It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of at least two dead, multiple injured at Florida nightclub

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

In my local area, they do lock-ins and under 18 club nights. The most popular thing around here is the late-night roller skating parties. They go until 1am.

I think it's a bit disingenuous to judge these parents when they are letting their kids get out, exercise and socialize instead of them sitting in front of the TV or the computer till the early morning hours.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Right. They are going to be up anyway, so it's better to have a safe, organized event where they can hang out. What happens outside and after the event isn't really the fault of the organizers, or the parents.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

but they were as young as 12!! Surely its not quite right for your 12yr old to be out until 1am....a safe organised event no problem but not until the wee small hours of the morning.

Anyway clearly I'm out of touch with modern parenting and probably considered Victorian as I brought my children up quite strictly...but if these things are commonplace where you are then I agree not for me to judge

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Lol, it's been a while since my better half & I had ventured into Ft Myers (we don't even live in FL anymore) BUT I'm pretty sure this is in a very poor area that is full of gang violence. Also, it's Ft Myers, locals need not have more said. This is a rough city in it's own right.

Long story short: FL Native says "Shooting in FL again? Ohh, Ft Myers, not news."

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

but they were as young as 12!! Surely its not quite right for your 12yr old to be out until 1am....a safe organised event no problem but not until the wee small hours of the morning.

Anyway clearly I'm out of touch with modern parenting and probably considered Victorian as I brought my children up quite strictly...but if these things are commonplace where you are then I agree not for me to judge

I take it you've never lived in a rough area? In FL at least (because I don't know how other states do it) places like this in rougher areas serve to promote safe environments for kids late into the night to account for kids being left home alone while the parents work late shifts/overnights. What it does is have them supervised in one spot instead of out roaming the streets getting into trouble.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sounds par for the course, Ft.Meyers is a cesspool of crime and heavy drugs outside of the resort area.

I am jumping on the BGLM, unless dissed stereotype.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I can see where you are coming from. But it is not uncommon these days for events to be held for kids that go late in to the night/morning. As others have said, these events can be beneficial for parents that have to work odd schedules or need something better to do than running the streets.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Now guess how many suspects there are.

YOUR RIGHT! THREE, 3,3,3,3,3,333333....
Unbelievable

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

dissed?
Is that like disinfoed?
There is an esoteric SBDAC link out there for people that haven't already made it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
something fishy

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
some people are saying ft. myers event is not even a news. i guess if this kind of event when happened in their province then only its a news. poor thinking of some ats memebers.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: terminator292
some people are saying ft. myers event is not even a news. i guess if this kind of event when happened in their province then only its a news. poor thinking of some ats memebers.

Foreigner, eh? I grew up down there, and am plenty familiar with the west coast cities & towns. When I say it's truly not news, I mean it's < drumroll > not out of the ordinary for Ft Myers. Tropical gang town gonna be a tropical gang town. To put it in a more understandable manner for others, it would be like hearing about it out of Chicago, Camden, or Oakland. It wouldn't be news in those cities, either.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wrong race, gun and motive. No MSM coverage. Still a sad story.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

Wrong race, gun and motive. No MSM coverage. Still a sad story.

Oh yeah, no doubt. Wrong origins for a ratings spike. It's not PC to say this, but nasty minority/black ghetto neighborhood, according to a friend an hour north who knows Ft Myers extremely well. I know it's a very poor area, but wasn't certain of ethnic make-up, which does matter in terms of gangs (you're not going to find MS-13 members living safely in a black neighborhood, for example)
She's not shocked, and I think Juno just caught a glimpse of her eyes rolling past Jupiter.
edit on 7/26/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join