It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "portal" at airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I looked for this video on youtube. I couldn't find it. I saw it on my FB feed. Anyone have a better link? What is this? It doesn't look fake to me. The guy says jokingly it's going to hit the tail of plane.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's a missle

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Rocket launch

link   
I found a video from another angle. I think it's the same event.

link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Whatever it is it is an awesome display of ?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What's the purpose of a rocket like this if that's what it is:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Rocket launch

over a populated area ? it would be interesting to follow that one up

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

the common sense answer replies proof as well you know.....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Rocket launch

over a populated area ? it would be interesting to follow that one up

That plume is from the final ascent stage, It just appears close. Orbital velocity is five miles per second, watch it again and count, one-one thousand, see how far it moves... thats five miles.

So yah, thats a 'long ways away'.

image search of similar launches
edit on 22-7-2016 by intrptr because: image search

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Looks exactly like the missile trail from the missile launch over the California earlier this year or last year.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: intrptr

Looks exactly like the missile trail from the missile launch over the California earlier this year or last year.

Imagine what the sky would look like with hundreds of those climbing out of their silos.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My immediate impression from video number one was that it was a smoke ring made in the cold air possibly by a motor or generator near by. But as the angle changed it became apparent it was not actually in the vicinity of the Jet tail, rather quite distant. On subsequent videos it did appear as a rocket with the furthest right point obviously the exhaust plume. The thing that was not seemingly normal was the apparent horizontal trajectory.

That could likely be accounted for by the relative distance, an optical illusion on the horizon as it were.
A "Portal" I think we can rule that, I saw no 'Sliders' ....lol...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
...The thing that was not seemingly normal was the apparent horizontal trajectory.

That could likely be accounted for by the relative distance, an optical illusion on the horizon as it were.
A "Portal" I think we can rule that, I saw no 'Sliders' ....lol...

Horizontal trajectories are quite normal for rockets.

Rockets may be launched "upward" initially, but that is only to gain altitude, after which its trajectory is more parallel to the ground. For a rocket (and/or its payload) to achieve orbit, it must fly parallel to the ground. Satellites in orbit, or the space station, or the shuttle when it flew all move along a trajectory that is parallel to the surface of the Earth.

Here's a couple of images illustrating a thought experiment called "Newton's Cannonball" that describes what an orbit is. And "what an orbit is" is basically something falling back to the Earth due to gravity, but with enough "sideways" motion to miss hitting the ground as the surface of the spheroid Earth curves out of the way:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2016-7-22 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Can You keep a secret? That was 'the guys' dropping Me off after voyaging the Galaxy. We got as far as Nrblk before turning back. I wanted to be back in time to see Ichiro get His 3,000 hit.. They'll be back later if You want to go but You can't tell anyone...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Rocket launch

Yup,
Here's one back a bit in 2015, but you can watch the progress for a while, even so, the narrator likes to speculate.

Here, it was probably this,

" ULA Atlas V rocket successfully launches MUOS-4 for the U.S. Navy on Sept. 2, 2015 from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida. Credit: ULA"
edit on 22-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It appears to be slow moving. We can count out meteor, meteorite. However, to me it looks like some sort of comet with that tail.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
It appears to be slow moving. We can count out meteor, meteorite. However, to me it looks like some sort of comet with that tail.

It's a rocket or missile, and looks to be slow-moving (for a rocket) because it is far away -- probably a few hundred miles from the observers, and/or its direction may be slightly away from the observers.

Comets don't appear to visibly move at all when seen from Earth, and can hang in the sky for days or weeks at a time, with most of its apparent visible motion being due to the rotation of the earth -- just like the apparent motion of stars, the Sun, or the moon as seen from Earth. That's because a visible comet is still millions of miles from Earth.

Granted, a comet VERY close to Earth would have a visible motion, but then we would have other things to worry about if a comet was THAT close (such as kissing our butts goodbye).

edit on 2016-7-22 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

SpaceX?

spacecoastdaily.com......

NASA –The 45th Space Wing supported SpaceX’s successful launch of a Falcon 9 Dragon spacecraft headed to the International Space Station from Space Launch Complex 40 here July 18, 2016, at 12:45 a.m. ET. At approximately eight minutes after the launch, SpaceX successfully landed the Falcon 9 first-stage booster at Landing Zone 1 on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. The flyback mission was the second successful one for SpaceX following its historic first landing of a first-stage booster on Landing Zone 1 in December 2015.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
There was an Atlas V rocket launch from cape Canaveral on the 24th , so probably that .

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Looks like a big space monster just ejaculated our way, Be very afraid,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join