It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day I met a Demon.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is the grey area yet I still feel the need to add a disclaimer unfortunatley, I have always and will be very open on ATS and I understand that a lot of empathic and wonderfull people are here and I class many of them as friends I have never met. That said I would like to point out that not only am I well I do not need to seek medical advice and that is the end of that line of conversation. the following is something that happened and also something that I have never mentioned to anybody in the 10 years since that it happened and only once did I have a brief drunken conversation with one of the people that was involved, that said moving on.

It must have been 10 or 11 years ago based on the fact It was before the birth of my son, I had gone to Avebury stone circle with my partner at the time who was a wiccan and another couple who we were good friends with. We spent some time at the stones and the other couple were asking questions about the whole witchy thing, at the time I was studying magic but had declined an offer to join the coven my partner at the time was in as felt it was not what I was looking for at the time.

We went to the pub as it was getting cold and all ordered a drink, Me and the bloke of the couple both smoked so the ladies went to find a comfy seat and we went into the beer garden and took a seat. We sat down and there was maybe 10 or 12 other people out there in small groups and one bloke stood on his own.

We sparked up and as I took a sip of beer looked around and saw a guy stood on his own looking at me, Avebury is a pretty hippy place and I nodded and smiled and looked away but felt that he was still looking at me in quite an intense way, I looked back and said "alright, take a seat if you like mate" he did not answer but continued to look at me and it became a bit unsettleing.

My mate said "that bloke is staring at you mate" and I said "I know" and decided to stare back as soon as I made eye contact I had a really big jolt of energy and it was like we were locked together, he was smiling at me in a bit of a sinister way.

He was about 12 feet away at the time and began to slowly walk towards me and I stood up, he got to about 2 feet away and we were staring at each other really quite intensely by this point and my mate said "just leave it mate" with a concerned voice but by this point the connection between us was so great that everything was somewhat peripheral and distant.

He kept staring and then said something along the lines of "On which side will you stand when the end days come brother"

I was thinking whoa this guy is mental and then all of a sudden everything changed and I kind of tranced out and a voice from somewhere inside me said something like "On the side of light of course my friend, and you?

By this point there was nothing else in the universe, just the 2 of us and the energy surrounding us, he said "my master promised my many things for my support" and I said "your master decives you and your comrades"(bear in mind that this sounds odd to even relay so your scepticism is understood

At this he raised his arm alnost like an arm wrestle stood up and I was vaugely aware of my mate going "# it mate lets go leave it" ect and that the other people were also getting a little worried" As I raised my arm to his I heard my mate saying "Im going to get (my partner at the time) and I took his hand.

What happened next was beyond explanation, we were locked in some kind of mental battle, the guy was a lot bigger than me but niether of us could move the others arm at all and everything was like a battle of energy, I was exuding light and joy and he was expelling hate and horror and they were bouncing off each other.

I have no idea how long this went on for but do remember that people seemed to be trying to seperate our arms and failing, then I became aware of my partners voice calling my name and saying "stop now please, not now this is not the time and you know that, I was just grinning into the guys soul and calmly said "NO", she said it a few more times and then simply walked up to us took both our arms and gently pulled them apart.

The world came back and I was pretty dizzy, she looked at me and calmly said walk away please, looked at him ad simply said "leave" I took a few steps back still in eye contact and he said "When the day comes" and I remember beaming at him and saying " I will be ready for you brother" and he turned around and left.

Back in the real world I became aware that everybody was all of a do and flapping about saying "wtf just happened and my mate was really freaked out, I downed my pint and we left.

All the way back we never mentioned what had hapened and about 4 years later my mate was drunk and kind of asked what it was all about but he was to drunk to talk to and I think it really freaked him out.

As I said I have never spoken about this before or what actually happened but it did.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Your story reminded me of an account given in one of Vallee's books (name escapes me right now) about a woman (musician) and her encounter with a "Pan" outside a balcony window.

interesting story nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

The book was "Dimensions" and is available on pdf:

www.vielewelten.at...

edit on 23-7-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Your story reminded me of an account given in one of Vallee's books (name escapes me right now) about a woman (musician) and her encounter with a "Pan" outside a balcony window.

interesting story nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

The book was "Dimensions" and is available on pdf:

www.vielewelten.at...

