It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all the result of the evolution of Crystals?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: intrptr

Life from lifelessness? Life is different from matter, imo.

That would depend upon how far back you set the line at lifelessness. Again, granularity.

How about forever back? I'd rewind the tape but that would take forever.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Vector99

It is atoms that make up everything though.

We actually have observed them.

They've discovered smaller stuff, when smashing atoms. Love the diagrams that show things 'spiraling' back to their orbits.

Not unlike diagrams of the solar system.

image search

We've known for a long time that "atoms" are made up of things too. Protons, electrons, neutrons etc... The atom is the basic structure though,

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Brings back an old post about a guy from China that poked a yellow blob with a stick, and the big bang happened.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

this is awesome information, i really enjoyed reading that. thx!

now, just to spread some love for islam, because it is lacking around ats, due to unfortunate current events. some of their mosques are very beautiful with crystal like design. Than we have all kinds of mandalas with crystal like patterns and many other concepts and symbols in other areas of spirituality, and also interestingly enough...some visual interpretation of hallucinogenic experiences can be also very similar....crystal like in a not so much crystal mind...while on a trip that is.

well...here is a link to some beautiful pictures of islamic architecture:
www.boredpanda.com...

...this beauty blows my mind and yes!
... just to answer your question in the title...crystals are very interesting and observing them or studying them could maybe lead to some very interesting insights...as it seems that they are indeed connected also somehow to our subtler nature of reality. and as you probably know already, there are some crystals with healing powers or other effects, which is another indication of some very neat mystery...for me.

i had to mention this because it is interesting perspective to ponder about...well, in case anyone is into this stuff.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Brings back an old post about a guy from China that poked a yellow blob with a stick, and the big bang happened.

I like the children's rhyme...

Therrrres a... flea on the wart on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

If everyone is crystals, then crystals are for everyone.
I like the peaceful spirit of your post.
edit on 23-7-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

thx, and well i don't know how crystals are related but there certainly seems to be a connection in my opinion.

also short interesting videos about the nature of fractals, which could lead to other insights about what kind of "creative energy" is behind evolution as you hinted already in your first lines of op...

just throwing this out there as food for thought, in case anyone is interested.
edit on 1469314963702July027023116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I love the way they 'represent' the structure of minute bits of matter that we can't see as 'balls' all grouped together linearly.

The nucleus of an atom is a bunch of little spheres all stuck together? Or a single object with a north and south pole?

Just can't get that image out of my mind. A star is a singular object, so is a planet or moon.

But atoms are tiny clusters of little spheres, huh?

ons
No, atoms are not clusters of little spheres. They are composed of a nucleus, which in turn is composed of protons and neutrons, which, in turn, are composed of 3valence quarks and some quark-antiquark pairs each. The nucleus is held together by the "strong Force." At various, but well defined distances from the nucleus are electrons. A sphere is a solid object in which all the components are either in, or not in, the sphere. An atom is like a cloud, and is mostly made up of empty space. Even the proton is not exactly spherical. It has some sembance to a peanut or bagel shape. The electron, on the other hand, being a point particle, really has no defined shape. If you really want to understand that, you need to really study, to the point of at least a Masters degree, the field of physical chemistry. And contrary to what is stated in the OP, DNA is not a crystal. A crystal has a lattice extending in all directions. Crick and Watson (and let's not forget Ms. Franklin) discovered that DNA is a stringlike double helix that looks like a twisted ladder where the side rails are a sugar-phosphate andthe rungs are 4 different nucleobases.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

And contrary to what is stated in the OP, DNA is not a crystal.

I did not make that up. The scientists at CalTec seem to think otherwise.

Liquid Crystal phase of DNA

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No, atoms are not clusters of little spheres.

I know that, thats my point. Then you go right on on to divide the nucleus under the strong force into smaller things (little balls).

Thats like saying the sun is made of smaller objects. The sun has shells maybe, and a polarity but it is homogenous. So are nuclei, imo.

Draw that, not little 'clusters' called a 'nucleus'.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

And contrary to what is stated in the OP, DNA is not a crystal.

I did not make that up. The scientists at CalTec seem to think otherwise.

Liquid Crystal phase of DNA

Wathid
Assawasunthonnet, in the CiT article says that DNA can be turned into a crystal if placed in the correct electrolytic solution. They are correct since just about everything can. His argument expressly ignores the elasticity of the sugar phosphate rods and bases his argument on a too simplistic model of DNA having "rigid vharged rods," to use his phrase. He does note that A.A.Kornyshev,D.J.Lee,S.Leikin, and A.Wynveen, in 2007, showed the elasticity of the rods, but then ignores this fact.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join