It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

walking into a store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Having worked alongside security detail in a box store, in a management title...I have learned quickly when one is being suspected and falsely suspected.
Many children in youth have stolen and not been caught and moved passed that.
So, what makes a person suspicious in ones eye's?
I applied to a work space and was not hired for their was a male human with wife and kids that, as much as his application was inferior to my work history, was hired for being male.
Then, these owners out of their own misguided guilty feelings assumed that I would take revenge by being a thief and they rudely pretend to offer help, when I am trying to browse their store.
Another instance is guilt by association... in a friend of mine that has stolen from a store.
I am guessing that this woman in the health and nutrition aisle at the grocers... thinks that because her service is poor and rude, that she needs to offer help that is (disguising her assumption that I am going to steal) I will steal in revenge against her bad attitude and stupidity.
I learned that you can offer assistance, once. To repeat customers, once was enough and after realizing having seen the shopper more than a fee times and that the worker, should wait to be asked for help.
And watching a camera in the back and then running out to the isle with absolutely no reason over many years, is also very, very, rude... what do I know? I am a stupid idiot.
Any ways in'm sure there is more to the shopping experience... than rude behaviors.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I'm not discrediting your story in any way, but how do you know they hired the other person on the basis of his gender?

If you can prove that they did this, they are breaking non-discrimination laws and you can (and should) file a claim

www.eeoc.gov...
edit on 22-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCorethis was explained matter of fact, that they hired the male with family..as they were paying workers for food (for more than one) and I believe he was with a wife and one or more children. In this case the need of many outweighed the need of one....I believe I found work soon after and what I am complaining about is when I need to purchase something in their store and they act like they are helping me to find something and I am trying to browse, like my money is no good or that I am a sort of person that steals.
At times they are truly being helpful, yet other times they are rude.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

well it is certainly wrong of them to make assumptions and think you are stealing when you are a paying customer who has done nothing wrong. I don't blame you for being upset. The best thing to do when people wrongfully accuse you or take action against you, is to not react, and instead, kill them with kindness.

Then they have to go home at night and face themselves, and deal with the fact that they were in the wrong, and you were STILL nice even after that. I'm dealing with this with my landlords right now who are doing all sorts of illegal things, harassing me, violating cease and desist orders, writing libelous things, the list goes on. They try to make me uncomfortable, confront me and be mean so I will move out. Lucky for me I am way AHEAD on rent payments and have documented almost all of this, and have attorneys helping me out. At the end of the day, never sink to their level. It will help you even though it's one of the toughest things to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Do you have a juvenile shoplifting record?

What are you doing shopping at a store you applied at? -after an awkward hiring situation?

Are you in a small town, with one store?

Why would they not watch you?

-they have paid for the merchandise in the store, your intentions are unknown and it IS their livelihood.

If your wallet was sitting on the table, would you keep an eye on it, especially if you had the guy you turned down a job for at the table?

...those are all rhetorical

Maybe you should quit winning on the net and fill out applications for work.

Maybe one day you could rent your own store, pay with your savings to stock it, hope business goes well, fight taxes, utilities, and other endless overhead expenses, then you could be the first store to wear blindfolds.

Or, when someone walks in you could just say hello, and turn your back.
It could be like an honor system.

This weak rant makes me want to start a first world problems rant.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7do you know how to read or just misinterpret things like a cop?
Sorry you are having difficulty understanding my English.
have a good day.
Why should I not shop in that store? it wasn't awkward for me maybe for them.
Maybe on day I can die.
Your post was week and did not make a difference in my life.
Thank you for your attempt at advice.
I am happy that you grew up with a perfect and balance situation.
My advice to myself is to start writing onion letters to rude employees.
With out being insulting... you might not understand that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCorethis what I do, thus my venting in a rant.
As much as some would like me to be absolute trash from the streets looking for idiot Gang credit, I have worked since fifteen years of age to eat food and dress appropriate and do not fight unless seriously insulted and by fight I mean, stating facts as they are and not being discriminated for absolutely no reason.
I keep a smile and happy way for only so long, people want to abuse me until I snap and that is what happens...I personally do not do this at random back to the world. The rude people and their karma can stop with my presence of being.
Stupid, idiot or whatnot is assuming anything... personally I don't care to know anything and get on with this messed up world, whether I die of starvation or not...I choose kindness over rude behaviors and assumptions, I will not be intimidated by human beings.
Thank you for your kind responses, oh I am ''human'' too..I just turn into an animal when I drift through the veil... or an alien... from the vega system.
Goodbye nice member
I have to log out now and see the real world... hope all is well and peaceful.

new topics

top topics

join