Thank you i have never heard of the book or the author, I shall take a look.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Another eerily similar account from his book:

Especially interesting to us will be the fact that these reports of celestial objects are linked with claims of contact with strange creatures, a situation parallel to that of modern-day UFO landings. Since these rumors have been puzzling to many authorities in the Roman Catholic Church, perhaps it is appropriate to begin with a quotation from the life of St. Anthony, the Egyptian-born founder of Christian monasticism who lived about 30 A.D. In the desert, St. Anthony met with a strange being of small stature, who fled after a brief conversation with him:

Before long in a small rocky valley shut in on all sides he sees a manikin with hooded snout, horned forehead, and extremities like goat's feet. When he saw this, Anthony like a good soldier seized the shield of faith and the helmet of hope: the creature none the less began to offer him the fruit of the palm tree to support him on his journey and as it were pledges of peace. Anthony perceiving this stopped and asked who he was. The answer he recieved from him was this:

"I am a mortal being and one of the inhabitants of the Desert whom the Gentiles deluded by
various forms of error worship under the names of Fauns, Satyrs and Incubi. I am sent to represent my tribe. We pray you in our behalf to entreat the favour of your Lord and ours, who, we have learnt, came once to save the world, and 'whose sound has gone forth into all the earth.'"
As he uttered such words as these, the aged traveller's cheeks streamed with tears, the marks of his deep feeling, which he shed in the fulness of his joy. He rejoiced over the Glory of Christ and the destruction of Satan, and marvelling all the while that he could understand the Satyr's language, and striking the ground with his staff, he said,
"Woe to thee, Alexandria!" he exclaimed, "Beasts speak of Christ, and you instead of God worship monsters."

He had not finished speaking when, as if on wings, the wild creature fled away.
Let no one scruple to believe this incident; its truth is supported by what took place when Constantine was on the throne, a matter of which the whole world was witness. For a man of that kind was brought alive to Alexandria and shown as a wonderful sight to the people. Afterwards his lifeless body, to prevent its decay through the summer heat, was preserved in salt and brought to Antioch that the Emperor might see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Very interesting story.
Never met any demons but had some very realistic dreams about them.
I pray I never have those dreams again.
They were scary enough without meeting any in real life.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Very interesting story.
Never met any demons but had some very realistic dreams about them.
I pray I never have those dreams again.
They were scary enough without meeting any in real life.

I use the term demon loosely and based on the fact that he was insinuating that there was an end of days but as I am not religious I am not sure as to what it meant, all I know is that it did happen and it was very very strange.

I met baphomet in a vision a while ago and that is not something I wish to repeat as you can imagine.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nice short story, Non. It's interesting how Christian belief has so permeated Western society(especially), that believer and non-believer alike take the mythology of devils and demons literally. Not that I dismiss the possibility of less than savory "spirits". I just think those spirits reside inside of humans, not in hell, or roaming about the earth. In other words, we all have our inner demons(skeletons in our closet) to fight and overcome. But sometimes, we recognize each others demons, and something like your experience happens. Thanks for sharing this. I know it took a bit of courage to do so.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Nice short story, Non. It's interesting how Christian belief has so permeated Western society(especially), that believer and non-believer alike take the mythology of devils and demons literally. Not that I dismiss the possibility of less than savory "spirits". I just think those spirits reside inside of humans, not in hell, or roaming about the earth. In other words, we all have our inner demons(skeletons in our closet) to fight and overcome. But sometimes, we recognize each others demons, and something like your experience happens. Thanks for sharing this. I know it took a bit of courage to do so.

Thanks but it is not a short story but an account of something that actually did happen.

I realise that most people will simply dismiss it as fantasy but that does not change the facts.

