It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE TOWERS OF CONFUSION - a message for all.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

Mathew 5: 24 -25

Therefore if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Reconcile quickly with your adversary, while you are still on the way to court. Otherwise he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.…

I have seen this verse used by one person against another, it went like this:
---------------------------------------------
When the Offertory Hymn began, and the deacons were passing the plates a man came through the door and walked up the center aisle. We will call him the Plaintiff. When the hymn ended, and the Minister stood to offer the Dedicatory Prayer, the Plaintiff then faced the Minister and said loudly enough for the whole congregation to hear, "I have ought against thee, be reconciled to me before this offering is made at the alter."

The Minister replied, "Wait in my office and I will hear your complaint after the service is complete."

The Plaintiff responded, "I have given you the chance to follow the Lord's word. You refuse. Therefore the guilt be on your head." Then he turned, walked down the aisle, out the door, and the service proceeded on.
--------------------------------------------
Do you think the Plaintiff was using the words ostensibly from Jesus in the way they were intended?

Yes.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I guess you really mean it, since you answered then seconded it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think I understand. God has slowly revealed himself to you in fortune cookies over the years.

Fair enough. Thank you for entrusting me with this wisdom.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic

There is nothing magical. If its your passion. You will dedicate your life searching every nook and cranny for answers. Even to the point of asking God for the answers.

If your search for answers only goes to the point of asking God for the answers it cannot be really classed as dedicating your life can it? Perhaps an afternoon?

You have not commented on anything I present. You merely try and find error by way of speculation making up imaginary situations in your head as to what is or is not? Ask yourself this. What is it in you that makes you do this?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic
You have not commented on anything I present. You merely try and find error by way of speculation making up imaginary situations in your head as to what is or is not? Ask yourself this. What is it in you that makes you do this?

That's incorrect.
I was asking what makes you special. What gives you the ability to see above all the corruption.
How can you be sure you are above the corruption?

Generally if everyone but you is crazy, they're not the problem.

Answering this by saying you're just better or have researched more isn't a sufficient answer.
And to add further insult, you mention the point you went up to was "asking god".

As if the billions who have died trying to find answers have never thought of that groundbreaking discovery technique.

I'm not saying you are not the Indiana Jones of researchers. I'm just curious how you were able to gain this great insight so that perhaps one day I might too. Before I can hope to learn anything from you I would need to understand how you have dealt with the burden of your greatness.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Considering the Word of God, the Scriptures for a moment...
You Can Satisfy Your Spiritual Need: Awake!—2009

The Bible’s Viewpoint

You Can Satisfy Your Spiritual Need

HUMANS possess a spiritual need that is as fundamental as the need for food. When it comes to nutrition, however, we have many good choices because of the great variety of life-sustaining foods available. Is it the same with spirituality? There are endless cultural and religious practices that are said to provide satisfaction.

Many feel that as long as you do something spiritual, it really does not matter what you choose to believe or what form of worship you engage in. What do you think? Does it matter how you satisfy your spiritual need? What does the Bible say?

What True Spirituality Involves

At Genesis 1:27, the Bible reveals the source of our spiritual capacity: “God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.” Since Jehovah God is a spirit, this refers, not to any physical likeness, but to a resemblance based on qualities held in common. Like his Creator, the first man, Adam, could value and display such qualities as unselfish love, kindness, compassion, justice, and self-control. He was also endowed with a conscience, an inner moral sense, to guide his use of free will in harmony with God’s laws. These characteristics made him different from the animal creation and uniquely equipped him to carry out his Creator’s will.—Genesis 1:28; Romans 2:14.

The Bible identifies an element essential to human spirituality. At 1 Corinthians 2:12-15, it describes a spiritual person as one who receives the spirit that is from God. This spirit is God’s active force, and its operation is a prerequisite to getting to know spiritual things. A person is thus able to examine and understand issues from a spiritual perspective. By contrast, a person lacking God’s spirit is called a physical man, one who considers spiritual things as foolishness. As a result, his conclusions are limited to what human wisdom alone reveals.

