It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XM556 Microgun - Little Brother of the Minigun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So I found this while browsing. The XM556 Microgun.

thefunnybeaver.com...

I have no knowledge of weapons, is this more of a gimmick than anything else?

Kind of interesting, great for home defence.. ha!

It made me wonder about Miniguns and if they are legal in the US and it seems they are. I'm kind of jealous of you Americans right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
very cool!
do you reckon that it would be good for rabbit hunting?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Wow.

I have one of those on my game of "Fallout Shelter".

Now I need one for the house.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah ... it's a grown man's toy.

It's not hard to own automatic weapons. You have to mind your ps and qs, dot your eyes and cross you tees ... but it ain't hard and just takes time.

The guy in that video probably burned a hundred bucks right there. I can think of better ways to blow money, but every once in a while full-auto is fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I think this one might even suffice for alien hunting, predator style..

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You need a Class 3 FFL to own a full auto, a lot of paperwork, background checks and other bs... they can deny or revoke your FFL at anytime. Not really 'easy' to get.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
It made me wonder about Miniguns and if they are legal in the US and it seems they are. I'm kind of jealous of you Americans right now.

You have to have a special ATF licence and/or it has to be Pre-1986. So, no. Not going to be sold to the public.

Also you have to plug it in? Lol. We are over run... Power went out... retreat!...

edit on 21-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

You have to have a special ATF licence and/or it has to be Pre-1986. So, no. Not going to be sold to the public.

Also you have to plug it in? Lol. We are over run... Power went out... retreat!...

The bigger version uses a battery. Similar to a car battery. And it is not suitable for home defense. It fires too slow and has limited capacity.

edit on 21-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Class III is for the FFL dealer that would sell it. An individual needs to apply for a Form 4 tax stamp. It is easy. You just need to pay $200 and the item is paid for in advance. And than you wait 6 months without your money or gun. An individual does not need a federal license, only a state one if required. And places like Rhode Island and Hawaii they are illegal. Maybe other, but I never cared more than that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Also to add, if memory serves, a legally registered "machine gun" has never been used in a crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
You need a Class 3 FFL to own a full auto, a lot of paperwork, background checks and other bs... they can deny or revoke your FFL at anytime. Not really 'easy' to get.

Except this is a newly manufactured machine gun (anything after 1986) and would fall outside of the purview of NFA tax stamping.

This firearm is currently not legal to own outside of the military.

The older miniguns, if you ever manage to find one, are still legal to own. But they'll destroy your wallet unless you're a millionaire.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So what's the market for this gun if it isn't adopted by the military and the public can't buy it?

Would it even find some niche within the military?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

PMC's maybe? I could see these mounted on SUV's etc in the manner of Sudanese "technicals"

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I'd rather have the original Minigun then though, if it's going to be pintle mounted.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Yeah, though I wonder how much lighter this arrangement would be...Could be a much more usable option. That said, give me gimpy any day.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yep!
Two of these mounted on tower stands which rise from the bed of my truck to positions above the cab. I could rotate and aim them from inside via a camera and monitor.

Now let's see who just sits at the light after it has changed to green. Even better, I'll bet I get that parking space that other guy thought he wanted.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This would be good for clearing buildings. Put it onto a backpack feeder and use it for room clearing.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice find. After watching the video, my first thought was that I must have one! My second thought was how much the ammo would cost me. I think I can live without it

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

or even better, mount it on one of those little robots and send the robot into the house.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: yuppa

or even better, mount it on one of those little robots and send the robot into the house.

Ding ding ding we have a winnar!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join