It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's 'Saddest' Polar Bear ... Heartbreaking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I read the story and found it heartbreaking , I watched the video and tears rolled down my cheek , tears of sadness and anger.

Animalsasia has highlighted the plight of this tragic polar bear being held as an "Exhibit" at a Chinese shopping centre in an enclosure devoid of any kind of stimulus or hint of his natural environment , this is nothing short a torture and needs to be ended NOW!

The charity says the aquarium's owners made "no attempt to create an environment that would meet the needs of any living bear" when it opened in January. It claims Pizza is living in cramped conditions with "nothing natural". The owners insist they have made improvements because of the petition.
www.animalsasia.org...

The link contains a petition , I'm not asking anybody to sign it.

This video is heartbreaking , be aware before you watch

edit on 23-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I read about this a few days ago and refuse to watch the video for my own sanity. Some humans are just sick. Who could do that and worse... who could enjoy seeing this poor animal like this? Enraging and heart breaking.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I read this elsewhere earlier today. I didn't want to click on the link because I knew I'd get upset all over again. I'm glad I did though so I could sign the petition. Thanks for that gortex.

I would love to visit China but have so far avoided it for the fear of seeing things like this.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No, no, no just no... This is just so wrong i cant even state how wrong it is..

If we brake the law in Society we are heavily punished, but when humans brake the law of the Animal kingdom, they sign a petition..

F#, i thought... I hope they will release the animals from the mall within seven days.. The mall just needs a wolf..
edit on 2016723 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

who could enjoy seeing this poor animal like this? Enraging and heart breaking.

It's beyond my comprehension , the animal is obviously suffering , animal cruelty of the highest order.
By highlighting it we may be able to help force change.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

That's awful. The bear just has no spirit or will. I imagine most caged and exhibited animals feel some similar sense of dread.

They know they are not free.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The living conditions of Chinese workers who made the majority of products and clothing consumed in the USA aren't much better. Parallels all over the place. If the people are living lives like this, no wonder their sympathies for animals is such.

Heartbreaking.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

refuse to watch the video for my own sanity.

same.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The Zoo meme has long passed it's sell by date, and something as ferocious as a polar bear should never be in a limited compound like this anyway since they are aggressive, curious, and extremely dangerous to humans, much the same as the other large beasts that you find in Zoos.
None of them should be there.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I remember visiting Dudley Zoo as a kid and the Polar Bear there was stood at the end of his enclosure swinging his head from side to side , obviously unhappy with his situation and he had a large outdoor enclosure with water , rocks and stuff to mess with , I cant begin to imagine the stress the Bear in China is going through .... the video is sickening.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
But remember - according to our elites, we need to be more like China and can learn a lot from how they do things.

Before we sit back and let them become the dominant power in the world, maybe we ought to take a good long look at this.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We aren't any better in America. Watch some factory farming videos sometime....to see where the meat you eat comes from.
Start with "Earthlings" on YouTube.
I hate what we do to animals on this planet.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Factory farming is disgusting , people should be made to see where their cheap meat comes from before they buy it so they understand what they are supporting.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Factory farming is disgusting , people should be made to see where their cheap meat comes from before they buy it so they understand what they are supporting.

Couldn't agree more. I stopped eating meat a year and a half ago. We abuse (horrifically), then slaughter over 50 billion animals a year (just in this country). Most people have a "disconnect" from how that burger or piece of chicken made it to their plates. It's so sad.
There is something inherent within us that KNOWS it's wrong. Yet, most don't care. Not if it means they have to go without a steak, burger, or chicken strips.
We get angry and sad (and rightfully so) about a polar bear that is being treated inhumanely. Yet, still eat other animals....who suffer in ways we can't even imagine. All for our taste buds.
I wish I could play the Earthlings video in every meat dept of grocery stores, every fast food joint, every restaurant....and see if people would still buy and eat them. Cause they are "them's"....not dead carcasses.
Some probably wouldn't care. But, I bet many would.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: smurfy

I remember visiting Dudley Zoo as a kid and the Polar Bear there was stood at the end of his enclosure swinging his head from side to side , obviously unhappy with his situation and he had a large outdoor enclosure with water , rocks and stuff to mess with , I cant begin to imagine the stress the Bear in China is going through .... the video is sickening.

Me too, I used to see them at the London Zoo/Regent's Zoo in the 1950's and Chessington Zoo in the 1960's.
Teacher's would tell you why the bear's coats are not really white, and how algae can turn the coats green in appearance sometimes, and how their coat in the arctic was more for offensive than defensive camouflage, though I suppose it might have helped both ways when you consider them being hunted.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That's disgusting. At the risk of sounding like a hippie. ..its 2016. We should not be making animals perform for us in any way any more.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yep, Chinese animal welfare standards are non-existent. When it gets old it'll have it's bile extracted and claws sold for impotence. Poor animal.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Judging from his state in the video I don't think he will get old , I hope the story will gain traction and the authorities will be shamed into taking action before its too late.
You touch on another important issue of the continuing Bear bile farms in China , another disgrace that needs to be stopped.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Poor thing just needs a new home, not some #s that won't take care of him/her.

Very sad indeed :-(

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here's a draft of an e-mail that anyone concerned by the conditions this bear and the other animals at the Grandview Aquarium can send to their nations Chinese embassy ,if you feel so inclined .... I've sent mine to the Cultural Section of the London Chinese embassy.

Subject
Please Close the Inhumane Grandview Aquarium

I was deeply concerned to hear about the poor living conditions of the animals who are housed at the recently opened Grandview Aquarium in Guangzhou.

Walrus calves and beluga whales can be seen swimming in circles in their small tanks, and the bears, Arctic wolves, and foxes have been observed pacing back and forth excessively and scratching at the walls. Many captive animals develop this neurotic and abnormal behavior in an effort to cope with their miserable lives. Their living conditions in this zoo prison stand in stark contrast to what they would experience in their natural habitats, where they would be free to roam. In the wild, marine animals live rich lives filled with activities and interests. They swim together in extended pods and travel vast distances every day in the open ocean. In captivity--where their worlds are reduced from miles to meters--they can do nothing but swim in circles in tanks that are, to them, the size of bathtubs.

The public has been voicing opposition to the Grandview Aquarium, and we will keep raising awareness of the zoo's poor living conditions until its doors close. Please use your influence to help ensure the welfare of the animals imprisoned at the Grandview Aquarium.

Thank you.

Together we can make a difference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join