It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "portal" at airport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What rocket engine setup leaves a vapour envelope that huge ? according to a speed converter that 5 miles per second is 18000 MPH

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
What rocket engine setup leaves a vapour envelope that huge ?

Many rockets do, such as this one (at the 35 second mark):

or this one, starting at about the 3:04 mark

And this one, around the 1:10 mark:

And this one:

according to a speed converter that 5 miles per second is 18000 MPH

How can you estimate the speed of something without knowing how far away it is? There is really no way to tell in that video what the distance is from the rocket

Eventually, something in LEO (low Earth orbit) would be moving nearly 18000 miles in order to stay in orbit (to keep from falling back to the ground), but that speed isn't reached until its in orbit.

edit on 2016-7-24 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
I looked for this video on youtube. I couldn't find it. I saw it on my FB feed. Anyone have a better link? What is this? It doesn't look fake to me. The guy says jokingly it's going to hit the tail of plane.

www.facebook.com...

Why did you stupidly title your thread "portal" before you did research to find out it was a launched rocket?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
I looked for this video on youtube. I couldn't find it. I saw it on my FB feed. Anyone have a better link? What is this? It doesn't look fake to me. The guy says jokingly it's going to hit the tail of plane.

www.facebook.com...

It is footage of the September 2nd, 2015 Atlas V Rocket Launch in Florida.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

How can you estimate the speed of something without knowing how far away it is? There is really no way to tell in that video what the distance is from the rocket

Eventually, something in LEO (low Earth orbit) would be moving nearly 18000 miles in order to stay in orbit (to keep from falling back to the ground), but that speed isn't reached until its in orbit.

Got it from inrptr on this thread's 1st page

That plume is from the final ascent stage, It just appears close. Orbital velocity is five miles per second, watch it again and count, one-one thousand, see how far it moves... thats five miles. So yah, thats a 'long ways away'.

edit on 25-7-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So what causes this envelope around the rocket?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join