It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you WANT to dump America for globalism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Europe nearly destroyed itself in WWII now there is the EU. Possibilities change.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Europe nearly destroyed itself in WWII now there is the EU. Possibilities change.

The EU is also rapidly tearing itself apart and has the big problem of uneven economies. The PIGS are presenting a huge economic headache to the more developed countries even as those countries are keeping countries like Greece from taking certain measures that would actually help it to right its own economic ship.
edit on 25-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The EU is also rapidly tearing itself apart and has the big problem of uneven economies. The PIGS are presenting a huge economic headache to the more developed countries even as those countries are keeping countries like Greece from taking certain measures that would actually help it to right its own economic ship.

The US has shown that things can be kept together even with economic disparity.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
GAD, you ARE depressing.
Mostly because I hate the end games when things are deadlocked...
I agree,but such an alteration in the US would take Martial law.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Things always change, The UK has the USA has, empires have risen and fallen and new ways to govern our society's are always evolving most of us will fight and fear change but it will change every new generation has new ideas plus with the advances in technology it appears to be changing faster.
As I get older I think wow this is how my granddad looked at us fearing change but now I do the same looking around thinking it wasn't as good as it was when I was young...I think we just get a bit ground down with life as we age and lose the bright eyed optimism of youth but I digress.
Here is a question in 500 years do you think we should be the same as we are now with many different countries and borders? what If we are in the solar system by then? would we best just calling us all earthlings still with the country name but not as actual nationality's?.
I just wish I could have seen how humanity all played out and evolved.
Maybe reincarnation is true then we I maybe can, maybe we will all evolve enough so a one world government is the best way into the stars
Sorry had a booze .

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I think the day we get a hello from ET or a FU from ET the next day world peace would happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I have noticed statement from some people who are in favor of a world government.
I don't understand how they haven't figured out that at this stage of Human development we are incapable of doing so at this time.
I DO agree it will come,but NOT with the current leaders we have developed at ALL.
I know OF NO one ,not one human being who I could trust with such authority.
I decided we need a thread to state our case as I've stated mine.

100% agree. We aren't ready as people socially to handle it. Nor are we ready economically. We just aren't ready in any way. To do it now will require forcing things on people way too much. We should just chill and let things find their natural balance first at the very least.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Heh... Sorry about that!

Put it this way cavtrooper7, which world would you rather live in, out of these two choices?

1) a world where no one has any idea what the answer is, a world where as far as anyone knows, there simply is no answer, there will never be improvement, or hope.

2) a world where there is an answer, where only a few people have figured out what it might be, but the answer comes with its own difficulties.

The reason I ask, is because as far as I am concerned, we are actually living in something much closer to the second of these options, and compared with the first, I certainly find that preferable. Now, I know you aren't one to fall to fear easily Cav... We have had many interactions here which tell me all I need know about you in that regard, so I cannot honestly believe that you would pick being unaware of the answer to the situation, over being aware of it and the difficulties attending to it!

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

We can't allow the world to decay by doing NOTHING.
Isolationism isn't a very good idea.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yup If we all just stayed in our own countries we in the UK would evolve into morlock type creatures so we have to mix so we all evolve together....so we don't have different humanoids walking about planet earth like a few hundred thousand years ago....imagine the threads on ATS though lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

IF I read you correctly ,yes there are folks on both shores ,mostly ignored,who can reap a great change if so moved.
If Hillary is elected HERE you may see that ,but since YOU now have a right wing leader,perhaps SHE can help a business man TURN this around perhaps?
It's as if they were planning it that way...subtle as a sledgehammer really.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Indeed we do, and an unelected one at that.

I laugh when people say that we have a right wing government in my country, because what we have is a government that was elected during a ballot which saw historically low turnouts, and during which only twenty something percent of eligible voters actually voted for the winning party.

I call that a government on about as many occasions as I call Theresa May anything other than "That hellspawned Thatcher clone".
edit on 25-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Ballsed up the numbers

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

We can't allow the world to decay by doing NOTHING.
Isolationism isn't a very good idea.

I think that term is ridiculous. Isolationism. Who came up with that anyway??? We are anything but isolated. We are now more in touch with each other than ever in the history of mankind. I can a virtual meeting with people half way around the world form where I am in a matter of seconds anytime of any day.

I can view live video footage from places all over the earth from my bedroom. I can play multiplayer games with crowds of people all of which live in various nations across the earth.

I can take a plane anywhere else in the world within hours of me deciding to go.

We are anything but isolated. 95% of the world is not isolated at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So same thing as here then ...go figure...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Then I didn't get your earlier point.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Then I didn't get your earlier point.

My earlier point is that we aren't ready for Globalism the way it's being pushed right now. We can't handle it. But we aren't Isolationists either. Because on a personal level we're able to choose our own level of Global Involvement. But if we choose to keep to ourselves in some ways we can do that to.

Globalism is a noble idea and perhaps one day we'll get there. But a forced One World Government today will just be a Fascist Dictatorship with an Iron Fist and No Mercy. So F*ck That!!

We have some cultural and social issues today that simply will not mix nor are we prepared to do so. Hell, we have our own social problems here and we've been working on them for generations already and still can't figure them out. No way we can mix nations without massive problems.

At the same time there are economic problems that occur with Globalism right now too. International Corporations may be ready to go forward but they're the only ones. Regular businesses and middle class businesses will be completely destroyed in the process.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with keeping nations to themselves for now. That doesn't mean you have to isolate yourself completely. But sharing markets has to be done slowly and very carefully. Social and cultural mixing has to be a natural process and can't just be forced on people and stamped on them from the heal of a boot that is smashing their head. It won't work like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join