It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Takes Over Stephen Colbert's Desk For a Segment

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is absolutely hysterical. From the opening....no I don't want a Fox News Probe either LOL

He's still got it!!
edit on 22-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

And previously....in Jon's mountain retreat....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I liked both of them better when they were just comedians... wait... oh yeah, that's right, nevermind.
edit on 22-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hilarious!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Oh man, I saw this earlier and it's brilliant.

Both are brilliant comedians, Stewart in this skit had me in stitches when Colbert spat water on his face towards the end there.

I could watch Jon Stewart all day, he's both intellectually stimulating and hysterical at the same time - an amazing medium to be able to get across profound messages with just a few words and facial expressions.

and next-level sarcasm I can only dream of aspiring to.

edit on 22-7-2016 by Sublimecraft because: beer, youtube

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

“You feel that you’re this country’s rightful owners. There’s only one problem with that: This country isn’t yours. You don’t own it. It never was. There is no ‘real America.’

You don’t own it. You don’t own patriotism, you don’t own Christianity, you sure as hell don’t own respect for the bravery and sacrifice of military, police and firefighters. Trust me.

I saw a lot of people on the convention floor in Cleveland with their ‘Blue Lives Matter’ rhetoric who either remained silent or actively fought against the 9/11 First Responders Bill reauthorization. I see you, and I see your...”

SO TRUE!

PS: Lol @ Lumpy and Friends!
edit on 22-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

“You feel that you’re this country’s rightful owners. There’s only one problem with that: This country isn’t yours. You don’t own it. It never was. There is no ‘real America.’

You don’t own it. You don’t own patriotism, you don’t own Christianity, you sure as hell don’t own respect for the bravery and sacrifice of military, police and firefighters. Trust me.

I saw a lot of people on the convention floor in Cleveland with their ‘Blue Lives Matter’ rhetoric who either remained silent or actively fought against the 9/11 First Responders Bill reauthorization. I see you, and I see your...”

SO TRUE!

PS: Lol @ Lumpy and Friends!

^ This. There's a lot of tired BS to wade through but that particular strain has got to be some of the worst of the stench.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Man I miss that guy. He really has a great way of explaining the absurdity of politics and political commentary. I hear he's coming to HBO though. Is that still happening?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hadn't heard HBO but just a brief stint during the RNC. I hope what you heard is correct though. I think if he'd been around during the Democrat primaries things might be different now.

Sigh

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My two favorite men on TV!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well it looks like the signs are good still, and just in time for the good part.
Jon Stewart May Be on HBO Before November Election, Says CEO Richard Plepler

In a Paley Media Council interview Thursday with CNN’s Brian Stelter, HBO CEO Richard Plepler was asked whether viewers could expect to see Stewart, former host of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” on HBO before the general election.

“Yeah, I’m hopeful,” Plepler said.

Stewart signed a four-year production deal with HBO in November, three months after ending his Comedy Central run. The first project under that deal involves working with 3D graphics company OTOY on the creation of short-form video projects.

Plepler described Stewart’s approach to his upcoming HBO work as improvisational.

“It is a perfect example of bringing a remarkable original voice into the house, giving a new opportunity of expression to that original voice and saying, ‘We now have the flexibility to let you paint however you want to,'” Plepler said. “My hunch is it will evolve over time. It will iterate over time.” He added, “He has free reign to do whatever he wants.”

When HBO announced Stewart’s deal last year, it noted that Stewart’s initial short-form work would be geared toward HBO Now, the company’s standalone streaming-video service that allows viewers to subscribe to HBO without subscribing to cable. Plepler insisted Thursday that the service has not cannibalized cable subscribers, but has instead been additive.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The Democrats gotta get their best propagandist out in the field!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That was awesome good to see the Big Two back together again.

Oh but Jon. Jon Pookie...you look a little thin dear.
What? Are they not feeding you?
Ya want me to make you some matzo dear?

*cough*

Sorry, channeled a little sweet Elderly Jewish Grandmother there.

*cough*

Anyway...GREAT seeing these guys together again!
SO AWESOME.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

That sounds really interesting!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The only 'news' of politics I could ever watch was Stewart.

Miss his biting satire, so apparently does the audience.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a more serious jon stewart expanding on the idea that it's not your country...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I liked both of them better when they were just comedians... wait... oh yeah, that's right, nevermind.

I can only assume you're referring to Trump and his cheap toupée.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well it looks like the signs are good still, and just in time for the good part.
Jon Stewart May Be on HBO Before November Election, Says CEO Richard Plepler

That would be awesome!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yea. It's funny how Stewart retired and then the craziest election ever occurs right afterwards that is just BEGGING to be lampooned.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, i do miss john a whole lot, and i hope he comes back to comedy soon, we need all the laughter we can get.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

God I love those two!

I'm sure conservatives will make excuses and attack them because conservative.

new topics

top topics

join