I have no idea what haened only that it did and hoped that someone would have had a similar inicent and could shed some light for me.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

What an intriguing story! That really is jaw-dropping. I feel blessed to have been able to read this. I'm glad to know "you are on the side of light". There is a lot of darkness and horror in the world but there are plenty of people with big hearts and loving intentions. You are one of them. Keep up the good fight and thank you again for sharing this

link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Thanks but it is not a short story but an account of something that actually did happen.

I realise that most people will simply dismiss it as fantasy but that does not change the facts.

I have no idea what haened only that it did and hoped that someone would have had a similar inicent and could shed some light for me.

It was not my intention to imply that it didn't. Just a poor choice of words.

link   

Well it permeated Western society because it walks hand in hand. Like someone saying Jesus Christ when they get frustrated.

Further, I don't believe he was going on about internal "demons" but real to form entities that co-mingle with us often times in our form, while at other times in their own image. Pan, Saytrs, goat men, Bahomet spans our recorded history. In various accounts they describe themselves as being quite mortal yet seem to live just outside our ability to perceive. Same goes with other....."races" for lack of a better word: entities of light, cherubs or Sylphs.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

It was not my intention to imply that it didn't. Just a poor choice of words.

I figured that mate but just wished to reitterate.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Well it permeated Western society because it walks hand in hand. Like someone saying Jesus Christ when they get frustrated.

Further, I don't believe he was going on about internal "demons" but real to form entities that co-mingle with us often times in our form, while at other times in their own image. Pan, Saytrs, goat men, Bahomet spans our recorded history. In various accounts they describe themselves as being quite mortal yet seem to live just outside our ability to perceive. Same goes with other....."races" for lack of a better word: entities of light, cherubs or Sylphs.

I have been thinking about talking about this for some time but never managed to find the balls or the right way to explain what happened, in the end I just did it but I think that demon was not the right word, it seemed like it was more of a human that had been decived and convinced to stand on the side of darkness but had been given a certain amount of power for its service.

Hell I have no idea wtf happened, I would talk to my mate about it but I know he would get all freaked out again and that is not fair.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I wouldn't coin them "demons" either. They seem to me to be various races that co-share our planets life pulse. There are more dimensions than the three we interact with daily. like a ripple in space/time, sometimes we catch a glimpse of their existence others times they interact with ours. It seems to me anyway, they have a much easier time with it than us.

Than again, who knows what we are capable of at the highest levels. Perhaps our elite are fully capable of making a presence in their dimension as some of them appear to do with us. Perhaps those are their elites playing with the same boundaries and other times its pure accidental, like a ripple.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
There are many beliefs(archetypes) that span our recorded history. That doesn't make them real. I find the human minds ability to conjure all manner of "evil" to be more frightful than any so-called demon I ever faced when I was Christian. Not to be argumentative. I'm just saying most of those entities you mentioned are powerful human constructs, rather than real beings. IMHO.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just putting this post here to mark this post. I'll come back later when I'm not on my phone and add my experience it's not very similar but is equally as horrifying.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well that creeped me the hell out! Did you ever wonder just why he singled you out of everybody to have a mental good/evil battle with? I mean, it could be that he perceived the goodness in your soul as a challenge. But yikes... I don't think I could have kept silent about it for 10 years. Did the experience impact your life in any way (besides freaking you out)... like, did it prompt you to pursue any spiritual studies or change your habits or thinking in any way?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It sounds to me as if you fear / resolve response was being tested.
I'd have to say, you passed. Good job.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The eschatological elements are interesting, since they're not universal to all religions. It seems clear that this encounter was fueled largely by monotheistic traditions, like Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. What I find particularly interesting is that you attribute, in a nonverbal way, so much power to your then-girlfriend, the Wiccan who was able to separate the two of you, despite none of the other observers being capable of such a feat. Wicca has no eschatology, no "end of the world," and no real concept of Heaven and Hell, angels and demons, or God and the Devil. Why do you think she was able to disable the battery being created by the moral stand-off between you and this mysterious other?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Very interesting! In the spirit of gathering some information, did you have any kind of smell associated with this encounter?
edit on 23-7-2016 by Enderdog because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join