It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could We Have a List of Members Who are Allowed To Promote their Own Sites (Like Youtube Channels)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Part of the T&C specifically states that members may not promote their own business interests or competing websites with Above Board interests without permission from Management.

Is there a location, forum, or post thread in which we can see these members who have been approved for individual promotion on ATS?

If there's not, should there be, so that we can be aware of our fellow members whose agendas may extend beyond the personal into the professional?

At least, so we won't waste any more of the Mods valuable time by ALERTing these members?

Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thankyou Gryph! I had no idea, should i decide to do that, i'll be sure to refer back to your wonderful informative post.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ive noticed more and more self-promotion here than years back. I too thought it wasnt allowed. If it IS...then I have a lot of stuff I'd like to promote right away!

Lets us all know and Ill get busy...my new dvd, cd, website, member of my site club with low monthly fees etc...( Im only making a point).

Some new members just seem to let it fly within the 1st posting or so...

Answer? Please? Thanks....MS
edit on 25-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: fat fingers

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is one occasional poster- and you may be thinking about him- who starts threads only to post videos from one particular Youtube channel. His first three threads, in fact, were all posting the same video. He never acknowledges that the channel is his own, just praises the wisdom of the speaker. However, the ATS account was started only a couple of days after the channel was launched, which rather gives away the connection.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I believe I know which one that is and I think he had to change his avatar because of it. I am guessing that one can post the vids after that action, but not 100% sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You can just keep alerting them. The list isn't that big actually and most members do it as a one off.

The best thing to do is look at the member's join date. If they've been here 6 months or more and are promoting their own content, they've likely gotten permission.

We don't allow members under 6 months to promote.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'd be amazed if the staff could deliver such a list, as I seriously doubt they keep one. But they might- I don't know. And if they don't have one, then you'd be asking the 3 amigos to recall every time they did grant such permission over all these years. And that might be asking a little much.

(ETA: Ok correction- according to TTTP above, there may be a list like that.)

I know a few of the writers such as myself were given permission upon request to promote their books. My general impression about this was that if you'd been here long enough and contributed to the site, as well as promoted your material responsibly without spamming everyone and their mama, they might do it. They did in my case, and for that I am grateful. I kept it pretty much to a link in my signature and a couple of threads.
edit on Mon Jul 25th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Question asked and answered Tenth. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Good point.

When we members click on a link from a post the source site gains advertisement revenue, so maybe a quid pro quo arrangement could work; ATS endorse their member's businesses and in return those businesses could endorse ATS.

Just a thought.

edit on 25-7-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Good point.

When we members click on a link from a post the source site gains advertisement revenue, so maybe a quid pro quo arrangement could work; ATS endorse their member's businesses and in return those businesses could endorse ATS.

Just a thought.

Sure, or, we could be aware that if we click on or respond to certain posters, we're really just helping support their business (those with Youtube channels, anyway) and make the knowledgeable choice not to put pennies in their pockets.

I'll just keep my own list.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I mentioned a website I made (even said I just made it) by giving the title and suggesting to Google it. Not sure if it made any difference, but I wasn't selling anything on the site and it didn't contain any advertising. It was merely informational and elaborating on what I had posted. Perhaps I shouldn't have been allowed to do so because that could be considered to be driving traffic to my website, but it was never censored. Maybe I got one past the moderators with that, hard to say. It was helpful to get some feedback on it though.
edit on 25-7-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
IDK why. They post them in their siggy's. It's right there.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I'm with you on that True. I actually used much material for my book from the pages of ATS, even printing actual discussions on some threads here, but I got permission for that from both, ATS and the posters I used beforehand, then afterwards, got permission to do a little promotion on the site, which was one thread and putting the link in my signature. After a year, I then printed the entire book on ATS in a series of threads and turned around and promoted that through other social media accounts which then drove some traffic back into ATS. A win-win for both I hope. But, like you, I much appreciated their support and I wouldn't have even written the book in the first place if it weren't for the lively debates I encountered here on the topic.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Yes that's how we roll. You and T.A. both have our permission because you give back, you don't just want to take. That's a huge thing and a just relationship.

We do that for pretty much everyone who has contributed and asks first.

ETA: And THANK YOU Both!
edit on 7-25-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Lol, I thought all I gave you was a bunch of headaches and earthquakes!

But seriously, thanks again for letting me promote the book (which started as short story on ATS). With ATS's help getting started, at this point I think I have sold over 3,000 copies in the course of 1.5 years. Not too shabby I guess, but still nothing compared to the real players on Amazon.

And btw, what ever happened to Val? Hadn't seen her post in an awful long time.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

new topics

top topics

join