It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Why do you tell people here to "come out from her/come out from them"? To me, it's reminiscent of Revelation chapter 18 and Babylon the Great, which is a great city the text says. Revelation 18 city is identified in Isaiah 21, specifically verse 9.

The city is in a desert by the sea, and the text in Isaiah says this city/Babylon will be destroyed by Elam (modern day Iran).

Do you realize you're literally telling people to come out of Mecca? Unless when you say "come out of her" you're quoting something else other than Revelation 18. Clarify plz.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

How about saying that you know now that Mary is not a part of the Trinity because you seem intent on not acknowledging how incredibly incorrect you were. You have the proof I gave you a Catholic link explaining the Trinity and I guess you don't want to read it and find out you were wrong or just don't want to admit it. But you know it, I know it you might as well just be an adult and admit you shouldn't slander Christian Churches that you don't like. And that you did, or were wrong .

Which is it were you wrong or... the l word?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Why do you tell people here to "come out from her/come out from them"? To me, it's reminiscent of Revelation chapter 18 and Babylon the Great, which is a great city the text says. Revelation 18 city is identified in Isaiah 21, specifically verse 9. The city is in a desert by the sea, and the text in Isaiah says this city/Babylon will be destroyed by Elam (modern day Iran). Do you realize you're literally telling people to come out of Mecca? Unless when you say "come out of her" you're quoting something else other than Revelation 18. Clarify plz.

I have no idea how you transposed the scripture I used (2 Cor 6:14-18) to scriptures in
Revelations chapter 18. I never used any scriptures from the Book of Revelations in
my post.

Please read the scriptures I posted, which is 2 Cor 6:14-18. Which is dealing
with the UNRIGHTEOUS, UNCLEAN and IDOLS.

It appears you've taken words that appear the same from several verses and
somehow attached them together.

I have no control over what you've been taught

edit on 7/27/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

It has nothing to do with what has been taught, the reason why I asked you is because the phrase "come of of her" reminded me of Revelation 18:4 in the Word of God:

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

That's why I asked.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ahh I understand now.

Thanks for the clarification.

edit on 7/27/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: deignostian

Funny, I don't recall mentioning a second Holy Spirit. As far as understanding goes I don't think you're on point...at all. Because you aren't.

Was it you that wrote "Basically Christianity and Catholicism have the same trinity is all I mean."

Perhaps I was not clear but will try to be now.

Catholicism did not come from James or any sort of the teachings of James. It is a cult of its own which embraces all sorts of convoluted pagan beliefs. The understanding that Catholicism has of a Holy Spirit is not the same as James taught and therefore I cannot accept the premise that the Roman church's Holy Spirit and James' Holy Spirit are the same when they are not. That is why I asked if there were two Holy Spirits. I can show the teachings of James and I can also show the teachings of the Roman organizations and they are vastly different.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join