It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Scientists Just Found Deep In The Ocean Is Seriously Unbelievable. "I’m Still In Shock...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

Let us know, but as to how and where these objects were found and exactly who discovered them and how they came to be excavated, or even if the objects are valid, they are just pretty pictures, I do not see any evidence in the way that they are presented that lets me believe they are what they claim to be, 1200 year old artifacts from an Ancient Egyptian city.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Someone with something to hide and everything to gain, Sorry for the delay in replies, ATS lost it's freaking mind yesterday!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
These artifacts may indeed be real, I just looked at the pictures again and they look spectacular to me still. However, there is definitely a question of the provenance and where exactly they were found, 1200 years of rolling around in the seas means that they most likely shifted from their original location. They look just a little to good to be true though. I just can't imagine how a find of this magnitude would escape MSM as it has, I mean I never heard anything about it until I saw this article the other day and apparently many of you had not realized it's existence, so question remains, Why is that? Either it was deemed "false" and not given attention or there were enough questions of doubt that it wasn't worth the risk.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
a reply to: jhn7537

I wonder if there is a mystical connection here. One of my favorite albums by Dada has a song called "Sick in Santorini". The eruption of Santorini caused an devastating tsunami the same millenia Heracleion disappeared.

"Sick" is slang for mentally ill.

The ancient name for Santorini is "Thira". Thira in Greek means "untamed" which sort of parallels with "sick".

That's really interesting. Santorini sounds like the best location for the legend of Atlantis. 500km long, series of circular Calderas. It wouldn't be too difficult for a civilisation to make use of natural hot springs for use in heating and drinking.

I wonder if the Egyptians first tried to colonise other parts of the Mediterranean but ran out of resources and had to leave due to a tsunami or earthquake. Egyptians usually put Sphinxes close to rivers and ports in order to impress visitors. There's supposed to be pairs of them at each river port.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove
a reply to: Miracula2

Not sure what your song has to do with it, but you could be on to something, did that happen 1200 years ago

no, the two events were separated by 2400 years. Thera blew her top approximately 1600 BPE, long before Heracleion disappeared into the sea.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Flavian

When you combine that with cities built on coastal sand, the shallow depth of the ruins and then several tsunamis (over the time frame involved) then you have the potential for a huge amount of "jumbling" of any artifacts.

Referring specifically to the 'jumble' I was talking about, the deeper they dug the more they discovered object not from Alexandria but from a hundred miles away.. NOVA , 1997, excerpts...

Every day, the divers discover more and more relics of ancient Egypt. In total, twenty-six sphinxes will be found, including this one, still intact, from the age of Ramses the Great. For a site that was expected to yield Greek ruins, the number of pharaonic statues is amazing. How did they get here? Deciphering the hieroglyphs on dozens of blocks, the archaeologists keep finding the names of Atum and Horakhte. These were the gods of Heliopolis, an ancient Egyptian religious center more than a hundred miles south of Alexandria. Some of these blocks were carved a thousand years before Alexandria was founded. What were obelisks and sphinxes from ancient Heliopolis doing in the Greek city?

NOVA transcript from 1997

youe Nova article is abput the 365 CE tsunami that hit Alexandria. Its a completely different site and the article is from 3 years prior to the discovery of Heracleion.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

You misunderstood what they said. The show the transcripts are from is much more revealing. They show the objects on the bottom from different eras and places.

They determine this by scraping the inscriptions and translating them.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Again though, you're confusing two separate underwater archaeological sites. The Nova article was done 3 years prior to the rediscovery of Heracleion and has nothing to do with that site. It was exclusively about the artifacts beneath the water off the coast of Alexandria from the tsunami that hit the city several hundred years prior to the event that wiped out Heracleion. Between the Greeks and the Romans, many monuments and sculptures from all across Egypt were brought to Alexandria. This is why you see artifacts from many eras at that particular site.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It was exclusively about the artifacts beneath the water off the coast of Alexandria from the tsunami that hit the city several hundred years prior to the event that wiped out Heracleion.

So then what was the event that wiped out Heracleion? Everyone in this thread was quick to assume it was invaded but I suspected that it was a tsunami due to the fact that it was submerged when discovered.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Wolfenz
Why obviously? They couldn't have been damaged in the destruction of said city?

well some perhaps but not all!

The Majority of certain faces of Statues were deface right in Egypt
and not only statues but paintings, wall carvings, and Sculptures too..

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

too add: just about every Statue's face was Disfigured ( NOSE )

There you go. They tried to 'deface' the history.

