, though I don't know if this is a bandaid or a complete fix. I feel it's the former. I don't EVER want to wake up to something like this again, ever. Please any advice would be very welcome.

Please don't tell me it was something in my eye, I know what I saw. It was plain as day (our room isn't very dark). And I felt it's presence too. I just don't know what to make of it!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's intense when that happens i know.

I see shadows walking through my house all the time, i have to look to make sure someones not lurking.

I also woke up to a man standing at the foot of my bed, very tall black hat long coat pale skin. I stared

at him momentarily taking in all the details before hiding under my sheets again, paniked that someone

had B&E'd my place. When i looked again, he had vanished.

I wouldn't let it bother you they wont' hurt you. Just stay calm and clear your mind. They'll go away.

Thanks for the cool story!
edit on 7/26/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Tell it to step off. You are light. You are superior.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Gotta agree with awareness...stay clam, stay clear. Easier said than done sometimes. I've dealt with this phenomena for years, and I'm still here. Certainly unnerving at times. I've read all about sleep paralysis and other sleep disorders but man, when ya experience some of this stuff, well science can't explain all of it. It's a journey, enjoy it if ya can. Be well...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

But what is it? Why was it even there? I'm more concerned about my gf to be honest.

She's been acting very strange in her sleep lately - I've only just realized that. One night, as I've said on here, not too long back I remember having a dream where I said to her, plain as day "it's okay you can scream now" and bang, half a second later she let out a blood curtling scream - I've never heard her do that before. She also says something keeps chasing her in her sleep and grabbing her.

I don't know if this is connected but it's certainly disheartening. I did will it to go away but that's when I felt the pressure in my chest. Like something was trying to take me over - it sounds so stupid, I know, but I don't know how else to explain it. My head went fuzzy and I just had to get out of there! I'm just a little shaken...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I saw 'the creepers' out of the left corner of my eye several times today. Haven't seen 'em in a long long time.

Never have figured out what it means when they show up. They'll go away soon enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That's pretty intense, wow. Ok i really can't tell You what to do but i can share with you how i got rid of them years ago when i was an Xian.

hmm ok i dont normally do this because im not religious 'at all', but i've had other occurrences take place.

A red furry ball used to shoot past my door way all the time, it was pretty flippin weird, it began to bother me, years ago, so i basically told it to go away in the name of JC. until i did that, it happened daily for mths. things would break, plates would fall off the wall. Just really odd things like that.

I will say this, if your GF is fearful, she's going to attract them even more. Which obviously isnt good. So perhaps you both need to focus on where you're at, and what you want to believe.

I believe it worked for me back then because like the whole moses story holding up the Rod on the mountain giving the people strength and hope and something stronger than themselves to believe in as opposed to when he lowered his arm from exhaustion, causing the people to stop going forwards and become fearful once again,) I was able to let go of my fear and place it elsewhere. I hope you get what i'm saying.

edit on 7/26/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hello Darkness, my only friend...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

That was good

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sage your house, or set up a nancy cam to catch the shadow figure and then you can show us !! ....and if all else fails ...when you see the shadow tell it to leave or ask why it's here ...personally, I'd yell at it to go away and never return.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
The strangest part about this whole experience is that I felt EXACTLY the same thing I did when I saw the UFO all those years ago, which is why I brought that up. The same crushing feeling in my chest, the feeling that something is being pressed down upon in my body. I felt as though something had hold of me, and I wasn't going to escape.

Has anyone ever had this experience and if so what was it? How did you stop it? I prayed and the feeling left me, though I don't know if this is a bandaid or a complete fix. I feel it's the former. I don't EVER want to wake up to something like this again, ever. Please any advice would be very welcome.

Please don't tell me it was something in my eye, I know what I saw. It was plain as day (our room isn't very dark). And I felt it's presence too. I just don't know what to make of it!

Hi, Joneselius,
Yes, I have got this feeling, experienced in the way You did, 20 years ago.

At that time, the night was very strange, the full moon was bigger and brighter than anything I ever saw. That night, I was at the right moment, when you fall asleep and at that exact moment I felt something is trying to get my attention, like rubbing my hand with some soft cloth or something.

I was very scared.

I did not opened my eyes, but quite opposite I tried hard to shut my eyes. But deep down, I had a curious feeling to see what is happening around... But yeah, I fell asleep.