Hence, while our spiritual capacity stems from being made in God’s image, genuine spirituality is not realized through self-awareness, human wisdom, or personal achievement. It requires the influence of God’s holy spirit. In fact, those who refuse to be influenced by God’s spirit, choosing instead to pursue their own desires and ungodly things, are described as not having spirituality. They are driven by fleshly appetites and inclinations.—1 Corinthians 2:14; Jude 18, 19.

Filling the Need

True spiritual fulfillment begins with acknowledging Jehovah as the Creator and recognizing that we owe our existence to him. (Revelation 4:11) We thus realize that our life has meaning only to the extent that we do his will. (Psalm 115:1) Doing God’s will provides purpose in life, an aspect of our spiritual need that is as vital as our physical need for food. That is why Jesus, a man renowned for his spirituality, could say: “My food is for me to do the will of him that sent me.” (John 4:34) Doing God’s will invigorated him, bringing him refreshment and satisfaction.

Since we are created in God’s image, true spiritual satisfaction also depends on our conforming our personality to his. (Colossians 3:10) By so doing, we avoid conduct that demeans us or that damages our relationships with others. (Ephesians 4:24-32) Choosing to live by Jehovah’s standards elevates our lives and contributes to real peace of mind, since we are spared the plague of a guilty conscience.—Romans 2:15.

Jesus revealed another fundamental truth regarding filling our spiritual need when he said: “Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth.” (Matthew 4:4) Our spirituality requires constant attention. Through the Bible, Jehovah provides the answers to life’s questions—questions that are common to all people.—2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Source of True Happiness

A person might relieve hunger pangs by eating junk food. Similarly, we could “fill up” on activities or philosophies that seem to satisfy our spiritual appetite. But just as surely as a poor diet leads to malnutrition, disease, or worse, failing to satisfy our spiritual need properly will ultimately result in harm.

See also my sig and profile description, as well as the full text in the article that's a bit too long for my sig, this is an important point that I'm stressing a lot on ATS cause it is the main preoccupation of many posting on ATS, that harm includes the way a person thinks about subjects and even what subjects they preooccupy their minds with, not getting any closer to an accurate knowledge of the truths/facts that matter most (see 2 Timothy 3:6,7).

If, however, we develop a relationship with Jehovah God, seek to do his will, and follow his guidance, we will find the truth behind the Bible’s words: “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need.”—Matthew 5:3.

HAVE YOU WONDERED?

▪ Where does your spiritual need come from?—Genesis 1:27.

▪ Can we satisfy our spiritual need on our own?—1 Corinthians 2:12-15.

▪ What must we do to fill our spiritual need?—Matthew 4:4; John 4:34; Colossians 3:10.

Failing to satisfy our spiritual need properly will ultimately result in harm.

And often not just to oneself depending on which human philosophies are being spread and promoted by those falling for it (or stepping into the quickmire of human wisdom and philosophy, you mentioned "speculation" and taking it too seriously, not recognizing it for what it really is. See the bible quotation in my sig regarding how to decide where to step).

Or text format:
Should You Belong to a Church?
edit on 25-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Really? His story claims corruption stops us from being able to see. How he has differentiated himself from all of us corrupted individuals is an important thing to know.

Ultimately is by Gods grace that one is allowed to see what is hidden. But I can tell you the process that you must follow to help your eyes and ears to, open.
First and foremost you must love God with all your heart. Secondly you must love all people. Then you must extend that love to all creatures. As they truly are our neighbour's.
Then you must steadfastly follow the 10 commandment's. As those 10 commandments rest upon the first 2.
it is of most importance to avoid the forbidden act of eating flesh. For the commandment is "Though shall not kill".
You must not destroy or harm anything unnecessarily. Respect and look after everything in this house.
For we are merely tenants.
To hasten this process do not eat too much and fast whenever you can.
All the time, as much as possible, (everyday) you must meditate, appreciate, glorify, give thanks to God.
While at the same time you should be mindful of looking after everyone and everything that is in this house. His house.
Then once you do all these things with an honest heart. God may reveal hidden things to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join