It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAN, these guys go DEEP!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I did this "saturation" diving thing for a while, but never this deep.

This is a very cool video. Some very cool and expensive gear here. These guys are the best of the best.

Notice no bubbles, everything is recovered, especially the helium. WOW...big dollar gear!!

Man...there's something for us.

I'm glad I don't do that anymore.

It's just too spooky.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Damn. Spooky is right. How much do those guys/gals get paid?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There's deep (depth) and there's deep (penetration). I dove the Woodville Karst Plain Project about 25 years back. I'd say we were on the cutting edge of technical diving back then.

Later, those guys got the record for penetration. IIRC it was well over 30 miles and the depth exceeded 300ft at points.

What's done today is unfathomable (see what I did there?). Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My daughter, who wants [ wanted? ] to be a forensic pathologist, asked me to teach her to weld, "just in case things don't work out, I'll have something to fall back on", was her reasoning, which I thought showed foresight. That she wanted to weld like her old man, made me proud. Now she's seen deep water welding [ and the money involved ] and now thinks she may change her mind about her future profession. That scares the living sh** outta me.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I seem to remember hearing the people that do the diving do not live long lives due to the gasses being used that is why the pay is thousands per day

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

You get paid as long as you are in "sat". 24x7. It's usually about $2,200-2,700 US per day, some get more.

You go down for 2 weeks and take about $45,000 home (including deco, which is several days). You work maybe 2-3 times per year. Some guys work more.

It's good money, but it's dangerous as all get out...and as some others have posted; it's not really clear what the long term health effects are.

But the money is Awesome!!...so there's that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

They deserve every penny. I don't care how much money, I don't think I could do it.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

A friend of mine told me a interesting story about a diver he knew many moons ago , seems all that concentration and maybe the gasses had developed this guys mind somewhat and he was able to open and close doors at will , I loled at the time when i heard this but you just never know

new topics

top topics

join