These are all jumbled about on the bottom, not part of a ruin. They were carried there by boat and dumped.

Who does that?

Defacing right , for what reason a Racial Issue ? Negro African Oriental Asian Northern Caucasian ?

or Defacing a Certain Royal Egyptian ? its all over Egypt the Defacing Particularity the NOSE
also on Wall Carvings to Paintings and Sculptures and figurines...

Not sure if they were carried there by boat tho
.. and some Ive seen were buried deep in sediment ..
from the cause of the flood

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

British troops shot the nose off the sphinx, because thats what made it more 'black'. After WWII the destruction of everything Nazi was a holy quest, rightly so.

Expunged, deleted, de frocked, torn asunder. Buried at sea... ring a bell? Wheres UBL?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

too add: just about every Statue's face was Disfigured ( NOSE )

There you go. They tried to 'deface' the history.

These are all jumbled about on the bottom, not part of a ruin. They were carried there by boat and dumped.

Who does that?

Defacing right , for what reason a Racial Issue ? Negro African Oriental Asian Northern Caucasian ?

or Defacing a Certain Royal Egyptian ? its all over Egypt the Defacing Particularity the NOSE
also on Wall Carvings to Paintings and Sculptures and figurines...

Not sure if they were carried there by boat tho
.. and some Ive seen were buried deep in sediment ..
from the cause of the flood

If there had been a political rivalry or dispute between the supporters of two Pharaohs, the newly appointed Pharaoh would have all mention and reference of his/her predecessor airbrushed from all records. Everything from engraved text to gold items and monuments.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

It was exclusively about the artifacts beneath the water off the coast of Alexandria from the tsunami that hit the city several hundred years prior to the event that wiped out Heracleion.

So then what was the event that wiped out Heracleion? Everyone in this thread was quick to assume it was invaded but I suspected that it was a tsunami due to the fact that it was submerged when discovered.

Im a little confused myself as to why people seem to believe that a conquering military campaign somehow deleted several islands from existence. They're focused on the jumbled artifacts and ignoring all other information. Heracleion was a city built upon several small islands in the mouth ofthe Nile delta. This means their foundations were silt and sand. A large enough tremor easily liquifies this. The entire city is gone. It's not a simple matter of throwing a bunch of artifacts into the Mediterranean as some posters alude. One of the most important ports and emoriums as well as religious centers in pre Ptolomeic Egypt when it became superseded by Alexandria. But it was still an important trade center

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Im a little confused myself as to why people seem to believe that a conquering military campaign somehow deleted several islands from existence. They're focused on the jumbled artifacts and ignoring all other information. Heracleion was a city built upon several small islands in the mouth ofthe Nile delta. This means their foundations were silt and sand. A large enough tremor easily liquifies this. The entire city is gone. It's not a simple matter of throwing a bunch of artifacts into the Mediterranean as some posters alude. One of the most important ports and emoriums as well as religious centers in pre Ptolomeic Egypt when it became superseded by Alexandria. But it was still an important trade center

Here's a video on liquefaction in Japan

The sinking of the islets could have been gradual. The residents might have had the chance to jump into boats and evacuate. The water was described as receding first then a big wave came in.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

a reply to: defiythelie

Not on any animal planet show I see, not a single fish in any picture, and not one single mollusk, hard sediment, something that looks like it was in the bottom of the sea for 2000 years or so, they just plucked them out pristine like that? Wow, first time ever.

Say what? There is jelly fish in 1 picture, the lamp is surrounded by life too. Those are living creatures not just plants. I didn't even look further yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Gold does not corrode or rust. This may not be an area conducive to robust reef life either. The barnacles, the bubbles, the small fish in the background - why would these be staged, off the coast of Egypt one might find these, as perhaps a boat ran ashore used by early poachers? We'll have to wait and see what other artifacts they find but there's no reason to think this would be faked. (First post yay!
)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

As well as ignoring the testimony of the guy that discovered the site in the first place and has been a lead excavator since then.........

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The economig forces that are trying to keep this matrix - a float are doing everything in their power to cover this up. I believe many of these structures had to do with a knowledge of free energy that would make allot of wealthy people poor. The smithsonian coverups, the total neglect from some researchers. They've been bought. reply to: forthelove

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook
Who was it that tried to erase Egyptian history?

Graham Hancock
Robert Bauval
Erich Von Daniken
Robert M Schoch
Zechariah Sitchin
David Hatcher Childress
Ancient Aliens

There's a few others,

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join