After few moments (I suppose), the same night, I wake up from the feeling that I'm not alone in the room and something BIG and powerful is in the room (You feel energy, presence). Suddenly I felt very high pressure on my chest, I was unable to breath or even say a word, I felt like I was falling inside of myself to the dark void. Its like the void inside of my throat, like a black hole, tried to suck me (my conscious) in.

The next thing I remember was a fear. An everything overcoming fear.

Then, I saw my first vision, when I lost myself to that fear... I saw a black void.. and at some point, gray light started to light down an small area near me, and then huge stone appeared as well as a man on in. Sitting like a Greek Thinker. There were no voices, nor messages. He was just sitting there. I tried to go around and see who he was, but as soon as I got near him, face to face, we would turn and hide.

At that time I lost myself again, and fell to deep sleep.

A few years later I started to get paranormal experiences, OBE, witness various crafts, get like a sense of being watched and me able to identify right on spot, the right area in the sky where watcher was lurking (in the craft). You know that moment, when You know when and where to look... The watcher would instantly catch my sight and let me notice that he reacted before cloaking. There also were other things, like attempted communication, high pitch "religious" bell with following English words "I love You" (i'm not native English speaker), and etc.

That is only an experience, which removes ignorance. But fear of unknown is left. That unknown is a lack of understanding.
edit on 2016.7.27 by amfis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Even as a long time reader and seldom poster here, when you say "As you all know, since seeing a UFO many years ago my life has taken a turn for the weird.", I'm not sure I'm in the "you all know".

But I find myself very curious about your account of seeing hooded figures, even more in relation to seeing them following a "sighting" of some sort.

Could you provide a summary for those of us that don't know your history, a quick recap of what led you to this?

I may not be able to provide answers but I would love to provide support.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

That's a good idea actually. This stuff happens so often that I'm bound to catch something and if not at least I'll have the peace of mind! Is there any night vision cameras that can record and save their files for a reasonable price?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Varelse

Absolutely. Here's an account of what happened. This is my first thread on ATS. People were not as welcoming as I'd have thought they'd be, but that's life....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I saw exactly the same thing several years ago but while fully awake, my partner at the time was a witch and also a trance medium, her mother had recently died and she was attending the wake and I was alone in the house with our son who was around a year old.

Although we had not discussed it I was aware that she was getting into some deep stuff as had been very distant for a while and would spend hours alone eyes closed and motionless.

We lived in a rural location and never locked the front door, it was around 11pm and I thought someone had come into the house, this was not uncommon as neighbours would often pop round if the lights were still on for a chat or borrow milk for the morning or whatever.

my son was asleep on the sofa and I opened the door from the living room which led directly to the hall with the stairs opposite.

I opened the door and saw pretty much exactly what you explained somewhere between a shadow and something real, no real features but seemed to be wearing some kind of robe. I freaked out and just shut the door again.

I took a breath and thought to myself " Oh you fool there is a coat on the bannister and your tired and thought it was something else!"

I opened the door and nope, it was still there, not a coat. I shut the door again and thought about what to do, I had read about banishing entities although I had never done it or seen it done.

So I simply said in a loud yet calm voice " She's not here right now you will have to come back another day, please leave"

I could sense that it was still there unwilling to leave as if it needed her or something so I said "She is not here and if you do not leave I will have to make her come here and tell you to leave herself and she will really tot be happy about it"

After a short time I felt that it was not there and opened the door and it was indeed gone. After a few minutes I felt that it was now outside the house waiting so I shouted "Look just leave now" and again after a moment felt that it was gone.

I slept on the sofa that night with my son and after the funeral and she was in a better state of mind I told her that something came to visit her that night and explained that whatever she was doing she had to be in control at all times even if traumatised.

She appologised and I never saw it again.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Hello Darkness, my only friend...

I had to post this, i'm sorry for derailing your thread..

You can banish me to the isle of never if you wish but, i had to do this. 'whispers' they made me.

Be Calm, and Carry On....

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I think this version is more appropriate to the thread

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Hmmm it's good but, nothing beats the original

btw i got that

edit on 7/27/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

See at least you had the benefit of A, someone who could (kind of) control it and B, telling it to leave.

I just awoke to see this in my sleeping space, my own private space where nothing else is. I just balked and lay there like an idiot as this thing was over my GF, powerless to do anything other than invoke the mighty name of my saviour. It did float through the wall when I asked God to help me but I'm sick and tired of needing to do this, I just want things like this to LEAVE ME ALONE. I'm not interested in what they want, I just want them GONE.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sounds sort of like something that happened to me and my wife a while back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join